SiouxSports.com Forum

Senior Day: Utah Valley @ North Dakota

dakotadan

UVU scored the AND-1 to pull ahead by 1 with 7.8 seconds. Mitchel hit a last second shot for the UND win. Utah Valley claimed the shot was off after the buzzer but the refs called it good as they had no way to review it.

Crazy, crazy finish. It is about time that one of these close, crazy games finally goes our way.

UVU 56

UND 57

FINAL!

I get ESPN ScoreCenter game updates sent to my phone. They sent out the final as UVU winning right after the free throw. Woops.

Wow... That was a crazy end to the game. Im glad we were able to pull that one out and beat a very good Utah Valley team.

Im glad it was Mitchell hitting that shot, the senior who just absolutely struggled shooting the ball, manages to put one in to sent the home crowd into a frenzy.

Brekke was pretty steady, getting his 11 points, only got one rebound however.

Allard and Antwi both provided a spark for the team today. Allard helped a lot getting garbage points and offensive boards and Antwi helped by hitting a couple big shots when we needed them. Anderson didn't have his best out there today, but got a couple of nice steals and was somewhat held down by those fouls.

Now... for Mr. Huff, I loved how he started the game. He took charge right away, I seriously thought he was going to go off for 25-30 points, I kid you not. He only finished with 14 points and got most of those in the first half, but when the shots stopped falling, he crashed the boards offensively and defensively and got after it on D, getting 5 steals. I do feel bad that the dunk he had didn't go through the hoop... that was frustrating :crazy:

I hope this team can make another run at a Great West title and start building momentum for next year in the Big Sky. Hopefully we can win it and go back to the CIT.

Wow, what a way to finish the game. Congrats to Mitchell. Really cant believe we won this game with our starters ( Anderson, Webb, Huff, and Mitchell, Mathison) only shot 12 for 42. Probably the worst combined shooting game from these guys all year and we won. I will definately take the win and now lets go get the conference title. We need to win 2 games and I'm sure both games will come down to the last few minutes.

Wish there was a jumbotron at the Betty. I was at the game, but was watching the play and not the clock so I have no idea if Mitchell really got the shot off in time or not.

I must say that although Hunsaker is clearly a good coach, he's a bit too whiny for my taste. He's had more than his share of good fortune against UND. Today the shoe was on the other foot, so deal with it.

• Upvote 1

Watching the video, you can see at least .2 seconds on the clock when the ball is in the air, absolutely no question about the basket and the refs indicated it was good right away.

Amazing finish to the game and great to see the team pull this one out!

Wish there was a jumbotron at the Betty. I was at the game, but was watching the play and not the clock so I have no idea if Mitchell really got the shot off in time or not.

I must say that although Hunsaker is clearly a good coach, he's a bit too whiny for my taste. He's had more than his share of good fortune against UND. Today the shoe was on the other foot, so deal with it.

Add entertaining to that. After Huff put those first 6 points in he was already shaking his head and muttering to himself. And every huddle he was all over the place with his head and yelling. Throwing his jacket was pretty hilarious too. At end of game him and Jones were kinda going at it because he was upset with the clock. Then he didn't even really particpate in handshake line. Stood by his bench and stuck his left hand out at each person. Was players were gone he went back to scorers bench and was yelling at all the clock operators. Security had to be called over but then he finally sat down and did radio interview.

Sounds like a great a game. I had to leave the radio with about 5:00 left.................... ???

Looked there should have been no question on whether the final shot got off in time.

I have to ask, what on earth could have possibly motivated such a great student turnout today? Looks like there were probably more there today than there have been COMBINED at all the home games this season.

I have to ask, what on earth could have possibly motivated such a great student turnout today? Looks like there were probably more there today than there have been COMBINED at all the home games this season.

Every time refs drank some water they chanted "chug, chug, chug!"

The students who showed up to the basketball game were given priority line tickets to get into the hockey game first. Smart thinking by the athletic department and NoDak Nation. Hopefully winning in such an exciting fashion makes them want to come to more games this fall.

• Upvote 1

The students who showed up to the basketball game were given priority line tickets to get into the hockey game first. Smart thinking by the athletic department and NoDak Nation. Hopefully winning in such an exciting fashion makes them want to come to more games this fall.

They've been doing this for the whole season, any time there was a basketball game (men's or women's), or women's hockey game prior to men's hockey they'd do the priority seating for those who attended. However, it had no noticeable impact for other games that I could see. It's still a great idea and needs to continue(no sense students standing outside of a building waiting when they could be watching/supporting another team).