SiouxSports.com Forum

The Right Thing to do

Fetch

Reed can't even grasp the fact there was a deal made in 2007, and his clients never even attempted to get a seat at the table before the settlement was signed.

I kind of liked this guys comment that was on the article.

There is not enough facepalm in the world available to accurately respond to how ridiculous this whole process is.

Reed can't even grasp the fact there was a deal made in 2007, and his clients never even attempted to get a seat at the table before the settlement was signed.

... or that with a simple letter in 2006 could've ended this (and made Standing Rock's opinion inconsequential).

And he doesn't recognize that UND has already been damaged. They have lost scheduled sporting events and there is strong evidence that they have lost the opportunity to recruit talented athletes. He is very naive if he believes that these things won't continue to happen and probably will escalate.

And he doesn't recognize that UND has already been damaged. They have lost scheduled sporting events and there is strong evidence that they have lost the opportunity to recruit talented athletes. He is very naive if he believes that these things won't continue to happen and probably will escalate.

I'm mystified by this stance too. It's as if what we're seeing so far isn't enough for them. Would they prefer something as dramatic as the BSC bouncing UND out, or the women's team getting home ice for the NC$$ and then having to play in Fargo? I daresay, if the men's team had to play a home game in Fargo, you'd hear a blood-curdling scream from some of these "fans".

I'm sure the damage isn't just be done on the athletic front. This can't be good institutionally.

I'm sure the damage isn't just be done on the athletic front. This can't be good institutionally.

I agree completely. But the cancelled games and the information provided by Lennon is obvious to everyone, so even the naysayers should have to acknowledge that there might be some truth to those things.

I'm mystified by this stance too. It's as if what we're seeing so far isn't enough for them. Would they prefer something as dramatic as the BSC bouncing UND out, or the women's team getting home ice for the NC$$ and then having to play in Fargo?

I don't see why the NCAA would approve Fargo. If UND has the moniker and is not allowed to host NCAA post-season events, doesn't that mean "can't be the home team"?

I don't see why the NCAA would approve Fargo. If UND has the moniker and is not allowed to host NCAA post-season events, doesn't that mean "can't be the home team"?

I think so. I was extending on comments made by Fasion(?) regarding the women's hockey team and his view of a "solution". But if they have to hit the road to wherever we'll see what the "save the moniker" crowd really thinks about their "principles".

You say that like playing in Fargo would be a bad thing. :silly:

I would love to see the men's team play a game in Fargo. I live in Fargo, as do a lot of other Sioux fans. It would be like back in the day when the Green Bay Packers used to play some of their home games at Milwaukee. When a team has such great support throughout the entire state, why not play home games in two different cities?

You have an extra 11000+ seat barn laying around? Then again, maybe they can fit two-to-a seat at Scheels.

You say that like playing in Fargo would be a bad thing. :silly:

I would love to see the men's team play a game in Fargo. I live in Fargo, as do a lot of other Sioux fans. It would be like back in the day when the Green Bay Packers used to play some of their home games at Milwaukee. When a team has such great support throughout the entire state, why not play home games in two different cities?

Loss of revenue is a good starting point. Less seats to sell plus rental for the facility. Maybe some day the exhibition game would be held elsewhere, but there isn't a venue with even close to enough seating to make it worthwhile.