SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Glad to see all the love for Bison football. Through the years we've always counted on Sioux fans to be the judge and jury for the Bison. When there's trouble with UND's flagship program, meaning hockey, we're all over it at bisonville. Not. Came over to see the rumored chatter. Don't tell me that your hockey team is full of good boys. Don't tell me that there's never in-house decisions on how relevant a discipline problem is. But I know that you will, because that's the dynamic of this loving relationship. Sioux hockey is clean. Bison football is not. That's the mindset of a Sioux fan. It's been that way for decades. zzzzzzzzz

You know, when we moved up to DI we received so much love from Sioux fans. It was underwhelming. Even though you had an invitation from us to join us in the move, you tried to paint it as something else. And because of that great degree of love, ya'll have absolutely no credibility on the topic of our problems, which will remain our problems, which will be dealt with by the people that we hire to deal with our problems. Ya'll know nothing about what's going on besides what the media is pushing. You don't care about the Bison players or the program. Never did. Never will. So your opinions are irrelevant.

But keep pretending that your opinions matter, because that's your history too. You've always wanted to have your flagship program, and you've always resented ours, and you've manifested your resentment so beautifully, with cancellations of all athletics, and efforts to be involved in who works at North Dakota State.

I've supported UND in its efforts to keep the Sioux name. I've supported UND hockey through the years. I've been an advocate of having only one DI hockey program in North Dakota. But I don't pretend to know what goes on within the hockey program. I assume that the paid professionals know how to handle the program and its players. I assume that the leadership at UND is the only entity capable of doing so. They get the benefit of my doubt, and I certainly don't trust the media when it tries to get involved in said program.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see all the love for Bison football. Through the years we've always counted on Sioux fans to be the judge and jury for the Bison. When there's trouble with UND's flagship program, meaning hockey, we're all over it at bisonville. Not. Came over to see the rumored chatter. Don't tell me that your hockey team is full of good boys. Don't tell me that there's never in-house decisions on how relevant a discipline problem is. But I know that you will, because that's the dynamic of this loving relationship. Sioux hockey is clean. Bison football is not. That's the mindset of a Sioux fan. It's been that way for decades. zzzzzzzzz

You know, when we moved up to DI we received so much love from Sioux fans. It was underwhelming. Even though you had an invitation from us to join us in the move, you tried to paint it as something else. And because of that great degree of love, ya'll have absolutely no credibility on the topic of our problems, which will remain our problems, which will be dealt with by the people that we hire to deal with our problems. Ya'll know nothing about what's going on besides what the media is pushing. You don't care about the Bison players or the program. Never did. Never will. So your opinions are irrelevant.

But keep pretending that your opinions matter, because that's your history too. You've always wanted to have your flagship program, and you've always resented ours, and you've manifested your resentment so beautifully, with cancellations of all athletics, and efforts to be involved in who works at North Dakota State.

I've supported UND in its efforts to keep the Sioux name. I've supported UND hockey through the years. I've been an advocate of having only one DI hockey program in North Dakota. But I don't pretend to know what goes on within the hockey program. I assume that the paid professionals know how to handle the program and its players. I assume that the leadership at UND is the only entity capable of doing so. They get the benefit of my doubt, and I certainly don't trust the media when it tries to get involved in said program.

Aside from a number of strawman arguments, what's your point?

Don't tell us that this doesn't affect us when it does. This petition fraud is a big deal and a lot of groups (that I support) lost out on a lot of money.

Ok....So how many strikes does a starting RB get at NDSU?

Ok....So how many strikes does a starting RB get at NDSU?

Obviously more than this:

09-2011-TR-04792
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
06/16/2011
-- Cass County

Administrative Traffic E-Citation
Closed
Vehicle W/ Tinted Or Driver Compartment Window Not To Beused
09-2011-CR-02205
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
06/28/2011
-- Cass County
Irby, John C
City Transfer
Closed
No Drivers License In Possession (City)
09-2011-TR-09500
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
10/10/2011
-- Cass County

Closed
Violation Of Registration Provision - Moving Violation
09-2011-TR-09501
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
10/10/2011
-- Cass County

Closed
Vehicle W/ Tinted Or Driver Compartment Window Not To Beused
09-2011-TR-09502
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
10/10/2011
-- Cass County

Closed
Operator Failed To Wear Seat Belt
09-2012-CR-02465
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
06/06/2012
-- Cass County
McCullough, Steven E
City Transfer
Open
Driving Under Susp/Rev
09-2012-CR-02592
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
07/16/2012
-- Cass County
Herman, Douglas
City Transfer
Open
Driving Under Susp/Rev
09-2012-CR-03237  
OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI
09/07/2012
-- Cass County
Herman, Douglas
Misdemeanor
Inactive
Election Offense

Obviously more than this:

Case Number Citation Number Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status Charge(s) 09-2011-TR-04792

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

06/16/2011

-- Cass County

Closed

Vehicle W/ Tinted Or Driver Compartment Window Not To Beused 09-2011-CR-02205

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

06/28/2011

-- Cass County

Irby, John C

City Transfer

Closed

No Drivers License In Possession (City) 09-2011-TR-09500

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

10/10/2011

-- Cass County

Closed

Violation Of Registration Provision - Moving Violation 09-2011-TR-09501

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

10/10/2011

-- Cass County

Closed

Vehicle W/ Tinted Or Driver Compartment Window Not To Beused 09-2011-TR-09502

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

10/10/2011

-- Cass County

Closed

Operator Failed To Wear Seat Belt 09-2012-CR-02465

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

06/06/2012

-- Cass County

McCullough, Steven E

City Transfer

Open

Driving Under Susp/Rev 09-2012-CR-02592

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

07/16/2012

-- Cass County

Herman, Douglas

City Transfer

Open

Driving Under Susp/Rev 09-2012-CR-03237

OJURI, SAMUEL OLATUNJI

09/07/2012

-- Cass County

Herman, Douglas

Misdemeanor

Inactive

Election Offense

Thats just the ones that are public knowledge. Put it this way, he was not suspended a year for driving offenses.

Thanks for the lecture Skippy...

Have you been on Bisonville? There are hundreds of threads all about UND, and Grand Forks. They bash UND every day there is no love on either side. We hate them, and they hate us. The whole Danny Kristo frozen foot incident was all over Bisonville. Yes UND athletics isn't clean as a whistle but we are nowhere near the level NDSU is at.

• Upvote 1

Have you been on Bisonville? There are hundreds of threads all about UND, and Grand Forks. They bash UND every day there is no love on either side. We hate them, and they hate us. The whole Danny Kristo frozen foot incident was all over Bisonville. Yes UND athletics isn't clean as a whistle but we are nowhere near the level NDSU is at.

Typical response from a Sioux fan. We're clean, and they're not.

I'm telling you that your motivation is not exactly pristine.

I see. Yet, the football players that had files charged against them are as pure as the driven snow?

If NDSU keeps going down the road, they'll be shipping off their championship banners back to the NCAA. I hope when the NCAA receives them, they don't confuse UND with NDSU again...

Motivation is the problem with Sioux opinions about North Dakota State. Resentment is your game.

Yeah, we resent having 7 division I national championship banners hanging in our rafters. (At the highest level of competition..not an FCS level)

Yeah, it it just killing us! :silly:

• Upvote 1

I'm telling you that your motivation is not exactly pristine.

It's sad to watch you try and explain what these guys did was "no big deal". Yes, our University has its faults but our Coaches/AD and President are not running to the media and telling them that "these boys have had their feelings hurt long enough and they will not be punished". Not only is this a huge black eye for NDSU but it puts a black eye on North Dakotas educational system.

• Upvote 1

It is possible that they could plead to a lesser offense, although that is less likely since they all seem to have admitted to the crime to investigators. Those admissions should help them with sentencing, getting them less than the max penalties. But charges are often reduced in plea deals. The school should deal with what actually happened in the case, not what kind of deal the lawyers can work out. The players committed a crime, and yet Gene Taylor has now proclaimed that they will not be suspended.

That's where you are wrong, the school will deal with the specific legal results . . . not message board speculation or media article suggestions about what might have happened. I suppose you think that Montana should assume that JJ is a convicted rapist? That is what you are suggesting here, you are assuming that they have been convicted of a Class A Mis, and they have not . . .they have been charged only.

In JJ's case, you remove him from the team pending the legal actions, but he is not a convicted rapist. In the bison situation, the charges are significnantly less serious, and you could argue that punishment should wait until the legal process has played out. But, you don't punish at the level of charges, you would open yourself up to potenial legal action on the other side of the issue. Charges vs. conviction . . . big difference.

It's sad to watch you try and explain what these guys did was "no big deal". Yes, our University has its faults but our Coaches/AD and President are not running to the media and telling them that "these boys have had their feelings hurt long enough and they will not be punished". Not only is this a huge black eye for NDSU but it puts a black eye on North Dakotas educational system.

It's time for me to leave this hallowed blog. All of the responses are Sioux-like. Decades upon decades of the same chatter, whether it be online or word of mouth. I had to come here to test the waters to see if it was still around. Ya'll can't see how tainted your motivations are. I've seen enough. Bye