SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Half of the kids that sign next Wednesday will never see the field. It's a total crap shoot. No one really knows have they will pan out. I still say its more what you do with developing the athletes once you get them on campus than what they did in high school. That starts with Jim Kramer at NDSU. NDSU hasn't recruited the best athletes in FCS the last 4 years, but they have had the best football team. Marcus Collins finished high school early and is enrolled at NDSU and started winter workouts with the team. He just tweeted it has only been 2 weeks and his shirts are already too small. Not sure anyone is better than Kramer and NDSU is really lucky to still have him. Bohl really wanted him at Wyoming, but his family ties to Fargo kept him here. UND should be investing in a good strength coach.

Thanks for the documentary on FU strength.

NDSU fans, we get it. Your team is better than ours right now. But if you guys think your going to be on top forever and always your gonna be sorely disappointed. Football, at every level, goes in cycles. I'm sure Notre Dame, Michigan, USC ect. all have had the exact same mindset that many of you have right now and look where they are now. Things will change, things will change back, then they will change again. Its the nature of the sport.

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

But NDSU football is the State of North Dakota's team. Just ask the Bismarck Tribune..............even though it was just a couple of years ago posters here said with UND in the Big Sky, Western ND would forget about NDSU and be solely UND territory.

I am glad that you are not implying that I am a racist. The original post that we are discussing did.

Agree that my statement wasn't literally accurate. Also agree that the young man was making a very important decision, probably one he should have used spellcheck with.

As far as slander, since I have never been physically in presence of the young man it would be difficult to make a slanderous statement about him. I believe you were looking for libel, not slander. He could have a libel claim against me if he could prove that my written words caused him to lose a scholarship. I don't think that is happening and just to be clear, Bubba please don't take the offer away from this young man because I wrote that it seems like he is a thug.

Slander

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

"he is suing the TV network for slander"

defamation (of character), character assassination, calumny, libel;

I meant slander.

My only question is how good is Ezra? We are making quite the deal about this and I just really don't know anything about him other than he has offers from NDSU and UNI.

I think he's a very good player but I think a lot of it is positioning. His mom is on twitter trying to hype him like Lebron calling for #decision Tuesday. We are still his only full ride offer. I'm cautiously optimistic. If he was so good be would have gotten a full ride like the kid they signed a week earlier

Slander

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

"he is suing the TV network for slander"

defamation (of character), character assassination, calumny, libel;

I meant slander.

I am sure you did.

Did I speak anything about him? NO...the words were written, which is libel. Slander is an oral utterance. Nice try though.

Did I speak anything about him? NO...the words were written, which is libel. Slander is an oral utterance. Nice try though.

No one agrees with you, move on. This is a recruiting thread....choose your words more clearly next time or better yet just don't speak them if they involve the term thug.

Half of the kids that sign next Wednesday will never see the field. It's a total crap shoot. No one really knows have they will pan out. I still say its more what you do with developing the athletes once you get them on campus than what they did in high school. That starts with Jim Kramer at NDSU. NDSU hasn't recruited the best athletes in FCS the last 4 years, but they have had the best football team. Marcus Collins finished high school early and is enrolled at NDSU and started winter workouts with the team. He just tweeted it has only been 2 weeks and his shirts are already too small. Not sure anyone is better than Kramer and NDSU is really lucky to still have him. Bohl really wanted him at Wyoming, but his family ties to Fargo kept him here. UND should be investing in a good strength coach.

I hope you realize that every team has a strength coach and all of them think their guy is the best. It's hard to imagine that there are many secrets that aren't well known in the industry.

No one agrees with you, move on. This is a recruiting thread....choose your words more clearly next time or better yet just don't speak them if they involve the term thug.

The issue at hand now is that I didn't speak them, I wrote them. I agree that it is a recruiting thread,that I did not care about until my name was posted and it was implied that I was a racist.

The issue at hand now is that I didn't speak them, I wrote them. I agree that it is a recruiting thread,that I did not care about until my name was posted and it was implied that I was a racist.

It doesn't matter if you spoke or wrote them, it sounded bad. You used the term thug to a high school recruit you hhave never met. It was a poor choice of words and obviously made you look bad. We all make mistakes now move on.

Not racist. Just awful. He's a high school football recruit. 18 years old, maybe. I'm sure you were golden at that age. Think before you tweet. Let's move on.

But NDSU football is the State of North Dakota's team. Just ask the Bismarck Tribune..............even though it was just a couple of years ago posters here said with UND in the Big Sky, Western ND would forget about NDSU and be solely UND territory.

There are more UND fans in western ND than NDSU fans. I've lived in the western part of the state for twenty some years. I see it everyday. Farmers and NDSU grads are NDSU fans. Usually, the small more rural towns are NDSU supporters and the people in the bigger cities and UND grads are UND supporters. Just because people support a North Dakota team in a national championship game doesn't automatically make them NDSU fans.

Just to throw it in there. NDSU might be the state of North Dakota's team at the moment but UND is, and forever will be, the flagship school in the state. Its ok though, second best in everything except football isn't bad. Is it?

There is more to supporting a school than paying attention to a football during a playoff run

It doesn't matter if you spoke or wrote them, it sounded bad. You used the term thug to a high school recruit you hhave never met. It was a poor choice of words and obviously made you look bad. We all make mistakes now move on.

It actually does matter for the purposes of my discussion with the other person over libel/slander.

I agree that maybe I should have said "he seems ignorant and represents himself poorly using incendiary language" I never used the term to him.

It didn't make me look bad until UNDBIZ used my real name, implied that I am a racist, and asked people to ridicule me. This message board made it personal.

Your name has now been removed too. Your Twitter handle will remain to serve as a lesson regarding idiotic tweets. You can go away now and let this thread return to what it is supposed to be. Also, you don't think it was personal to the high schooler you called a thug. That tells me all I need to know.

Let's just stick defamation and character assassination. Does everyone who talks/writes in an urban manor seem like a thug to you?

I have deleted the thug statement from Twitter. Happy? What is an urban manner? Note that a manor is a home, but we have already established that you struggle with the language.

It actually does matter for the purposes of my discussion with the other person over libel/slander.

I agree that maybe I should have said "he seems ignorant and represents himself poorly using incendiary language" I never used the term to him.

It didn't make me look bad until UNDBIZ used my real name, implied that I am a racist, and asked people to ridicule me. This message board made it personal.

How bout you just think before speaking or typing, sometimes people forget that everyone can see what you put online. The fact that you were concerned about your name out here and not about what you typed do concern me though. You might want to represent your University in a more appropriate fashion in the future and treat everyone with the respect they deserve, and not be concerned about hiding behind a username.