SiouxSports.com Forum

GOD I HATE THEM

Fetch

If it is not at the highest level of college athletics, then it is not a true D-1 championship.

It is a faux D-1 championship. It is an accomplishment, but not at the highest level. I don't agree with calling it a D-1 championship and will ridicule it however I wish.

Anyone who actually believes that it is a true D-1 championship won at the highest level of college football lives buffaloville fantasyland.

I am not defending NDSU so much as I am defending the Division 1 Football Championship Subdivision. (FCS).

Anyone that believes in FACTS believes that the FCS Championship is a Division 1 Championship. If people choose not to believe them, it doesn't mean they are right. I will choose to believe in FACTS over opinion. You are in the extreme minority on this one buddy. But you are used to being there, right?

I am not defending NDSU so much as I am defending the Division 1 Football Championship Subdivision. (FCS).

Anyone that believes in FACTS believes that the FCS Championship is a Division 1 Championship. If people choose not to believe them, it doesn't mean they are right. I will choose to believe in FACTS over opinion. You are in the extreme minority on this one buddy. But you are used to being there, right?

But, there is a higher division than D-1 in football. Why?

Because it is NOT the highest level of competition, that's why. So, it isn't the same. It's a faux D-1 championship.

But, there is a higher division than D-1 in football. Why?

Because it is NOT the highest level of competition, that's why. So, it isn't the same. It's a faux D-1 championship.

What is so "faux" about it. Those FCS Championship games actually did get played, and the winners actually did take home a trophy. You find me one person on this board that agrees with you on this and I will give you credit.

OK, I am done with you know. You are a lost cause.

Children, children, this sibling rivalry is getting ridiculous. All I know is that I was proud that a North Dakota school won something that a lot of other colleges wanted and we would be very proud to have done also. It was good PR for our state, lets give them some credit. And plan to beat them soon!! Bring back the Nickel trophy!!!

Children, children, this sibling rivalry is getting ridiculous. All I know is that I was proud that a North Dakota school won something that a lot of other colleges wanted and we would be very proud to have done also. It was good PR for our state, lets give them have some credit. And plan to beat them soon!! Bring back the Nickel trophy!!!

This.^ My God let it go already.

Add this one to the list of "North Dakota doesn't get any respect". I remember when the Final Five printed posters that said North Dakota State University and I was told by hockey fans from outside ND that I should turn the other cheek and that its great that college hockey has sponsors like Red Baron etc....

~I'm betting that the NCAA wouldn't send Alabama's division I championship banner to Auburn....

~North Carolina wouldn't get Duke's.....

~Florida State wouldn't get Florida's.....

It made me chuckle, but its just another strike against an already poorly run collegiate athletics association.

Children, children, this sibling rivalry is getting ridiculous. All I know is that I was proud that a North Dakota school won something that a lot of other colleges wanted and we would be very proud to have done also. It was good PR for our state, lets give them have some credit. And plan to beat them soon!! Bring back the Nickel trophy!!!

YES!

Does 120th place in Division 1 sound better? Yes we play for the same championship, that's why we should be grateful we have an actual Division 1 championship to play for as well.

NDSU was much better than the 120th best team. I believe the Sagarin Ratings (considered to be extremely unbiased I believe) had us somewhere in the 30's, 40's or 50's, I don't remember. Some of the FBS teams are just downright terrible like any level of football.

NDSU was much better than the 120th best team. I believe the Sagarin Ratings (considered to be extremely unbiased I believe) had us somewhere in the 30's, 40's or 50's, I don't remember. Some of the FBS teams are just downright terrible like any level of football.

But, of course, nowhere near the best team in all of D-1 football.

That would be Alabama. Roll, Tide!

NDSU won the equivalent of the D-1 JV Football Championship.

But, of course, nowhere near the best team in all of D-1 football.

That would be Alabama. Roll, Tide!

NDSU won the equivalent of the D-1 JV Football Championship.

You are entitled to that thought process. Did Alabama have to win any playoff games?

P.S. War Eagle

You are entitled to that thought process. Did Alabama have to win any playoff games?

P.S. War Eagle

In the near future, there will be a playoff for the true NCAA football championships of Division 1. The JV teams will still have their lesser tourney.

In the near future, there will be a playoff for the true NCAA football championships of Division 1. The JV teams will still have their lesser tourney.

A 4-team playoff is hardly worthy of being called a playoff when you consider the teams being cut out of the picture. Looking like only four conferences will have an opportunity to win possibly. It would be great for them to have a full playoff. If/when that happens, I'm sure you will see the big FCS teams move up.

Dude..SHUT UP!! Your JV reference is getting annoying. Do you like EVERYONE disagreeing with you?? Seriously!! The FCS is a a legitimate Championship. I don't give an F what you think anymore. You are a iron. I am going to stop responding to your idiotic posts.

• Upvote 2

The thing is...nobody really gives a !@#$ about NCAA DI hockey in the grand scheme of things either. I happen to love it but I know where it sits on the mainstream pecking order.

Dude..SHUT UP!! Your JV reference is getting annoying. Do you like EVERYONE disagreeing with you?? Seriously!! The FCS is a a legitimate Championship. I don't give an F what you think anymore. You are a iron. I am going to stop responding to your idiotic posts.

Oh, that hurts. Coming from somebody that isn't good for their word anyway...

The thing is...nobody really gives a !@#$ about NCAA DI hockey in the grand scheme of things either. I happen to love it but I know where it sits on the mainstream pecking order.

You mean at the highest level of competition in college sports?

Unlike the FCS.

A 4-team playoff is hardly worthy of being called a playoff when you consider the teams being cut out of the picture. Looking like only four conferences will have an opportunity to win possibly. It would be great for them to have a full playoff. If/when that happens, I'm sure you will see the big FCS teams move up.

Really?

Like when the NCAA D-IAA schools started their four team playoff. Which spread to eight. Now at 24?

They all expand. So will the legitimate D-1 Championship tournament for NCAA football. You know, the one that the Big 10 champions will compete in. And the SEC. PAC 12, Big 12, etc...

Kind of like the NCAA D-1 Hockey Championships. With the current WCHA, Big East, CCHA, etc...

You mean at the highest level of competition in college sports?

Unlike the FCS.

DI Rifle is the highest level of collegiate competition. Doesn't mean anyone cares.

Shawn-O makes valid points.

hayduke, of course FCS is not FBS. Two different things. Everyone knows that. Are you also super impressed with those Harvard Rowing Championships? Hasn't Montana St. won some skiing titles? Ask them if they'd want an FCS title or another skiing title.

Shawn-O makes valid points.

hayduke, of course FCS is not FBS. Two different things. Everyone knows that. Are you also super impressed with those Harvard Rowing Championships? Hasn't Montana St. won some skiing titles? Ask them if they'd want an FCS title or another skiing title.

Montana State has never won a skiing championship at the NCAA D-1 level.

But, Denver University has won more of those than their 7 NCAA D-1 hockey championships. All at the absolute highest level. They don't have to swap one for another. All won at the highest level and are legitimate D-1 championships. I'm pretty sure that all of those championship banners made their way to Denver and NOT to Colorado College in Colorado Springs.

Also, the University of Wyoming won it in 1968 and 1985. That, and a D-1 basketball championship way back in the day. That'sthree more legitimate D-1 championships than NDSU! (But, who's counting?)

the point I am trying to make with some of you here is that it doesn't really make sense to call FCS the JV D1. That is kind of a slam on the FCS right? Well, makes no sense ripping it when it is the level of football that we are competing at as well. Obviously our football team will never be as big as Alabama, LSU, heck even a school like Illinios. But in the landscape of college football, that is what we have to compete in. So yes FCS is not the top level. But it is the level of competition that nwe compete at. If and when UND wins an FCS football Championship, I will be thrilled. And deffinitely bragging about it to our friends to the south.

I'm with you on this it is the JV championship. Like if you win the NIT BB tourney are you number one or number 66 or 67th in the country?

The NIT is for those at the same level of competition that did not make the D-1 tournament.

FCS is FCS. FBS is FBS. They are on a different level. Many NDSU fans do not acknowledge that fact. They stubbornly try to group the buffalo in with teams like the Crimson Tide or the Gators. It's not the same.