SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Wait I thought bohl and Taylor have a history of giving their kids a day in court???

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/402643/

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 5m

#NDSU HC Craig Bohl has issued a statement regarding Travis Beck; saying he is indefinitely suspended

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 4m

Bohl Pt 2: and as an athlete will be suspended indefinitely from team activities Bison football has a zero tolerance for acts of violence.

He's toast. I really don't care about the minors....but aggravated assault...unacceptable.

Not so fast here. When the NDSU football team was involved in the last crime against all of North Dakota tax payers, didn't Bohl and Taylor dismiss it as "at least it's not a rape or drug crime". So, while you say this is unacceptable, it might be fine with the NDSU administration. Now, if someone had died as a result of this aggravated assault, then they might have considered adding a 3rd item to the unacceptable list, but we don't know that yet.

Not so fast here. When the NDSU football team was involved in the last crime against all of North Dakota tax payers, didn't Bohl and Taylor dismiss it as "at least it's not a rape or drug crime". So, while you say this is unacceptable, it might be fine with the NDSU administration. Now, if someone had died as a result of this aggravated assault, then they might have considered adding a 3rd item to the unacceptable list, but we don't know that yet.

I believe they said the voter stuff was different from crimes of violent, drug-related, or sexual nature.

What a loser. Hope the guy is ok.

No way is this ok....not even if the hospitalized individual made a comment about one of be me parents.

So how does UND get blamed for this...I know the other guy was a UND fan and started the fight.

Difference between voter stuff and voter fraud! And yes they basically said voter fraud wasn't that big of a deal.

Someone is still sour grapes about it. Pardon me for using the wrong word. It'd be best if you'd get over it. Rick just implied that Bohl and Taylor don't have a policy on violence when I believe that they do. If Mr. Beck did what he is being accused of doing, I imagine he has played his last down as a Bison.

I believe they said the voter stuff was different from crimes of violent, drug-related, or sexual nature.

Oh OK. It's getting hard to keep the quotes straight.

Does anyone know what might fall under these three categories? And, if the crime is committed during the football season does Bohl and Taylor have the option to "let the young men have their day in court before we take action"?

NDSU has handed out its punishment for Travis Beck and he will be suspended for all games in June and July for the 2013 season! :D

Now that's the kind of hard-line step one needs to take to clean up a football program! Good for them!!!

;)

• Upvote 1

Someone is still sour grapes about it. Pardon me for using the wrong word. It'd be best if you'd get over it. Rick just implied that Bohl and Taylor don't have a policy on violence when I believe that they do. If Mr. Beck did what he is being accused of doing, I imagine he has played his last down as a Bison.

Tell you what Johnny boy.....

Ill get over it when the bison players that tainted our right to vote for issues on the ballot volunteer their time to make an effort to put those issues back on the ballot. Not going to hold my breath on that one!

Ill get over it when the bison players that tainted our right to vote for issues on the ballot volunteer their time to make an effort to put those issues back on the ballot. Not going to hold my breath on that one!

They did make an effort they did service for the community...well most of them did. ;)

Yeah.....sorry bro but thats not going to happen. They got better things to worry about.

Feigning concern on this board over those two measures has run it's course and fallen out of favor IMO. Old news.

If it turns out he is guilty of these allegations, I would be in favor of removing him from the team.

A bar fight can happen to a lot of people, but self control is needed. These young men are highly trained and very strong, they need to understand the potential they have to SERIOUSLY hurt or kill someone when they get into brawls.

Hope they guy turns out to be fine.

Feigning concern on this board over those two measures has run it's course and fallen out of favor IMO. Old news.

If it turns out he is guilty of these allegations, I would be in favor of removing him from the team.

A bar fight can happen to a lot of people, but self control is needed. These young men are highly trained and very strong, they need to understand the potential they have to SERIOUSLY hurt or kill someone when they get into brawls.

Hope they guy turns out to be fine.

They said it was the 600 block of NP Ave, what bars are at Broadway and NP?

Sports bar, Fort Knox, Ob sportszone.

The Fargo PD did put camaras downtown so maybe something was caught on tape. We need to get the evidence out there and then throw the book at him or say it was self defense.

The Fargo PD did put camaras downtown so maybe something was caught on tape. We need to get the evidence out there and then throw the book at him or say it was self defense.

Yeah, that's a common place for fights to happen in my experience. Hopefully for all parties the incident was caught on tape. A lot of people congregate there as they walk out of those 3 bars. Couple that with some end of the night "beer muscle" and it's a perfect storm for a male appendage length dispute.

Sports bar, Fort Knox, Ob sportszone.

Quite the common area for people to congregate when it is time to catch a cab home. At least thats where we usually agree to meet if some of us head up to Rooter's or something.

NDSU has handed out its punishment for Travis Beck and he will be suspended for all games in June and July for the 2013 season! :D

I predict there will be a press release about the first of August announcing that he is cleared to play. Also a quote from Gene Taylor:" This kid has been through enough."

Interesting turn of events this morning on Heitkamp. He was ripping on Hakstol's salary compared to Bohl. Heitkamp, for whatever reason, has it in for Hakstol. And then his rant stopped cold turkey. I'm guessing something came across the wire regarding Beck and his praise of Bohl would immediately be compromised.