SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Yeah, I worded that poorly. My original response to Darell was in regards to him saying every Bison win from here on out would be laced with mention of this case. No it won't. We might hear a little about it on Sunday after Youngstown just because Ojuri was suspended, but it's not like we're going to see headlines in the Forum "Bison win over Missouri St. in spite of 10 players found guilty of class A misdemeanor. This will go away faster than anybody on Siouxsports thinks.

Your wrong on that. This story will never go away. It is forever going to be a running joke.

Maybe I missed something, I thought Gene Taylor said that they were not going to suspend any of the players after the Colorado State game, and he said Bohl wouldn't either. Did it all of a sudden become politically expedient to do so? They have been all over on this thing from waiting for the justice system to do their thing, to no one would be suspended when asked in an emotionally charged locker room, now to suspending one player who even Bison faithful say is replaceable. In the political season, it is often stated that flip flopping is not leadership, and in the case of Bison football, their appears to be a lack of real decisive leadership.

I think McFeeley said it best: "Thank God we had 4 games to see how good Crockett is so we could make an example of Ojuri."

Interesting choice/timing in suspending Ojuri for his multiple infractions. All of the other players with multiple infractions have not been suspended (Beck, Williams, etc.)

Good point. NDSU just keeps digging their hole deeper. With the emergence of Crockett they can handle losing Ojuri for a game but don't want to lose Williams or Beck. This story has a lot of differnet angles.

Good point. NDSU just keeps digging their hole deeper. With the emergence of Crockett they can handle losing Ojuri for a game but don't want to lose Williams or Beck. This story has a lot of differnet angles.

Beck had minors(big deal, who cares), I don't know about Williams, and Ojuri has a variety of issues including being suspended for a full season. He deserves what he is getting.

Beck had minors(big deal, who cares), I don't know about Williams, and Ojuri has a variety of issues including being suspended for a full season. He deserves what he is getting.

The multiple minors are just the add ons to the main infraction. That is what makes it different. There a lot of players that aren't getting what they deserve. What a mess. But like you said WHO CARES.

... only to rear its head when the Legislature starts back in session. Why?

- and "Carlson's Cadre" will surely use this in their quest to undermine the powers of the ND SBoHE

Book it. Bank it.

I was thinking the same thing with regard to Clueless Al. He got slapped around pretty hard with regard to his efforts to "save" the Sioux moniker vis a vis a legislative takeover of the Board. In the 'su case he could argue that taxpayers are poorly served by a weak Board and puppet administration at 'su. "Not only did their football players usurp North Dakota voter's rights to exercise their freedoms, but the NDSU athletic department did nothing to punish the criminals!"

That's because it follows the mentality of the sub-par university in Fargo. They suppress real open dialogue. It is verboten. Yah.

At the flagship university in Grand Forks, open discussion is encouraged. Did we tell any of the buffalo fans that it was discouraged to talk about the problems of the hockey team and their party? We may question your intentions, but real dialogue is allowed here on Siouxsports.com

Now, go goosestep back in line with your brethren and bury your little pointy heads in sand. There is much ignoring to do on Buffaloville!

I'm sorry, but that comment made me laugh pretty hard this morning sitting at my computer given my history here.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. My original response to Darell was in regards to him saying every Bison win from here on out would be laced with mention of this case. No it won't. We might hear a little about it on Sunday after Youngstown just because Ojuri was suspended, but it's not like we're going to see headlines in the Forum "Bison win over Missouri St. in spite of 10 players found guilty of class A misdemeanor. This will go away faster than anybody on Siouxsports thinks.

You are right....by then new Bison players will be charged with something else.

These folks have all just pled guilty to a class A misdemeanor.

Doesn't that open themselves up to a civil case from the groups that lost money due to the (now admittedly) illegal activities? There are a couple groups out six-figures of dollars. Won't they come after these guys and didn't these guys just make it very easy for those groups to win a civil judgment?

I believe so... I hope they all get sued in civil court.

The multiple minors are just the add ons to the main infraction. That is what makes it different. There a lot of players that aren't getting what they deserve. What a mess. But like you said WHO CARES.

I think we need to be careful with this. This is comical right now, and it's fun to throw one liners around with it, and I certainly hope every coach in the athletic department can make hay with it on the recruiting trail, but there will be a time when UND player f**k up again. Remember the whole hockey team is on double secret probation right now.

What exactly do those players "deserve" at this point, and who is the arbiter of that? The court? The court has spoken, and in their eyes this infraction is literally next to nothing. The AC? Yes, they bungled their PR, but they've acted now as well. Now some sit here and say they "deserve" more? I don't want the responsibility of deciding who "deserves" more punishment after the court and the university has acted. At some point my team will be on the other end of that. I'm willing to let it go.

Maybe I missed something, I thought Gene Taylor said that they were not going to suspend any of the players after the Colorado State game, and he said Bohl wouldn't either.

Gene apologized explained it's because he was emotional after a win against one of the worst FBS teams of the year.

... only to rear its head when the Legislature starts back in session. Why?

- the move to tougher the voter fraud laws from A misdemeanors to C felonies

- the move to re-write and clarify the laws about how signature gatherers can be paid

- and "Carlson's Cadre" will surely use this in their quest to undermine the powers of the ND SBoHE

Book it. Bank it.

The only thing that could possibly directly affect NDSU is #3, and I don't really care. NDSU has been, in some shape or form, the whipping boy of the North Dakota legislature since statehood. There will be a bunch of political grandstanding and hand-wringing, and at the end of the day all of the universities will be funded similar to what they were in the last legislative session and the BoHE will still be around.

After the 1st 4 games, the teams the Bison have played have a combined record of 3-16. You would think they would have nipped this in the butt right away and dealt with suspensions a month ago.