SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

There are many instances in college football where bad teams make coaching changes and the very next year the team improves by a few wins. It's all about culture change, which includes discipline and motivation.

That is correct. Get rid of the deadwood on the roster and establish new standards, goals and expectations and you'll see a much better product on the field sooner rather than later. The "signature wins" might take some time to get, but I am willing to wait for those. Changing the culture is the first step.

The recruits that I would like to see us get:

RB - Raymonte Maynard QB - Connor Wilkie

OL - Adam Stiner, Jack Vasko, Landon Carney

DL - Preston Woods, Drew Greely

LB - Malik Bondon, Blake Weber

DB - Tim Gordon, Mike Warner

WR - Deion Harris, Chris Larson

Athletes - Jamien Hampton, Will Daniels

I could be missing someone, but from what I have seen statistically and on film, this would be a good group.

no effect, the only deterrent for recruits is bad attitudes on message boards

While I don't disagree that negative message boards don't help efforts to land potential recruits. However, are you saying that getting our butts kicked this often and there being a question about the current coaching staff being in place next year doesn't have a bearing on a talented kid who may consider making a commitment in the near future? It don't foresee any recruit (unless no one else is talking to them) verballing to UND until they know the coaching situation for next season. Therefore, I don't see any commitments prior to the end of the season. Not a good situation!!!!

While I don't disagree that negative message boards don't help efforts to land potential recruits. However, are you saying that getting our butts kicked this often and there being a question about the current coaching staff being in place next year doesn't have a bearing on a talented kid who may consider making a commitment in the near future? It don't foresee any recruit (unless no one else is talking to them) verballing to UND until they know the coaching situation for next season. Therefore, I don't see any commitments prior to the end of the season. Not a good situation!!!!

I think he was being sarcastic with the negative message board comment. He should have used the :silly: at the end of it.

I was being facetious. I should have noted it.

• Upvote 1

it's going to take a new coach at least three or four recruiting class to turn this program around.

That shouldn't be the case. our last two recruiting classes have talent, and if we can pick up some d backs and linemen, we should be in reasonable shape. Don't forget that a new coach might bring some recruits with him that we wouldn't have otherwise had a chance at.

Looks like a solid player. He's got some serious hops. That means he can get faster with weight training. So we've got a wr which we obviously kick ass at recruiting now let's go get some defenders and a rb and a qb or two.

Please get some linemen on both sides of the ball - don't know if I can watch us get rolled much more.

The recruits that I would like to see us get:

RB - Raymonte Maynard QB - Connor Wilkie

OL - Adam Stiner, Jack Vasko, Landon Carney

DL - Preston Woods, Drew Greely

LB - Malik Bondon, Blake Weber

DB - Tim Gordon, Mike Warner

WR - Deion Harris, Chris Larson

Athletes - Jamien Hampton, Will Daniels

I could be missing someone, but from what I have seen statistically and on film, this would be a good group.

Should also take a long look at Nick Leach. He led the conference in rushing as a Junior and was average over 200yards a game this year at 11 yards per carry. He tore his ACL but expects full recovery. University of Minnesota wants him as a preferred walk on. Take a look at his highlights on hudl

... now let's go get some defenders and a rb and a qb or two.

Bullcrap.

Bull. Crap.

Bull-freakin'-crap.

Linemen.

Line. Men.

Big. Mean. Nasty. Ugly. Surly. Enjoy listening to the wind come out of you and seeing the snot fly out of your nose right before the blood comes out of your nose because they hit you that hard linemen.

On both sides of the ball.

Line. MEN.

Give me a class of 20 recruits that enjoy inflicting their will (and vast quantities of gross pain) onto opponents at the line of scrimmage and you can have all the "hops" you want. Let's see who wins.

Linemen.