SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Do you honestly believe that? I personally know a D-III and a D-II coach and both of them recruit relentlessly.Yes, even the mighty Bison recruit, but they just do it better than most in this area. Do you really think they say "come here if you want to win" and kids just show up?

This worked for John Gagliardi at St. John's in Minnesota, but I don't think it would work anywhere else.

This worked for John Gagliardi at St. John's in Minnesota, but I don't think it would work anywhere else.

Oh really?! So he could call kids up and say "forget about that full ride at U of M and Nebraska, come to St. John's if you want to win". That is not even close to reality, but if that is what you want to believe, enjoy fantasy land.

I was in a bar this afternoon that had on the NDSU/USD game and what is scarey is the announcers said NDSU doesn't recruit, they just pick who they want.

Things may not be quite that simple for them, but if it's even close to being true, we are in for a long fight before we ever even approach their level. Hopefully it was just homer announcers, otherswise I think Mussman really dug a deep hole for us.

bull$%!#. You think Bohl flies all over the place for fun? He recruits his ass off. If they chose who they wanted they would have Mollberg Stockwell Edwards and many others on their team. It's the mighty myth of the mighty byzun. They are very good right now but c'mon you're going to believe everything those homers say?

• Upvote 1

First it was no one respected Mussman on the team. And now the players would run through a wall for him?

Of course, because no one on a message board actually has a clue as to what is going on in the locker room. In spite of what they think or might tell you.

I would disagree with this statement. Most players are constantly working to keep or gain a starting spot. In college football they don't care if you are on scholarship or not, best player will play, regardless of age. I also disagree that there will be "lots of work to rebuild". If the new staff knows what they are doing, we could be above .500 next season and playoff bound the following year. Although I do not believe that Muss and his staff did a great job recruiting, I do believe that they did well enough to be competitive.

Generally I agree but I do know of some specific instances when the best player only got a chance due to another players injury.

bull$%!#. You think Bohl flies all over the place for fun? He recruits his ass off. If they chose who they wanted they would have Mollberg Stockwell Edwards and many others on their team. It's the mighty myth of the mighty byzun. They are very good right now but c'mon you're going to believe everything those homers say?

Pretty sure it was Timmerman who said it and he is far from an NDSU homer.

Generally I agree but I do know of some specific instances when the best player only got a chance due to another players injury.

Best player in who's opinion? Is the "best player" working hard in practice, meetings or the classroom. There are many variables as to why players don't get on the field as much as some think they should. Usually it is because they aren't as good as the guy that is on the field.

Best player in who's opinion? Is the "best player" working hard in practice, meetings or the classroom. There are many variables as to why players don't get on the field as much as some think they should. Usually it is because they aren't as good as the guy that is on the field.

I know for a fact PJ Sparks has a great work ethic. He's a weight room junkie.

I know for a fact PJ Sparks has a great work ethic. He's a weight room junkie.

I won't argue this, but there is probably reason for lack of reps. Knowing your assignments is another reason that coaches have a tough time putting someone on the field (stepping the wrong way in pass pro, running the wrong route, not picking up a blitz ect). I personally have never run across a coach at any level that would keep a better player off the field unless he had a good reason to do so.

I won't argue this, but there is probably reason for lack of reps. Knowing your assignments is another reason that coaches have a tough time putting someone on the field (stepping the wrong way in pass pro, running the wrong route, not picking up a blitz ect). I personally have never run across a coach at any level that would keep a better player off the field unless he had a good reason to do so.

They loved them some Jake Miller though. As they say, true love is blind. Hopefully the new coach had no heart when it comes to personnel.

Oh really?! So he could call kids up and say "forget about that full ride at U of M and Nebraska, come to St. John's if you want to win". That is not even close to reality, but if that is what you want to believe, enjoy fantasy land.

That is not what I meant and you know it. And if I have to explain it to you, it's not worth the effort.

You stated that was the case for St. John's, so how else is one to take it? There is not 1 university in the country that doesn't have to work their butt off to bring in athletes. Making any argument to the contrary is purely blind.

You were the one comparing a Division III school to FBS programs. I did no such thing.

Blah Blah Blah NDSU doesn't recruit. That's BS. Even Alabama recruits. So let's squash that.

As far as our recruiting goes, we need a new staff asap. Official visits are starting soon and many schools are already scheduling them for their top recruits.

We'll if Faison is raiding SIU coaches the GF media should find out and see if they have applied. Season is over for them.