SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Alaska & Alaska

AZSIOUX

Finally games that count! Friday should be interesting pending injuries/suspensions UND could dress 15 skaters compared to the usual 18. No Kristo all weekend, I hope both goalies get a start and Rocco dazzles

Fri vs UAA

Sat vs UAF

did I read that there maybe was a hockey rink issue in Alaska?? I believe all these games are being played in Fairbanks

I'm hoping for a split of the weekend. Beat Anchorage, and try and hold your own against Fairbanks. If Rowney isn't able to go on Saturday....ohh boy.

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of what occurred last year. Chip it out, lock up the neutral zone, and only forecheck if you've got numbers going into the zone.

I expect a guy like Grimaldi to be the difference. He'll log a ton of minutes this weekend.

I'm hoping for a split of the weekend. Beat Anchorage, and try and hold your own against Fairbanks. If Rowney isn't able to go on Saturday....ohh boy.

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of what occurred last year. Chip it out, lock up the neutral zone, and only forecheck if you've got numbers going into the zone.

I expect a guy like Grimaldi to be the difference. He'll log a ton of minutes this weekend.

Its not like we are going into Alaska with no one. I'm assuming Parks is unable to go, but Rowney is: here is what the lineups possibly could be for each night:

For UAA

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Gaarder

Chyzyk--MacMillan-Gleason

Pattyn-St. Clair-Rodwell

Senkbeil-Sanderson

Schmaltz-Forbort

Mattson-Simpson

Panzarella

UAF

O'Donnell-Knight-Grimaldi

MacMillan-Rowney-Gleason

Caggiula-St. Clair-Rodwell

Chyzyk-Sanderson-Senkbeil

Schmaltz-Forbort

Mattson-MacWilliam

Simpson

We will still have effective forwards in the lineup. Grimaldi and MacMillan both need to have huge weekends. I think what saves us is goaltending, and that we still have a very deep and talented d-corps both nights, even with the suspensions.

Its not like we are going into Alaska with no one. I'm assuming Parks is unable to go, but Rowney is: here is what the lineups possibly could be for each night:

For UAA

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Gaarder

Chyzyk--MacMillan-Gleason

Pattyn-St. Clair-Rodwell

Senkbeil-Sanderson

Schmaltz-Forbort

Mattson-Simpson

Panzarella

UAF

O'Donnell-Knight-Grimaldi

MacMillan-Rowney-Gleason

Caggiula-St. Clair-Rodwell

Chyzyk-Sanderson-Senkbeil

Schmaltz-Forbort

Mattson-MacWilliam

Simpson

We will still have effective forwards in the lineup. Grimaldi and MacMillan both need to have huge weekends. I think what saves us is goaltending, and that we still have a very deep and talented d-corps both nights, even with the suspensions.

I like your combos, although the coaches have said that Gleason will be on the blue line for likely the year. Now that I look at it Saturday should be okay. I think Clark Saunders plays and plays well on Friday. Could be the guy in both games.

I like your combos, although the coaches have said that Gleason will be on the blue line for likely the year. Now that I look at it Saturday should be okay. I think Clark Saunders plays and plays well on Friday. Could be the guy in both games.

I remember Hakstol saying that, I just kind of figured an exception can/will be made for this upcoming weekend due to the suspensions/injuries. I could see Panzarella moving up as well, he played a few games at forward last year.

Um. When was that?

Vs. Omaha he did for a game, and I want to say another in the home series against Wisconsin before they really settled on Gleason as a forward last year. I don't think its very hard for any d-man to step into a 4th line checking role, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if Hak really wants Gleason at D.

Yes along with Gaarder, Pattyn and Kristo. Parks too if he is still hurt.

Thanks...I didn't remember him... I knew there were other suspensions but was thinking that Kristo was the only one out on Saturday. I didn't realize they spread out the suspensions across both days.

Thanks...I didn't remember him... I knew there were other suspensions but was thinking that Kristo was the only one out on Saturday. I didn't realize they spread out the suspensions across both days.

Yeah IIRC there were 3 different suspensions. The captains, then Gaarder, Pattyn, and Panzarella for something else with the party and then O'Donnell and Kristo for something unrelated to the party. O'Donnell, and the captains will sit Friday, Gaarder , Pattyn, Panzarella, and Kristo will sit Saturday night.

Yeah IIRC there were 3 different suspensions. The captains, then Gaarder, Pattyn, and Panzarella for something else with the party and then O'Donnell and Kristo for something unrelated to the party. O'Donnell, and the captains will sit Friday, Gaarder , Pattyn, Panzarella, and Kristo will sit Saturday night.

I thought O'Donnell was out Saturday not Friday?

Edit: Just looked it up and it is Friday.

Looking at the scores of the tournament up in Alaska makes a guy think UND should get two wins. Anchorage wins the tournament, and Canisius beats Fairbanks. Hmmm....

ND will be missing Kristo, Knight, Rowney, O'Donnell, Parks and MacWilliam for UAA game. That's a lot of talent, experience and leadership missing. Not to mention that there will be very inexperienced players playing on special teams and perhaps in positions they are not used to. Also playing two men short of 18 skaters and in a time zone and rink they are not familiar with.

The next night they will be playing the home team without Panzarella, Gaarder, Pattyn, Kristo and Parks, again playing shorthanded and missing the things that those players bring.

ND will be missing Kristo, Knight, Rowney, O'Donnell, Parks and MacWilliam for UAA game. That's a lot of talent, experience and leadership missing. Not to mention that there will be very inexperienced players playing on special teams and perhaps in positions they are not used to. Also playing two men short of 18 skaters and in a time zone and rink they are not familiar with.

The next night they will be playing the home team without Panzarella, Gaarder, Pattyn, Kristo and Parks, again playing shorthanded and missing the things that those players bring.

So what you're saying is you have UND in 2 blowout wins this weekend!

Wow. I guess I was banking on a sweep.

Wow. I guess I was banking on a sweep.

Me too, with the depleted lineup we are putting out on Friday, we are still substantially more talented than UAA. Our goaltending will be good, the only d-man we don't have is MacWilliam. UAA is known for recruiting big players, which most of the time are slow. This is a perfect recipe for the little guy to dominate. I expect a multi-point game from him Friday, as he will be playing a lot.