SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

In practice and all other instances. Because I practiced, played, watched film with them I had a pretty good idea what was going on. The spot was handed to a transfer from a d1 school, but he hurt himself lifting on testing day (the one day a year he actually lifted) giving the other guy a chance. This guy IMO ended up being the most consistent OL man on a very, very good oline at UND. I think he graded out the best of all starters in over half the games and this group had several professional football players in it.

And why didn't he play professionally like the others?

Did we even offer him? I didn't see his name on the wiki list.

Not sure about that, but he's been on various wish lists for local talent.

The article says he'e being projected at WR or Safety. I sure would have liked to have seen him in the UND secondary.

I watched him play very fluid athlete, but there is no way he plays defense unless he learns to like contact. Shied away from it the whole game I watched,(many comments from others in the crowd about that) and he didn't seem to be that fast. But that could be because he is a very smooth runner.

Good for the kid, hope he helps ac to the middle of the pack his whole career.

I watched him play very fluid athlete, but there is no way he plays defense unless he learns to like contact. Shied away from it the whole game I watched,(many comments from others in the crowd about that) and he didn't seem to be that fast. But that could be because he is a very smooth runner.

Good for the kid, hope he helps ac to the middle of the pack his whole career.

He will be a blocking WR for them. Can't see him playing defense.

A "blocking receiver"? You have got to be kidding! Who comes up with this stuff?!

Have you watched their offense over the years? This year they pass more to WR's but typically they have not based on their ability to run all over everyone.

Would that be his position title? No.

A entire offense is not based on a receiver being able to block. I would hope that a coach would not only be able to bring in receivers that can block and catch, but also be able to teach them to be better blockers. I couldn't possibly imagine a coach wanting a WR purely for his ability to block or catch. He needs to be able to run great routes, sell pass action run, block down field and of course catch the ball. There is no room on a football team for a specialized WR.

A entire offense is not based on a receiver being able to block. I would hope that a coach would not only be able to bring in receivers that can block and catch, but also be able to teach them to be better blockers. I couldn't possibly imagine a coach wanting a WR purely for his ability to block or catch. He needs to be able to run great routes, sell pass action run, block down field and of course catch the ball. There is no room on a football team for a specialized WR.

(Facepalm). Thanks for the explanation, nobody here knew any of that.

It was my little, tiny, half-joking opinion at what I think he will end up doing at the AC - Playing WR, which means you end up blocking the majority of the time.

That is not true either. Thus far in 2013 they have rushed for 2800 yards with 22 rushing TD's. They have also passed for 2200 yards with 27 passing TD's. Looks like a pretty balanced attack to me.

Which is why I said this year is different, based on having 48 seniors and dominating in every phase of the game. Go re-read some stuff. It was a f'king half-hearted joke but you know more than most people about most things.

Which is why I said this year is different, based on having 48 seniors and dominating in every phase of the game. Go re-read some stuff. It was a f'king half-hearted joke but you know more than most people about most things.

No, let me apologize for my comments. Going forward I will try to only read the message board without commenting. Sorry if I offended you are anyone reading with my opinions/comments. I will delete my account to avoid this in the future.

And why didn't he play professionally like the others?

He didn't have some of the physical tools several others had, what I said was he graded out better. Which means he was assignment sharp and successfully did his job the best more often than the others. The guy slotted to start ahead of him sat a year with the injury and didn't ever end up starting.

He didn't have some of the physical tools several others had, what I said was he graded out better. Which means he was assignment sharp and successfully did his job the best more often than the others. The guy slotted to start ahead of him sat a year with the injury and didn't ever end up starting.

Sounds kinda like Bragleman but could be somebody else.