SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Roger Thomas, Dale Lennon.

Joe Glenn

Don Morton, Earle Solomonson, Rocky Hager, Craig Bohl

What's missing? The names of their recruiting coordinators. That's because every recruiting class is considered the head coach's recruits.

By the public? People get a reputation for being great recruiting coordinators and they aren't head coaches ex. being Brewster.

Take it for what it is worth but apparently the older players on the team are absolutely pissed about the coaching change and have already sent their tapes to other coaches around the country. This is just what I have heard and do not know how reliable it actually is but just found it interesting because many of you believed that few if any would actually transfer because of this.

Take it for what it is worth but apparently the older players on the team are absolutely pissed about the coaching change and have already sent their tapes to other coaches around the country. This is just what I have heard and do not know how reliable it actually is but just found it interesting because many of you believed that few if any would actually transfer because of this.

Highly doubt it. If they are "older" that means they already used up 2 or 3 of their FIVE years they get. That means they would have 1 maybe 2 years left after they sit out the mandatory year. I guess they could go D2 and play right away.

I don't believe it at all. I think some freshman and second year guys may quit/transfer but not older players.

Highly doubt it. If they are "older" that means they already used up 2 or 3 of their FIVE years they get. That means they would have 1 maybe 2 years left after they sit out the mandatory year. I guess they could go D2 and play right away.

I don't believe it at all. I think some freshman and second year guys may quit/transfer but not older players.

Fair enough. This is just what I heard and I questioned it too but hey whatever.

He was the recruiting coordinator for the last two classes so I'd say he's done ok.

You certainly have been hyping the last two recruiting classes - not saying you're wrong, but I then expect a foundation of young studs for the next coach to build on.

They should be pissed at themselves. If they want to leave, the door will always be open. The only players that should stay are those who are committed to staying here and putting in the work to fix things.

• Upvote 1

I would disagree with this statement. Most players are constantly working to keep or gain a starting spot. In college football they don't care if you are on scholarship or not, best player will play, regardless of age. I also disagree that there will be "lots of work to rebuild". If the new staff knows what they are doing, we could be above .500 next season and playoff bound the following year. Although I do not believe that Muss and his staff did a great job recruiting, I do believe that they did well enough to be competitive.

I was in a bar this afternoon that had on the NDSU/USD game and what is scarey is the announcers said NDSU doesn't recruit, they just pick who they want.

Things may not be quite that simple for them, but if it's even close to being true, we are in for a long fight before we ever even approach their level. Hopefully it was just homer announcers, otherswise I think Mussman really dug a deep hole for us.