SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU game

geaux_sioux

A little over 24 hrs until kickoff. After a week of sulking over last Saturday's game I am excited for tomorrow. I want to see how this team bounces back one more time. I'm excited to see one of the best QB's in all of college football come to the Alerus tomorrow. There is no doubt Sorenson will get a shot to make a NFL squad next season.

He'll get drafted. Two really good and accurate passers tomorrow. Best QB battle in Alerus history by far.

There are many factors that we are all aware of that with attribute to the attendance being low tomorrow. Adding the fact that it will be 38 degrees and snowing, there will be many people who don't want to be out in that weather, even if the game is indoors. Unfortunately I see this being the lowest attended game of the year. I'll go with 6500. It is unfortunate to send the seniors out with such a lack luster crowd.

There are many factors that we are all aware of that with attribute to the attendance being low tomorrow. Adding the fact that it will be 38 degrees and snowing, there will be many people who don't want to be out in that weather, even if the game is indoors. Unfortunately I see this being the lowest attended game of the year. I'll go with 6500. It is unfortunate to send the seniors out with such a lack luster crowd.

6500 seems a little low. Did it ever get that bad last year even?

6500 seems a little low. Did it ever get that bad last year even?

Sept 1, Drake - 8484

Sept 24, Black Hills St. - 8545

Oct 8, Montana Western - 6407

Oct 22, Cal Poly - 9930

Nov 5, Sioux Falls - 6279

Nov 19, South Dakota - 7400

So twice last year there were less than 6500 fans at the game.

Going into the last game of the year, we were 7-3, playing a familiar foe (South Dakota), and playing for a share of the conference title. There were 7400 fans there. This year, we are have a losing record, far from a conference title, and playing an opponent that yes, we have played before, but brings little excitement to the average fan.

Sad to say, this game could be the lowest attended game in UND history at the Alerus.

Tomorrow's game will be my first in-person UND football game, not to mention my first time in North Dakota (or any Dakota, for that matter). Can't wait to watch my cousin throw the ball... Also, I work for the world's leading sports statistics company...everyone at the office here is probably getting tired of me pulling up interesting UND and Braden stats. Flying Chicago to Fargo here in a few hours...see you at the Alerus, I'll be tailgating with the Hanson entourage!

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow's game will be my first in-person UND football game, not to mention my first time in North Dakota (or any Dakota, for that matter). Can't wait to watch my cousin throw the ball... Also, I work for the world's leading sports statistics company...everyone at the office here is probably getting tired of me pulling up interesting UND and Braden stats. Flying Chicago to Fargo here in a few hours...see you at the Alerus, I'll be tailgating with the Hanson entourage!

Hope you enjoy your time in North Dakota!

Over/under just set for Braden's day....425 w 3TD.

Hope you enjoy your time in North Dakota!

Thanks! No other outcome seems possible, half our family is from Fargo/GF, and it's high time I actually visited.

Also hitting up the Ralph for the hockey game later. I'll also be in Greeley for Braden's final NCAA game.

Nice. I'll go with the over on both yards and TDs, just because it feels good and I expect the seniors to step it up.

Looking forward to the game as well. Enjoy your time up here and we all look forward to a big game from the offense tomorrow.

Are you the source of the most yards by a left handed QB in the NCAA game stat after the Montana game?

Are you the source of the most yards by a left handed QB in the NCAA game stat after the Montana game?

Yeah we may have been the source... Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised, we provide stats like that to pretty much every major sports league.

Eccles-Coliseum-3.jpg appears SUU averages about 7,000.

I will be here all next season too to help some people get realistic expectations of what FCS football is.

That includes you Jayson.

Sounds like excuses to me. I am not trying to be rude, but UND had much better averages in the D-2 days yeah? No reason to say, "Oh (insert school here) averages (insert number comparable/less than UND here). So we should be happy we have what we have. If I pulled that card on BV I'd get my *** chewed.

Eccles-Coliseum-3.jpg appears SUU averages about 7,000.

I will be here all next season too to help some people get realistic expectations of what FCS football is.

That includes you Jayson.

I love that i'm like the optimist with high standards around here now. Good lord.

Sounds like excuses to me. I am not trying to be rude, but UND had much better averages in the D-2 days yeah? No reason to say, "Oh (insert school here) averages (insert number comparable/less than UND here). So we should be happy we have what we have. If I pulled that card on BV I'd get my *** chewed.

Yet another quality post.... on a game thread. I believe that we have another thread for this type of post.

I am execited to watch two of the best FCS QBs play today - it should be a fun game to watch.

Best pure passing Big Sky quarterback vs. arguably the worst Big Sky defense.....

I can't see this thing going the right way unless it is like the Montana game and we perform an aerial fireworks show.

I have the same feeling, but on the other hand SUU did lose at home to Weber St. a few weeks ago, so they're a bit unpredictable.