SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 EWU

geaux_sioux

I tell you what.......go recruit a few kids that are handy at forging names on a petition......put them in and let them play. While not much with petitions, I would bet they could play one hell of a game of football and make your President look like a damn fool all at the same time.......Wait.....I guess the President is already a damn fool.

only 3 pages about the biggest game of the year!!!! c'mon guys

what does UND have to do to slow down EWU?

Do you think the red turf will have any affect at all?

I hope to find it somewhere on tv, hope its easier on the eyes than watching boise, but i doubt it

Won't be on TV but it will be on Big Sky TV, the conference's free onlinse streaming service. As far as the red turf, I imagine it will be much harder on the eyes than Boise's blue.

I tell you what.......go recruit a few kids that are handy at forging names on a petition......put them in and let them play. While not much with petitions, I would bet they could play one hell of a game of football and make your President look like a damn fool all at the same time.......Wait.....I guess the President is already a damn fool.

There are other more appropriate threads for that discussion, let's keep this one clean of bison fraud troll posts.

Ever the homer that I am, I am going to say North Dakota 45, Eastern Washington 42.........................

There will be no defense played by either team in this game. Neither team has proven that they can stop the run, but at least North Dakota has shown glimpses that they can run the ball a little bit. I figure both offenses will throw for 300+ yards, but North Dakota will be more effective at running the ball than will EWU, and they'll put together a long drive in the second half to seal the deal, ala Sac St................

The key will be to keep the Eagles out of the Red Zone................

The red turf will bother those of us watching the game alot more than it will the players.......................

These two teams are seemingly mirror images of one another. Based on last season, who would have thought that?

By the numbers:

PASSING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING PASSING DEFENSE

EWU: 308 ypg vs. 194 ypg

UND: 287 ypg vs. 206 ypg

RUSHING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING RUSHING DEFENSE

EWU: 138 ypg/3.7 ypc vs. 221 ypg/5.6 ypc

UND: 192 ypg/5.0 ypc vs. 186 ypg/4.9 ypc

SCORING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING SCORING DEFENSE

EWU: 26 ppg vs. 27 ppg

UND: 41 ppg vs. 20 ppg

TURNOVER MARGIN

EWU: +1 pg

UND: +0 pg

It's a given UND won't play any D. My gut says this one gets away from us early and UND makes a game of it late. SE174 called it 38-30 EWU. If we are within 8 late in the game w a chance I'll be giddy.

To have a chance at playoffs (Jim Mora edit) we need to get this one or Montana State. The defense needs to start the game better. One thing that I've taken away is the defense has played better in certain quarters lately (in Sac State and Cal Poly), but except for the first game, they've gotten jumped on early. Portland was first play of the game. Sac's first drive was their best. The whole first quarter against Poly wasn't very easy on the eyes from the Sioux sideline. However, in Sac, they got a lead and we able to do some ballhawk and get some turnovers. After the first quarter last week, the defense stood tall and was actually making plays, not just stopping them. The 4th wasn't good, but I think being on the field for so long was an issue there (which in fairness is something Poly gameplans to do). If the Sioux defense can get an early stop or two, and the offense can get a quick lead, it plays to the defense's strengths. Mersereau can do some ballhawking, which is his strength, and we can let Ross Brenneman and blitzing linebackers loose to add to the population of Sack City. There is your recipe.

To have a chance at playoffs (Jim Mora edit) we need to get this one or Montana State. The defense needs to start the game better. One thing that I've taken away is the defense has played better in certain quarters lately (in Sac State and Cal Poly), but except for the first game, they've gotten jumped on early. Portland was first play of the game. Sac's first drive was their best. The whole first quarter against Poly wasn't very easy on the eyes from the Sioux sideline. However, in Sac, they got a lead and we able to do some ballhawk and get some turnovers. After the first quarter last week, the defense stood tall and was actually making plays, not just stopping them. The 4th wasn't good, but I think being on the field for so long was an issue there (which in fairness is something Poly gameplans to do). If the Sioux defense can get an early stop or two, and the offense can get a quick lead, it plays to the defense's strengths. Mersereau can do some ballhawking, which is his strength, and we can let Ross Brenneman and blitzing linebackers loose to add to the population of Sack City. There is your recipe.

With MSU's run game, I'd say this week is more winnable.

There are other more appropriate threads for that discussion, let's keep this one clean of bison fraud troll posts.

LOL......I don't think I am a troll if I thump on my own school.

Too bad this game or the NDSU game are not picked up by Directv anywhere. I am hunting all weekend and was hoping to catch something interesting on the satellite (you know we rough it out camping!).

LOL......I don't think I am a troll if I thump on my own school.

Too bad this game or the NDSU game are not picked up by Directv anywhere. I am hunting all weekend and was hoping to catch something interesting on the satellite (you know we rough it out camping!).

I was thinking the same thing.... if a bison fan with a username starting with a j had said it then it would've been trolling

I hope I am wrong but I don't see much of a chance that we win the game handily!

It's our main strength vs their huge weakness and its our huge weakness vs their strength, if one of those weaknesses has a decent day one team will/can win handily. This game will be entertaining regardless.