SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Funny thing is budish is the only Edina player I can't think of that minnesota has had for a long time. sioux , notre dame and out east seem to be popular choices for all the calke eaters most recent. They have nanne coming in and not sure on any others.

As all teams could do but losing to Mankato this year isn't like previous seasons. They have a very good team this season! Good to see new teams emerge, until we play them then it's sweep time! Ha

Everyone has been pumping MSU-M tires but for the most part they have beaten a lot of bad teams.

Everyone has been pumping MSU-M tires but for the most part they have beaten a lot of bad teams.

Def not pumping their tires but they are a lot better than they have been in years. Very solid players on that team. They will battle for one of the last ncaa tourney spots but I think they will just miss out baring a late final 5 run

Yeah, I still cringe when I see or hear the name Shawn Hunwick.

The 1-0 loss to Denver in the 2004 West Regional Final is another tough one.

I remember watching that game in my basement and when the game was over, I just sat there in disbelief looking at my TV... I think I sat there for like two hours staring at the TV. My wife came down stairs and said, you going to ever come out of the basement? That loss sucked because that team was one of the Best UND had had for a while.

Def not pumping their tires but they are a lot better than they have been in years. Very solid players on that team. They will battle for one of the last auto bids but I think they will just miss out baring a late final 5 run

MSU has played the 35th hardest schedule with impressive wins over UAH, Providence, Brown and UCONN and have a 6-8 record against the TUCS. MSU also has a record 2-6 against teams ahead of them in the standings... I realize their better than last season but it doesn't take much to be better than last season. I think UND will win both and they will be hard fought games but I am not that impressed.

May have beaten bad teams but they're still in the top 16 in the PWR. They're not a bad team by any means. Much better than past years.

I remember watching that game in my basement and when the game was over, I just sat there in disbelief looking at my TV... I think I sat there for like two hours staring at the TV. My wife came down stairs and said, you going to ever come out of the basement? That loss sucked because that team was one of the Best UND had had for a while.

yup...how that team didn't hang the big banner still hurts...

After that game.....I dont really...but...if ..when...ouch..it stilll hurts,

I layed on the couch with a couple dozens gnawed up chicken wings on the plate just asking ....why.....god they deserved to touch it.

I think I went through the twelve levels of loss that evening....

• Upvote 1

After that game.....I dont really...but...if ..when...ouch..it stilll hurts,

I layed on the couch with a couple dozens gnawed up chicken wings on the plate just asking ....why.....god they deserved to touch it.

I think I went through the twelve levels of loss that evening....

I think it was bitter sweet because it was the last game of Parise, Bochenski and Dean Blais.

I'll never forget that game. One of the major "WTF just happened" moments in the new Ralph era. Adam Berkhoel stole that one from us, no doubt. (He also stole the NC from Maine that year, IIRC)

Wasn't that game in Colorado Springs?

Yup, last second road trip with my grandpa from Scottsdale. We lose with that team 1-0 after dominating, think we went to our hotel for a hour then decided to drive back to az. Funny when I was back in az for Xmas my grandpa brought this up and said I had my hoodie pulled down over my eyes and didn't say a word until Albuquerque :) ha can't beat the ups and downs of your fav team! Been a while since the celebration in providence back in 2000. Hopefully many of us will be ripping up Pittsburgh come April!!

But even when Mankato wasn't as good, it took some unbelievable plays by Frattin late to beat them. Depending on what each team is fighting for at that stage of the season, those games could be very scary.

I'm not on here very long when I'm on. I only check a couple threads unless I have absolutely nothing to do and need to kill time. I like talking college hockey with people that like college hockey. GPL and SS are probably the 2 best. USCHO gets ridiculous. I'm obviously not here to cause trouble so I guess I don't know see why it bothers you so much.

Good explanation....I get it.

But even when Mankato wasn't as good, it took some unbelievable plays by Frattin late to beat them. Depending on what each team is fighting for at that stage of the season, those games could be very scary.

For me they're all scary from here out, losing to bad teams torpedos your PWR and you end up with a crappy draw in the NCAA tourney, we're used to getting hot this time of year and gaining PWR spots, I'd hate to see it go the other way and hanging on to a 3 or 4 seed at the end. Every game is crucial from here on out, losing at Minnesota doesn't hurt you much but dropping games at home against Bemidji or Mankato would hurt.

For me they're all scary from here out, losing to bad teams torpedos your PWR and you end up with a crappy draw in the NCAA tourney, we're used to getting hot this time of year and gaining PWR spots, I'd hate to see it go the other way and hanging on to a 3 or 4 seed at the end. Every game is crucial from here on out, losing at Minnesota doesn't hurt you much but dropping games at home against Bemidji or Mankato would hurt.

I would be completely happy to get in as a 3 or 4 seed. The league schedule down the stretch is a bear, and it really doesn't matter what seed you are or who you play. You have to play well and get good goaltending no matter who you play.

College puck on tv here in Bismarck tonight

Ferris state @ Notre Dame ....HD. CBSSD

Mankato @ UMtc. ......HD....BTN

Yale @ Cornell ..........HD.....NBCSPORTS

Bemidj State @ Omaha .....sd.....PPB

Alaska @ Wisconsin ......sd......FCSA

St. Cloud @ UND..........ad.....Midco & FCSC

Me @ couch

Pizza@ gut

• Upvote 1

Me @ couch

Pizza@ gut

LOL! The best night of my life...if it was me in your shoes.

Yes, I know it was a horrible loss tonight to SCSU.

To help ease that just a tiny bit...

BC lost to a Maine team with 2 Hockey East league wins all season.

Michigan lost...yet again.

Notre Dame continues to tank after the New Year, losing too.

Minnesota lost on a goal with less than a minute to play.

Yes, I know it was a horrible loss tonight to SCSU.

To help ease that just a tiny bit...

BC lost to a Maine team with 2 Hockey East league wins all season.

Michigan lost...yet again.

Notre Dame continues to tank after the New Year, losing too.

Minnesota lost on a goal with less than a minute to play.

*Sigh*....This loss really hurt. Minnesota was definitely the better team but couldn't finish on their chances. ???

Me @ couch

Pizza@ gut

You can actually get that game in Bismarck? I am jealous.

*Sigh*....This loss really hurt. Minnesota was definitely the better team but couldn't finish on their chances. ???

See? For every action (Sioux loss), there is an equally opposite and positive REACTION (Gopher loss). Thanks for brightening my day, GFG!

• Upvote 1