SiouxSports.com Forum

Major announcement

Teeder11

My first game was in 84. UND got beat by CC. But I remember in Jan 87 UND vs Yale and Hrkac with a wrap around goal. That was awesome to see. That whole team was amazing!!! I still have the game program to this day.

I saw every home game that year...don't remember them all, but I was there...:)

• 4 months later...

Hmmm? Look what a building now got Hamm. A huge tax cut. And you guys blasted me?

The tax cut is a good thing. It will further ensure a good climate for oil related business in ND. The state has plenty of revenue and needs to reduce spending back to levels similar to what they were about 5 years ago.

-----------

Who's to say that this tax bill would not have happened regardless of Hamm's donation? That connection cannot and should not be made.

The tax cut is a good thing. It will further ensure a good climate for oil related business in ND. The state has plenty of revenue and needs to reduce spending back to levels similar to what they were about 5 years ago.

-----------

Who's to say that this tax bill would not have happened regardless of Hamm's donation? That connection cannot and should not be made.

Only in your wildest dreams there is no connection.

-----------

we have a good clime, in case you missed it. If the climate gets worse, we can always fix it then, but this is nothing more than a handout to out-of-state companies.

if anything, we should be raising the extraction tax, not lowering it.

• Upvote 3

You wouldn't have a job without Republicans.

Amen brother. The more tax cuts, the merrier. You know who knows how to spend money and allocate resources the best? The person who worked for the money in the first place.

Vote out any idiot who voted for this absolutely ridiculous tax cut. Makes absolutely no sense!

The idea behind is it quite simple, but also shows a difference in the way to obtain more revenue. This thought process revolves around the idea that by decreasing the tax rate, it will lead to greater spending and growth in the industry, thus increasing the total revenue base you can tax off of and ultimately gaining more income. In my opinion this is the best way to go about it as it promotes gaining more tax dollar through growth and innovation.

Now I don't consider myself a democrat or a republican, as I endorse the Libertarian party. You can either tax the current income base or reduce the tax rate and promote growth within an industry. I feel the second way is the healthier and better way because it will give the industry motivation to spend more and grow quicker. The industry will still naturally grow if we didn't decrease the tax rate, but in my opinion wouldn't be enough to warrant at all the increase the tax rate.

Tell that to the 100s of thousands of Americans who lost their jobs due to the Republican fiscal policies of the last decade. I think they would say the opposite.

Ultimately this whole recession was do to the housing crunch, that was started due to Clinton's policy that everyone has the right to buy a home.....just sayin...

The idea behind is it quite simple, but also shows a difference in the way to obtain more revenue. This thought process revolves around the idea that by decreasing the tax rate, it will lead to greater spending and growth in the industry, thus increasing the total revenue base you can tax off of and ultimately gaining more income. In my opinion this is the best way to go about it as it promotes gaining more tax dollar through growth and innovation.

Now I don't consider myself a democrat or a republican, as I endorse the Libertarian party. You can either tax the current income base or reduce the tax rate and promote growth within an industry. I feel the second way is the healthier and better way because it will give the industry motivation to spend more and grow quicker. The industry will still naturally grow if we didn't decrease the tax rate, but in my opinion wouldn't be enough to warrant at all the increase the tax rate.

This is pure hooey. If the oil is there, the oil companies will remain in the state to get it out of the ground so they can sell it. And you can forget all this fear-mongering about the price of oil dropping to unprofitable levels anytime soon. Every time a big oil refinery has a leak in a hose, they shut it down for two weeks and the price of gas at the pump rises 50 cents per gallon. And with increasing demand worldwide (China, India, ect.), there will be no surplus of oil on the world market anytime soon. My advice to everyone is get the most fuel-efficient vehicles you can from now on, because that is the only way you will save money on fuel.

The bottom line is this: Lowering the oil extraction tax won't change the behavior of oil companies in western North Dakota in terms of what they pump out of the ground. But it will take money out of the hands of the State of North Dakota, resources that could be used to mitigate the negative impacts of the oil boom in the west (damage to infrastructure, inadequate roads and highways, overcrowded schools and hospitals), add to our reserve funds for possible hard times in the future (drought, floods) and play catch-up on deferred maintenance projects that we couldn't afford in the past. This is, in short, a big tax giveaway to oil companies that can serve no logical purpose other than to thank them for their generous contributions to the campaign accounts of certain politicians in the state of North Dakota. I don't have to name names, I think we can guess who these people are.

Further proof that monopolies don't work in business and they don't work in government. And on that sour note, have a good Sunday. :)

• Upvote 2

That is far to brood of a statement to be even close to true, you can't compare national debt to personal debt, they are two completely different things.

I am not comparing national debt to personal debt. I just think it's amusing that some of the same people that kick and scream about "letting me keep more of what I earn" and "I do a better job of managing my money than the government" also have credit card debt problems and have creditors calling them day and night. I guess you haven't seen the statistics about how addicted millions of Americans are to the cheap and easy credit that is available to them.

Anyway, we are part of the national debt problem. We want to cut government spending.....until it impacts one of our cute little pet projects. Then we kick and scream about how wrong it is to cut that program. Like it or not, we are mirror images of the government we elect (and I am talking local, state and federal). To change the latter, we must also change the former. We must become an investment and savings society, not a spending and consumer society.