SiouxSports.com Forum

ND in Hollywood....again

darell1976

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/13387/group/homepage/

GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - North Dakota is referred to as the "worst place place on earth" in the new movie, "The Five-Year Engagement" with Jason Segel and Kevin Hart. "It's just like that song, 'I get knocked down but I get up again,' except in North Dakota, which is the worst place on Earth," Hart says in the clip.

I guess Bison fans especially Lakes says they are saying UND is the worst place on earth. Listen to the clip and make your opinion.

BigBison

user-offline.png Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Join Date Oct 2006 Posts 1,260

icon1.png UND-Wrost Place on Earth

HAHAHA LMAO, in a new movie UND is referred to the worst place on earth. sorry if this was already posted somewhere

Lakesbison

OMG< too funny and too REAL.

absolutely KEVIN HART!

I love how the hometown news in stink forks has the article listed as

"North Dakota, worst place on earth".... hmmm NOOOO HE SAID UND !! University of North Dakota is the worst place on earth.................. NOT the rest of North Dakota.

I got a chuckle out of the clip. I'd imagine he is referring to the state. However....I often times hear announcers refer to UND as North Dakota (not unlike Texas is really UT-A or Alabama is UA-T). Soo..just maybe he is referring to UND ;)

Those Bison fans look like idiots.

Yeah, he says he's going to UND, but he says "North Dakota" is the worst "place" on Earth. I'm pretty sure they used "University of North Dakota" because it works better and is less clunky than saying "North Dakota State University". It's not like anybody outside of the upper midwest would have any reference for University of North Dakota.

So the Bison fans are really making fun of themselves.

• Upvote 1

Oh, and the "joke" is really lame and unfunny. If it was actually clever or funny, it might be easier to laugh it off.

That's a tip for all the filmmakers out there.

I don't think I would consider a state with low crime, a budget surplus, and the lowest unemployment in the country the "worst place on earth,"....but that's just me.

Whats the deal with his shirt? Red shirt with green letters? Anyway I cry everyday that I am stuck in the Twin Cities.

Looks more orange than red. But thats the first thing I noticed was the colors and the words North Dakota. Looks like something they made at a shirt shop in a mall. I wouldn't think they need permission to use an actual UND logo hoodie in a movie since Josh Duhamel used the Fighting Sioux logo in a couple movies of course he wouldn't make fun of his home state.

The writers and producers sent a letter, along with a script, to the university about a year ago, asking for permission to use official UND logos and imagery in the movie (particularly, I assume, for Kevin Hart's sweatshirt), but after reading the script, I guess the university told them "no thank you." UND couldn't tell them they couldn't use the name and not infringe on their creative rights, but they could nix the use of the official copy written imagery. That's about all they could do. Incidentally, the original script that was sent to UND had UND set in Bismarck. Lakes would have gone spastic had they mistakenly placed it in Fargo! :lol:

It's kind of a back-handed compliment that they even considered UND in the first place over other schools in the state, which they've most assuredly never heard of. ;)

It continues to make me shake my head the large number of discussions there seems to be among the su crowd about a school they don't care about.

I notice it always seems to be you and a very select few others who claim NDSU fans don't care about UND. I am quite confident that fans of both schools (excluding hockey only fans at UND) care quite a bit. Though that is a discussion for another thread, I just find it very funny you stick to the same argument when it is clear that both fanbases care quite a bit about what is going on with the other school.

regardless, I went to the movie today(in Grand Forks even! I steal your women as a hobby) and the movie was not bad. A bit long, the North Dakota reference was a bit funny considering why he mentioned it. I'd recommend anyone with a wife who wants to see the movie to probably just suck it up and go. Jason Segal (I Love You Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, How I Met Your Mother) is a funny guy.

• Upvote 1

I notice it always seems to be you and a very select few others who claim NDSU fans don't care about UND. I am quite confident that fans of both schools (excluding hockey only fans at UND) care quite a bit. Though that is a discussion for another thread, I just find it very funny you stick to the same argument when it is clear that both fanbases care quite a bit about what is going on with the other school.

regardless, I went to the movie today(in Grand Forks even! I steal your women as a hobby) and the movie was not bad. A bit long, the North Dakota reference was a bit funny considering why he mentioned it. I'd recommend anyone with a wife who wants to see the movie to probably just suck it up and go. Jason Segal (I Love You Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, How I Met Your Mother) is a funny guy.

cool story, bro.