SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

I might be wrong on this but didn't Colorado State get beat by SanDiego State handily. We gave San Diego State a very good game. There is absolutely no reason to believe that UND couldn't have beat Colorado State.

Colorado State is total crap, they are bad. We need Gene Taylor to help us with our FBS scheduling. The guy is a master of picking doormat programs with first year coaching staffs (not that he would know that but it's uncanny how many times its happened). I think they have played 6 FBS games against first year staffs.

Idaho was our chance to beat a doormat and we blew it.

You mean the best rated conference in FCS?

http://usatoday30.us...garin/fbc12.htm

You need to get your head out of the sand and look at reality. Repeating the Big Sky is the best conference in FCS over and over again doesn't make it true.

Last year the Great West was the highest ranked FCS conference and the reasoning out of Fargo was less teams= higher ranking. As usual that reasoning dies when if favors FU.

• Upvote 1

Matchups. Until UND wins an FBS game, I wouldn't say it is unfair to put FBS games down as losses for them for the time being. I don't think UND would beat Colorado State based 100% on the fact UND couldn't stop the offenses in the Shrine Game.

Colorado State doesn't have an offense. Have you watched them?

Colorado State doesn't have an offense. Have you watched them?

We could argue back and forth all day about UND vs. CSU. The fact remains that UND has never beaten an FBS team, so to say that UND would beat Colorado State is a reach to say the least.

Colorado State is total crap, they are bad. We need Gene Taylor to help us with our FBS scheduling. The guy is a master of picking doormat programs with first year coaching staffs (not that he would know that but it's uncanny how many times its happened). I think they have played 6 FBS games against first year staffs.

so is UND's defense.

Last year the Great West was the highest ranked FCS conference and the reasoning out of Fargo was less teams= higher ranking. As usual that reasoning dies when if favors FU.

There is a difference between a 5 team conference being favored and a 10 team conference. I don't know what people are getting so bent out of shape over anyway. Both conferences appear to be pretty good this year.

It doesn't take a math major to figure out that a conference as small as the Great West is going to have their conference ranking skewed either too high or too low. If they have one or two teams with a decent ranking it artificially elevates the entire conference. If one or two are really bad they will be skewed in the opposite direction.

Larger conferences are buffered from these large swings by having a larger sample size.

So everything I have seen or read says that Golloday got his toe down on what would have been a TD catch late in the 4th (about 2:30 left I believe). I didn't think there was anyway he got a foot down. How rediculous of a catch was that if he did? If I'm picturing this correctly he had a defender draped all over him and a ball that was thrown well over his head and he was pushed right up against the sidelines. The kid so far to me has even exceeded where I thought he would be at.

So everything I have seen or read says that Golloday got his toe down on what would have been a TD catch late in the 4th (about 2:30 left I believe). I didn't think there was anyway he got a foot down. How rediculous of a catch was that if he did? If I'm picturing this correctly he had a defender draped all over him and a ball that was thrown well over his head and he was pushed right up against the sidelines. The kid so far to me has even exceeded where I thought he would be at.

When I watched it live I didn't even consider it possible that he could have caught the ball and came down in bounds. When they showed the replay I was like holy $h!t that was actually a touchdown!

It doesn't take a math major to figure out that a conference as small as the Great West is going to have their conference ranking skewed either too high or too low. If they have one or two teams with a decent ranking it artificially elevates the entire conference. If one or two are really bad they will be skewed in the opposite direction.

Larger conferences are buffered from these large swings by having a larger sample size.

That's bull.

Because the Great West had so few internal games, it actually had more non-conference games than the MVFC or Big Sky (at the time). Games outside thee conference are what determine conference ratings, as the conference games mean nothing from a conference rating standpoint. Because the Great West played more non-conference games, it's rating was more reliable than other conferences.

And you were taught "higher" math where? What a loser!

Anybody see the TV replay when Braden reached for the first down on the 4th down sneak. Did he have the first down? Sure looked like the spot wasn't very good.

I sit about the 22 yard line on that end and I thought that his reach went further than the spot he was given. It's always tough to tell for sure at an angle, but I thought that he had gotten past the marker.

Anybody see the TV replay when Braden reached for the first down on the 4th down sneak. Did he have the first down? Sure looked like the spot wasn't very good.

IMO that was the worst call of the day. That wasn't even close. Tough to not take the 3 points in that situation to tie the game, but that time I felt Muss made the right call. It was 4th and maybe a 1/2 a yard. Braden is what...6'5"?? He easily leaped and extended the ball well past the first down marker before he was pushed back. Really poor spot.

When I watched it live I didn't even consider it possible that he could have caught the ball and came down in bounds. When they showed the replay I was like holy $h!t that was actually a touchdown!

Thats what I thought. Than my dad calls me on my drive home, I read the board here and now I see the writer for the Grizz said it was a TD as well. I need to see a replay cause I don't know how he did it.

Thats what I thought. Than my dad calls me on my drive home, I read the board here and now I see the writer for the Grizz said it was a TD as well. I need to see a replay cause I don't know how he did it.

I thought there was instant replay in college football? Is that only at the FBS level?

5-2? :lol:

You have never won an FBS game, but are willing to predict one to prove your theory?

Why is the MVFC routinely rated so highly if they are horrible? Conspiracy?

0 wins against any team ndac plays. Ac does everything right from team to conference to internal affairs. On a side note, ndac seems to schedules cupcake FBS teams, their overall record is 31-63 or 33% winning percentage the years ac played them. UND's FBS teams played record is 37-35 or 51% winning percentage?

• Upvote 2

I watched the replay of the Braden Hanson QB sneak and he absolutely got at least 1 yard on that jump. What the hell were the refs thinking? The Montana NG got no push at all plus Hanson got a full jump in over the top of McGurran... and stretched the ball out fully as far as he could with no opposition.

That was as good of a QB sneak as a team can get in that situation.

0 wins against any team ndac plays. Ac does everything right from team to conference to internal affairs. On a side note, ndac seems to schedules cupcake FBS teams, their overall record is 31-63 or 33% winning percentage the years ac played them. UND's FBS teams played record is 37-35 or 51% winning percentage?

Why don't you check the stats on FBS games vs. FCS teams. Regardless of how good an FBS team ends up in their own conference, FBS wins are EXTREMELY RARE.

There is no such thing as an FBS cupcake. Has nothing to do with me being an NDSU fan either, they are just so rare that you can't discount them even in the slightest way.

Which of the FBS teams that UND has played in the past 4 years wouldn't NDSU have beaten? Texas Tech is likely the only one.

Yes it does. Even though we are in the FCS we are DI too. Such BS in the NCAA. FCS in their eyes are like DII. No respect.

I think the problem is a lack of consistency from venue to venue. The Alerus and FargoDome could likely support replays, but smaller stadiums when games are not televised or simulcast would likely need large upgrades in technology to make it work.

Yes it does. Even though we are in the FCS we are DI too. Such BS in the NCAA. FCS in their eyes are like DII. No respect.

Most FCS teams don't televise all of their home games. The NCAA isn't going to force schools to set up the equipment for replays if it isn't in the stadium already for a broadcast.

Why don't you check the stats on FBS games vs. FCS teams. Regardless of how good an FBS team ends up in their own conference, FBS wins are EXTREMELY RARE.

There is no such thing as an FBS cupcake. Has nothing to do with me being an NDSU fan either, they are just so rare that you can't discount them even in the slightest way.

Which of the FBS teams that UND has played in the past 4 years wouldn't NDSU have beaten? Texas Tech is likely the only one.

None according to you and how rare a win is? You are so blinded you don't even know when you contradict your self.

I think the problem is a lack of consistency from venue to venue. The Alerus and FargoDome could likely support replays, but smaller stadiums when games are not televised or simulcast would likely need large upgrades in technology to make it work.

So why can't they say we are going to have replays at buildings that support it. Like UND vs Montana was on Root Sports (a major channel) easily could have had replays. If they can have replays at the REA they can sure have it at the Alerus.

So why can't they say we are going to have replays at buildings that support it. Like UND vs Montana was on Root Sports (a major channel) easily could have had replays. If they can have replays at the REA they can sure have it at the Alerus.

You can't have replays at one game and not at all games for that level of play. It has to be equal. It wouldn't be fair to teams playing in places without replay capability.