SiouxSports.com Forum

Can someone please explain hockey to hammer?

Frozen4sioux

Exactly!

Does anyone know if the Hennessy radio broadcast is in synch with the Midco tv video? I'm thinking I will give that a try tonight. Nothing against Kober (and that's what people who know him call him), but he must feel embarrassed when Dan displays his lack of hockey knowledge and vocabulary. I think Kober really doesn't want to correct him on the air, but maybe there should be some enlightenment sessions Dan could have with him or any other knowledgeable hockey person.

I listen to TH over the iheart radio ipad app. I then DVR the hockey game on TV. The radio feed is about 20 or so second behind the TV so I just pause the TV and sync it up the best I can that way. I did this last year as well.

• Upvote 1

How about when they said this going to stick for a long time? ???? ???? I think there has to be a better nickname, and then hopefully Hammer wont wear it out in the first 30 seconds.

Agreed. That nickname probably wouldn't be so bad if Hammer hadn't used it 14 times in the first 60 seconds.

I don't mind Hammer, so not here to bash him, but I'm surprised nobody picked up on him saying that St. Clair played the past 3 seasons with the "Fargo Ice Sharks"!

Yeah - i heard that too! I am also not here to bag on him (I am MOSTLY indifferent about the announcer change thusfar) but I will add a little fuel for those that want to :devil: :

Gleason - "offensive minded defenseman" EVERY time. Mention he is from Edina every other time.

" and the pass is intercepted by Mac...milli-wialliam-s-son-ston..."

"the puck is stolden away by Grimaldi"

Here is a fun thing to do while listening to Hammer and Koooober call the game. Try to keep track of all the botched common phrases and mixed metaphores. I.E. " You hit then nail right on the nose there Dan". or "he was plastered into the boards like a ton of bricks". or "Kristo picked up the puck and undressed the Alaska d-man like a trafic cone pylon orange cone thing for traffic control purposes...pylon." (you get the idea). Its pretty entertaining.

• Upvote 3

Gleason - "offensive minded defenseman" EVERY time. Mention he is from Edina every other time.

Here is a fun thing to do while listening to Hammer and Koooober call the game. Try to keep track of all the botched common phrases and mixed metaphores. I.E. " You hit then nail right on the nose there Dan". or "he was plastered into the boards like a ton of bricks". or "Kristo picked up the puck and undressed the Alaska d-man like a trafic cone pylon orange cone thing for traffic control purposes...pylon." (you get the idea). Its pretty entertaining.

You might be able to develop a drinking game out of this. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Yeah - i heard that too! I am also not here to bag on him (I am MOSTLY indifferent about the announcer change thusfar) but I will add a little fuel for those that want to :devil: :

You might be able to develop a drinking game out of this. :lol:

Get Hammered with Hammer!

Haven't been a big fan of JM either, since the 1280, the Ticket days... "Track it down, Marge!!"... Bleh

His play-by-play talents, though, are exceptional IMO. He does a great job of painting a picture over the radio of what is taking place on the football field................

His play-by-play talents, though, are exceptional IMO. He does a great job of painting a picture over the radio of what is taking place on the football field................

Jacks play by play is decent, his talk shows..........wow they are bad.

One of the reasons I hate hammer so bad is he left fargo radio and stuck everyone with Jack, kinda going from sinkhole to supersuckubus, and both interrupt Dan cole.

I mean I used to think he was just hamming it up and trying to create excitement when he talks on his show about the cheeseburger the waitress brings over at wherever live remote they are at but hen I realized that .

.that IS probably the most exciting thing in his day ...

..and he IS that excited about it ....

And then I just get a little sad for him.

Although I agree and like the additional support and attention to the matter

It been done,

Facebook.com/bringbacksweeney

I don't mind Hammer as a play-by-play guy, but I'm not knowledgable about hockey myself. To a casual hockey fan like me, I haven't noticed much difference between him and Sweeney.

However, I also quickly grow tired about how he constantly refers to Koberinski as "Kober", coach Mussman as "Muss", and coach Hakstol as "Hak". I know these guys are all often referred to by these names and that's fine, but I honestly can't remember the last time I've heard him address Koberinski or Mussman by their actual names.....................

Well, we have another one to add to the stable................

Watching the volleyball game tonight, and during intermission they interviewed women's basketball coach Travis Brewster. Of course, Hammer was unable to pronounce the second syllable of Brewster's name. Hence, we now have Coach "Brew"....................