SiouxSports.com Forum

We need more cheers/chants!

ophelia

In the 3+ years I have been here and the hours and hours I have spent waiting in line and talking to people (including some of the die hard student fans) I have never heard of "the list" ever spoken

Of course, it won't be that hard to find someone to restart that tradition :cool:

It definitely wasn't an every game occurence. One of the guys that did it was a fan of the goophers :glare: when he wasn't cheering for UND, maybe that'll help you remember if you ever talked with them.

It definitely wasn't an every game occurence. One of the guys that did it was a fan of the goophers :glare: when he wasn't cheering for UND, maybe that'll help you remember if you ever talked with them.

Sorry, nothing is coming to mind right now about meeting someone with a list. The only things I really do remember as a freshman was the horrible experiences of the campout for season tickets and the 125 times the F*** the Gophers cheer was said by the student section that October 2009 weekend, which lead to the REA Spectator Code of Conduct

So someone throw out conjecture about what the "higher ups" are doing, and now all of a sudden it's fact. This is what we call "message board facts." I am not saying that there's not the possibility, but, without proof, I wouldn't go assuming it to be true. This is how the old legend that "Ralph had dynamite placements incorporated during construction so that it could be blown up if the nickname went away" started. I still to this day hear from people who believe this as gospel, especially out in the western part of the state.

Beside, I was at Friday's game and there was enough Sioux chants and references to Fighting Sioux from the crowd to make this old fan very proud of my alma mater -- from the National Anthem on.

No rumor on this one. The band was told not to play the Hey Song. I got this from the director when they played in Winnipeg last year.

All the school song lyrics have been changed.

Sorry, nothing is coming to mind right now about meeting someone with a list. The only things I really do remember as a freshman was the horrible experiences of the campout for season tickets and the 125 times the F*** the Gophers cheer was said by the student section that October 2009 weekend, which lead to the REA Spectator Code of Conduct

They would ALWAYS be first in line at the student entrance. That guy that was a fan of the Gophers also cheated to get lower bowl seats on nights he had upper bowl tickets since he worked at REA - he'd pretend he was working to get to the lower bowl. Pissed everyone off.

But like I said, I attended UND from 06-09, and I learned of the list near the end of my time, so I don't know the situation currently.

They would ALWAYS be first in line at the student entrance. That guy that was a fan of the Gophers also cheated to get lower bowl seats on nights he had upper bowl tickets since he worked at REA - he'd pretend he was working to get to the lower bowl. Pissed everyone off.

But like I said, I attended UND from 06-09, and I learned of the list near the end of my time, so I don't know the situation currently.

That method of cheating to get into lower bowl is way too complicated. If you had never noticed, the lower bowl ticket had a watermarked picture of the Ralph on it, and the upper bowl tickets were just plain white. All you had to do was cut off the bar code of a lower bowl ticket and tape it on an upper bowl ticket, because all they ever checked for was the picture.

That method of cheating to get into lower bowl is way too complicated. If you had never noticed, the lower bowl ticket had a watermarked picture of the Ralph on it, and the upper bowl tickets were just plain white. All you had to do was cut off the bar code of a lower bowl ticket and tape it on an upper bowl ticket, because all they ever checked for was the picture.

He showed his Ralph badge to get past the guards, he didn't use his ticket. He would constantly brag about it in line.

• Upvote 1

there was a Spectator Code of Conduct for the student section before that, we just never paid attention to parts of it.

He showed his Ralph badge to get past the guards, he didn't use his ticket. He would constantly brag about it in line.

I sat with you nightly but I.have never heard of this guy ha. I also wasn't known for sitting in the upper bowl.

Why not just a simple Let's Go Green cheer? Or the easy Go Green, Go White yell back and forth between the sections

How about a friendly competition between the Greek Houses. Maybe a sorority and fraternity could work together to come up with a new appropriate cheer or promotes a familiar cheer. Maybe a prize for the Greek that has their cheer repeated the most by the crowd during the evening. Could have a prize such as a puck, with something written on it, to the Greek House each game that they had the most often repeated cheer that they started. In the case of a sorority and fraternity working together they each get a puck. Maybe someone out there can think of a cleaver name for the puck award that would make it special. Challenge: anyone have an idea for the name of a puck award.

Maybe Pat Sweeney could be the judge for the award each home game. Just a thought of a proactive way to get the crowd going. We can whine about it or come up with some ideas. You now are "it" your chance to come up with an idea.

How about a friendly competition between the Greek Houses. Maybe a sorority and fraternity could work together to come up with a new appropriate cheer or promotes a familiar cheer. Maybe a prize for the Greek that has their cheer repeated the most by the crowd during the evening. Could have a prize such as a puck, with something written on it, to the Greek House each game that they had the most often repeated cheer that they started. In the case of a sorority and fraternity working together they each get a puck. Maybe someone out there can think of a cleaver name for the puck award that would make it special. Challenge: anyone have an idea for the name of a puck award.

Maybe Pat Sweeney could be the judge for the award each home game. Just a thought of a proactive way to get the crowd going. We can whine about it or come up with some ideas. You now are "it" your chance to come up with an idea.

I don't...I don't even