SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

If your going to give a player crap about something at least try to get it right. The player that was checked from behind was Budish. It may or not deserved 5 , but it was clearly a penalty.

Biddish burdish. bjugish?.....it doesn't matter it's tough to see numbers when they're diving like phelps after a starting pistol...hip to hip checking is not a penalty unless it's oscared up. But you stay classy minnestota.

-BC bounces back and beats UNH 5-2. Gaudreau is right back at it, with 3 pts.

-Michigan continues downward spiral, losing 5-4 to Alaska.

-Duluth beats Tech 1-0.

-UW cools off MSUM, beating them 4-3 with 30 sec left in OT.

-UMN looks beatable for most of the game against UAA, and then scores 2 goals on a 5min major PP to close out the game with a 4-3 win.

-UNO absolutely dominates DU for most of the game, but Faulkner can't stop a beach ball in net and DU wins 7-4.

Right! How many times have I read the Star Tribune or Pioneer Press talk about Minnesota's #1 ranking in October or January...only to hear about the team keeping busy playing 'Call of Duty Black Ops' when other teams are busy playing hockey in March?

I don't know. How many times?

-UNO absolutely dominates DU for most of the game, but Faulkner can't stop a beach ball in net and DU wins 7-4.

I only watched the 1st period, but it was mostly DU. You might be right though about the rest of the game.

That being said in the WCHA that's called everytime.....

Not sure about that....I saw the call...it was borderline. However, with a couple minutes to, in a tie game, you let borderline calls go unless there are multiple borderline calls. I felt bad for UAA. Seriously, in the first half of every year, MN gets every call to go their way....truth! Refs let teams play more towards the end of the year....that's when they start losing. Not sure about this year however, as they do have a solid team.

Not sure about that....I saw the call...it was borderline. However, with a couple minutes to, in a tie game, you let borderline calls go unless there are multiple borderline calls. I felt bad for UAA. Seriously, in the first half of every year, MN gets every call to go their way....truth! Refs let teams play more towards the end of the year....that's when they start losing. Not sure about this year however, as they do have a solid team.

I just watched the video of the goofs guy getting hit from behind, I don't know how anyone can say it was a dive or a bad call. If that happened at the REA that guy would be scared for his life. I think it was a good call, the timing issue isn't the refs fault, it was the UAA players fault.

I just watched the video of the goofs guy getting hit from behind, I don't know how anyone can say it was a dive or a bad call. If that happened at the REA that guy would be scared for his life. I think it was a good call, the timing issue isn't the refs fault, it was the UAA players fault.

I've watched the play a couple times and I don't really think it's a dive either but I think the issue is Budish turns at the very last second before being hit. I think the ref should have made a call but probably should have gave him 2 for boarding rather than giving the guy a 5 minute major.

...but I think the issue is Budish turns at the very last second before being hit. I think the ref should have made a call but probably should have gave him 2 for boarding rather than giving the guy a 5 minute major.

BINGO! Watch the replay in slow-motion. Budish sees the hit coming and after the AA player commits to the hit, he turns his back to the player. Nice job of selling it too. 5 minute major...no way.

I've watched the play a couple times and I don't really think it's a dive either but I think the issue is Budish turns at the very last second before being hit. I think the ref should have made a call but probably should have gave him 2 for boarding rather than giving the guy a 5 minute major.

Watched it again....u guys are correct it definitely was a penalty but not a 5

BINGO! Watch the replay in slow-motion. Budish sees the hit coming and after the AA player commits to the hit, he turns his back to the player. Nice job of selling it too. 5 minute major...no way.

he did a great job of selling the hit by laying on the ice...

I guess I didn't realize the ref's had the ability to watch slow-motion replays before they call penalties.

• Upvote 1

I've been saying they should be for years. 5 minute majors are such a game changer.

Agree with 5 min majors. They are such an important call and can flip a game in a instant. It still stays as a judgment call of course but the speed of the game is so fast that it could be very helpful to the refs

I've been saying they should be for years. 5 minute majors are such a game changer.

In last night's game UND and C.C. both had five minute majors and neither team scored... I think the loss of Drake Cagguila screwed up UND's rhythm.