SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana St Game........ Thats Montana St not NDSU

geaux_sioux

The problem is that I don't think Mussman will make changes on the defensive side; he just doesn't seem to have the guts to fire some of his long-time assistants. If the man at the top doesn't believe changes are needed, they will not happen.

In fairness, there was one pretty big change made in the defensive staff after last season.

So the state of the program is responsible for all of the injuries to key players? Or the two really good teams that came off a buy and played us? Or having the toughest schedule in the country while having a bunch of injuries to really key players?

Injuries happen. Getting beat 55-17 and 55-10 has more to do with UND's program than the injuries. I am sure Montana State and EWU have a few guys hurt too.

Injuries happen. Getting beat 55-17 and 55-10 has more to do with UND's program than the injuries. I am sure Montana State and EWU have a few guys hurt too.

It's gotten to be more than just injuries happen this year. Two starting lbs, two starting dls, one db, three wrs, our qb, our best olineman, two other linemen, and our te, its kind if a lot.

15 Carries for 15 yards. I guess that guy won't have to eat his hats.... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

That was me, but I did think you could throw for 300. The Cats played the most complete game I've seen in 10 years against what I thought was going to be a tough out. Good luck the rest of the way and I hope to see you in person at Alerus next September!!

2. Mr. Mackey, I realize that you made a big hit. But the scoreboard indicates that we are down by 4 scores and I seriously doubt that it will make up for the plays that were missed, so why strut around? Huddle up, get your kudos from your teammates in the huddle and get ready for the next play. We need to stop being about "me" and start worrying about "we". Oh yeah, and despite the hit, the guy still caught the ball and it was for a first down.

I said the same when this happened, but to their credit, a bunch of the DL and LB's were getting on him and I think one even discreetly pointed at the scoreboard.

All of these players are out for the season?

No but Hanson missed week 2-5 and is still not 100% with his leg which affects some throws that he has to step into. Kleason is a great Guard and hasn't played yet. Lynch missed a gave with a broken thumb and now has a club of a cast wrapped around his hand. Denui, the RT, was injured early last week which killed pass protection. Brenneman was hurt before the EWU game and injured his knee in that game and missed the next two games and is now trying to gut it out at nowhere near 100%. Benjamin has looked to be playing through something all year. Goodman, leading tackler (he's the only one with any) has been shut down after trying to gut it out the past 4 weeks with a foot injury. Andrews hasn't played in 3 weeks with an injury. Brown hurt his hammy against PSU and hasn't been himself this year. RJ McGill tore his ACL in the 4th quarter of the Poly game in which he was having a career game and putting the team on his back. Golladay hurt his ankle in that game and has been slowed down by that ever since. Jackson hurt something pretty bad against Montana and looked very slow last game. Nichols got hurt a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen him in there since.

Not all are season ending injuries but many are to key guys and are more than the typical nicks that every player deals with every week.

No but Hanson missed week 2-5 and is still not 100% with his leg which affects some throws that he has to step into. Kleason is a great Guard and hasn't played yet. Lynch missed a gave with a broken thumb and now has a club of a cast wrapped around his hand. Denui, the RT, was injured early last week which killed pass protection. Brenneman was hurt before the EWU game and injured his knee in that game and missed the next two games and is now trying to gut it out at nowhere near 100%. Benjamin has looked to be playing through something all year. Goodman, leading tackler (he's the only one with any) has been shut down after trying to gut it out the past 4 weeks with a foot injury. Andrews hasn't played in 3 weeks with an injury. Brown hurt his hammy against PSU and hasn't been himself this year. RJ McGill tore his ACL in the 4th quarter of the Poly game in which he was having a career game and putting the team on his back. Golladay hurt his ankle in that game and has been slowed down by that ever since. Jackson hurt something pretty bad against Montana and looked very slow last game. Nichols got hurt a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen him in there since.

Not all are season ending injuries but many are to key guys and are more than the typical nicks that every player deals with every week.

Ain't it great to have these guys here questioning everything we post. I know they can't take hints and they are here forever since they just can't seem to get over having to make sure everyone here is aware how much better their school is then ours. Sad...
  • Upvote 1

Ain't it great to have these guys here questioning everything we post. I know they can't take hints and they are here forever since they just can't seem to get over having to make sure everyone here is aware how much better their school is then ours. Sad...

It's a similar situation to their 3-8 season but hopefully we can finish 6-5

Dude calm the hell down, life isn't that serious. I honestly had no idea about any of the injuries other than Hanson.

Thanks for the breakdown geauxsioux. As UND gets further along with this DI thing, the injuries at key positions won't hurt as much because the depth will be there. Last year was the first year that NDSU had the kind of depth to rebound from injuries like UND is dealing with. 5 years ago the Colten Heagle and Zach Vraa injuries would have been devastating for NDSU, now they have the depth to absorb some injuries.

Dude calm the hell down, life isn't that serious. I honestly had no idea about any of the injuries other than Hanson.

Thanks for the breakdown geauxsioux. As UND gets further along with this DI thing, the injuries at key positions won't hurt as much because the depth will be there. Last year was the first year that NDSU had the kind of depth to rebound from injuries like UND is dealing with. 5 years ago the Colten Heagle and Zach Vraa injuries would have been devastating for NDSU, now they have the depth to absorb some injuries.

Heagle is an absolute stud. IMO was easily their best player during SU's run last year. No offense to the 2 corners down south but Heagle is/was the dude. To be able to replace him to injury and not miss a beat says alot.

Heagle is an absolute stud. IMO was easily their best player during SU's run last year. No offense to the 2 corners down south but Heagle is/was the dude. To be able to replace him to injury and not miss a beat says alot.

I agree completely, Marcus Williams gets a lot of hype and well deserved, but I think Heagle is/was the best player on the defense that is full of stars.

Point being, 5 years ago the loss of NDSU's best player at such a key position in NDSU's defense would have translated to a huge dropoff. I don't feel like I even notice that he isn't out there, which is amazing.