SiouxSports.com Forum

My 1st weekend of watching on TV

Fetch

But how often will it be used? As of right now isn't it out of conference games only in while in the nchc? I hope this changes.

All home games will be aired on Midco Sports Network, that's not changing with the NCHC. Unfortunately, they will no longer be aired on Fox College Sports starting next year due to the NCHC agreement with CBS Sports Network.

All home games will be aired on Midco Sports Network, that's not changing with the NCHC. Unfortunately, they will no longer be aired on Fox College Sports starting next year due to the NCHC agreement with CBS Sports Network.

I sent Midconet an email the other day and asked them if they planned on putting Midconet on DirecTV. They sent me a reply back saying not at this time. I sent them a reply that said, you might want to consider it, I then explained about our fan base being very big and all over the USA. My suggestion is that we should fill their email boxes and phone lines with calls.

I sent Midconet an email the other day and asked them if they planned on putting Midconet on DirecTV. They sent me a reply back saying not at this time. I sent them a reply that said, you might want to consider it, I then explained about our fan base being very big and all over the USA. My suggestion is that we should fill their email boxes and phone lines with calls.

Midco can't just put the channel on DirecTV. That is up to DirecTV whether they want it or not. It is a negotiation process. Midco would like to have the channel on DirecTV, someone posted an email they got from Midco saying that they are going to try to do that starting next fall. I was told the same thing by someone from Midco. Your campaign should be to ask DirecTV to add the channel rather than asking Midco to put it on DirecTV.

I thought the tv contracts that faison negotiated for the nchc disallows us to be on national tv

They don't allow us to be on a national sports network (Fox College Sports), however, they do allow UND to be shown on a regional sports network (Midco Sports Network or Fox Sports North) that airs nationally.

well then tell that to the PAC12 Network and the Lakers TV Network (TWCS) because both of those are in HD and not on Directv ;)

Does it ultimately come down to how much DirecTV or other cable outlets are willing to pay for carrying these regional networks?

well then tell that to the PAC12 Network and the Lakers TV Network (TWCS) because both of those are in HD and not on Directv ;)

I never said they would get in on DirecTv. In fact, I think it is highly doubtful they will get added. However, having an HD signal is a lot more favorable for attracting viewers than a SD signal. The one benefit to having an SD signal is that it's going to take less bandwidth.

Does it ultimately come down to how much DirecTV or other cable outlets are willing to pay for carrying these regional networks?

sort of. With sports networks it is how much does it cost and also how the packagaing is set up.

While Directv (as example) could say "ok it goes in the sports package" Midco could request it is part of the RSN package in ND, SD and MN (like FS North) and sports pack for everyone else.

That is how BIg10 Network is done with alot of cable comapnies and also Dish. If you are in a BIg10 state its part of the RSN setup (or in the case of MIdco the basic package). Outisde of that its in the sports pack. My buddy found that out the hard way when he moved to Wahpeton...BIg10 is not in basic package but across the river in Breckenridge it is.

sort of. With sports networks it is how much does it cost and also how the packagaing is set up.

While Directv (as example) could say "ok it goes in the sports package" Midco could request it is part of the RSN package in ND, SD and MN (like FS North) and sports pack for everyone else.

That is how BIg10 Network is done with alot of cable comapnies and also Dish. If you are in a BIg10 state its part of the RSN setup (or in the case of MIdco the basic package). Outisde of that its in the sports pack. My buddy found that out the hard way when he moved to Wahpeton...BIg10 is not in basic package but across the river in Breckenridge it is.

I think that's how Big10 is in Fargo vs. Moorhead, too. My brother said he can't get Big10 Network in Fargo. But it's probably just that he can't get it without the Sports Pakage.