SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 5 Already? vs Cal Poly

geaux_sioux

Cal Poly is back for more this year in the Alerus. These games are always close and always entertaining. They are a team that we all are very familiar with and their offense is a very interesting matchup with our defense. Their QB is Snoop Doggs nephew and is very good at orchestrating the option.

They score 32.5 points/game vs allowing 18points/game

They run for 324 yards/game and pass for 84.5 yards/game

Leading rusher Deonte Williams 148 yards/game 1TD long of 74

QB Andre Broadous has passed for 169 yards and 3 TDs at 61%

This game should be a good one, Poly is our top rival in the Big Sky as of now. The Alerus should be packed.

Prediction (as of now): PAIN

The defense has me nervous for this week. They have to be assignment sharp and cannot miss tackles. Plus, the secondary cannot play as poorly in this game as they did last season vs. Cal Poly. We need to force them to methodically drive the ball down the field. The big play has killed us this season. I'm hoping the difference between this year and last is the fact that we have an offense now that can move the ball and keep our defense off the field.

The defense has me nervous for this week. They have to be assignment sharp and cannot miss tackles. Plus, the secondary cannot play as poorly in this game as they did last season vs. Cal Poly. We need to force them to methodically drive the ball down the field. The big play has killed us this season. I'm hoping the difference between this year and last is the fact that we have an offense now that can move the ball and keep our defense off the field.

I'm thinking our secondary will continue to improve, look at the improvement from Portland to last night. The difference is night and day. Passing out of the option is really hard to defend on the other hand.... I'm more confident in them this year though. 3-4 is going to do what it was created to do

Ok, guys and gals, take this for what it's worth... a quick cursory look at the Alerus Center ticket site shows already as of Sunday evening with 6 ticket selling days to go about 9,620 Alerus Center seats as "unavailable" (presumably meaning purchased or reserved) for the Cal Poly game. By comparison, the official attendance of the most recent home game against PSU was 9,200 and last year's attendance against Cal Poly was 9,930.

I would imagine these "unavailable seats" already take into account the reserved student seats but does not guarantee that all of those seats will be taken by students ( I can't imagine why they would not turn out in huge numbers, though, for this one).

All that said, it looks like we are off to a great start for this weekend!

Go UND!

Best part about this game on sat is that we won't have to sit and watch as Joey Bradley piss the game down his leg. UND offense 2.0 will be lightyears better no matter who plays QB. I for one am ecstatic to see how we match up with Poly having a complete offense.

You know what I forgot about that! I think I had blocked it out. We nearly won that game with some of the worst numbers a QB could have at this level last year.

Can't wait to get in the Al and start hassling Cal Poly!

Cal Poly is back for more this year in the Alerus. These games are always close and always entertaining. They are a team that we all are very familiar with and their offense is a very interesting matchup with our defense. Their QB is Snoop Doggs nephew and is very good at orchestrating the option.

They score 32.5 points/game vs allowing 18points/game

They run for 324 yards/game and pass for 84.5 yards/game

Leading rusher Deonte Williams 148 yards/game 1TD long of 74

QB Andre Broadous has passed for 169 yards and 3 TDs at 61%

This game should be a good one, Poly is our top rival in the Big Sky as of now. The Alerus should be packed.

Prediction (as of now): PAIN

Officially, Poly leads the BSC in total defense and pass efficiency defense. UND is #3 nationally (1st BSC) in total offense; is #3 in the nation in scoring offense (1st BSC), and #1 nationally in passing efficiency.

On the flip side, Poly leads the BSC in Rushing Offense, and for obvious reasons, sacks allowed.

The UND defensive numbers are downright offensive so there's no use posting them.