SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Just say no to bville Darell! In all seriousness I think this class turned out much better than any of us could have imagined a month ago. Time will tell how good this class really is and bison dan is probably the least credible source out there so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

I only brought up Dan cause he posts on here quite a bit. You hit a good point we only had a month to get the recruiting trail back online and ready to go (I know there was a little recruiting going on during the coaching hire process), but they really hit it hard in a very short time. Lots of credit to those guys.

I haven't seen this much excitement in Sioux Football in a long time and for me this is what its all about...The coaches have a belief and this belief is spreading to the players and to the fans...this is how good things start!

BobIwabuchiFan

There was excitement to start the 2013 season, with 7 home games, and hope that the defense was better got people going...boy what a let down. I have that excitement back with Bubba and company with their attitude, and now with the recruits they got. They see the weakness in the team and got the players to address that weakness.

How would you guys grade this years recruits? I think UND got the people they needed in positions to move us forward. I know they weren't just "bodies to fill" as Bison Dan said on Bisonville. Now with Signing Day over...let the season begin!

I think warm bodies is right to a certain extent but I also think there are a handful of kids that are going to be difference makers very early in their careers at UND. I wasn't expecting anywhere near this number of high school recruits and that makes me wonder if there are guys that we signed that Bubba won't necessarily be interested in in the future. That being said, I like the makeup of the class from a geographical standpoint and I think some of the less-heralded guys from this class are going to stick around for the long haul and be contributors later in their careers especially when it looks like the class ahead of them is going to excel from a leadership and team-first standpoint.

I think warm bodies is right to a certain extent but I also think there are a handful of kids that are going to be difference makers very early in their careers at UND. I wasn't expecting anywhere near this number of high school recruits and that makes me wonder if there are guys that we signed that Bubba won't necessarily be interested in in the future. That being said, I like the makeup of the class from a geographical standpoint and I think some of the less-heralded guys from this class are going to stick around for the long haul and be contributors later in their careers especially when it looks like the class ahead of them is going to excel from a leadership and team-first standpoint.

Lots of kids from MN, and WI...nice to see that!!

I only brought up Dan cause he posts on here quite a bit. You hit a good point we only had a month to get the recruiting trail back online and ready to go (I know there was a little recruiting going on during the coaching hire process), but they really hit it hard in a very short time. Lots of credit to those guys.

A month ago I wasn't sure we could get 20 guys to sign...including PWO's. I am very happy with Bubba and his crews progress.

I wonder if it has more to do with Bubba being a household name in this area of the country.

I think Bubba nailed it when he said they were recruiting without a GPS. Bubba, Schmidt, and Rudolph know North Dakota and northern Minnesota like the backs of their hand. Kostich is obviously familiar with the Twin Cities and Freund knows Wisconsin and had already built relationships with guys there. On top of that I think Bubba's message is an easy one to sell. He sounded incredibly sincere in his press conference yesterday and if he really did find guys to fit his vision in this class we're going to be in very good shape.

I think Bubba nailed it when he said they were recruiting without a GPS. Bubba, Schmidt, and Rudolph know North Dakota and northern Minnesota like the backs of their hand. Kostich is obviously familiar with the Twin Cities and Freund knows Wisconsin and had already built relationships with guys there. On top of that I think Bubba's message is an easy one to sell. He sounded incredibly sincere in his press conference yesterday and if he really did find guys to fit his vision in this class we're going to be in very good shape.

My niece is assistant superintendant of schools at Minot and she told me Randy Hedberg visited Jacob Holmen three times, so FU obviously wanted him badly. It is very encouraging to win these local battles

Coaches did a great job in one month. This looks like solid class. Now they need to add a couple who may have been passed over by FBS and coach 'em up. Great job with the coverage. This class has some kids with great potential. Curious as to what happened to Kellum. He could have run track here and we will have great indoor facility.

What did Herzog end up doing?

Maybe Alex Malzone was one of them......

http://www.freep.com/article/20131016/SPORTS06/310160021/michigan-football-alex-malzone-brother-rice

“I have offers from Western (Michigan), Toledo, Old Dominion, and Bowling Green,” Malzone said. “A lot of coaches keep saying they want to see me throw live. They’re very impressed with my tape. I’m talking to a lot of Big Ten schools and a lot of them seem very interested. Indiana and Maryland, then Pittsburgh, too. Vanderbilt, Tennessee and some other schools.”

Meh, not impressed...... ;)

Really looking forward to seeing how this season pans out. Do I think they will win the Big Sky? Of course not, but I want to seem them compete, and not get blown out, like they did in a few games this year. I really hope the coaching will prevail, and help improve the players that we already have, in addition to the new players. I was never a Muss fan, and I'm glad we have a coach that can light a bit of a fire under these guy.

Is it football season yet?

• Upvote 3