SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

Looking at the pwr, the DU series is critical. I have no delusions that we are a national championship team, but I'd like the freshman to get an NCAA regional undr their belt.

True. Getting to the NCAA's would be huge for this team. Depending on the regional a frozen four could be possible. Duluth had tremendous regional matchups last year on their way to the championship. Maybe UND could catch a break and get into a good regional instead of ending up in the BC region of death.

Not that UND really needs to worry about what other teams do the rest of the way, but it really helps that Tech plays SCSU (team battling for possible home ice), and CC the last two weekends of the year.

If UND can split with Denver and SCSU could split with Tech that would all but seal it. Unless UND messed the bed at home against the cows....

Yeah three points isn't too shabby when you consider how nip and tuck these games were. No fluke goals, no questionable calls, just good, solid playoff survive-at-all costs hockey. Personally, I like the pitchers duel now and then. Tech could do us some favors the next two weekends and as I suspected on Jan 1, UND's NCAA fate will likely live or die at Magness Arena. These are huge. I know Fridays game is on NBC Sports Net. Anyone have a lead on Saturday?

Yeah three points isn't too shabby when you consider how nip and tuck these games were. No fluke goals, no questionable calls, just good, solid playoff survive-at-all costs hockey. Personally, I like the pitchers duel now and then. Tech could do us some favors the next two weekends and as I suspected on Jan 1, UND's NCAA fate will likely live or die at Magness Arena. These are huge. I know Fridays game is on NBC Sports Net. Anyone have a lead on Saturday?

My Programming on Midco says they are going to be carrying the sat game on FSN +, I suspect we will see something about this on here later in the week. I also saw that it is going to be on direct and dish. So there should be a bunch of happy hockey fans.

Was at both games...kudos to BE for playing well. Has was as lucky as he was good last night, but when the weekend drops your GAA below 2.00 for the year, you are doing something right. The contrast in styles between BE and Dell is crazy. Dell is positionally sound. BE is definitely a flopper.

The shorty to tie should never have happened, but UND was lucky to come out of the 1st tied. Tech is decent and vastly improved. Their "depth" as their coach was quoted before series wasn't apparent to me. Their goalie was great, but aren't most goalies who play UND each weekend?!?!?

UND needs to get 2 points at DU. Watched DU vs. UM last weekend...yikes, are they fast and skilled. Looking for series similar to UND/CC earlier this year. Hopefully with the same outcome.

A lot of messy passing last night, especially the first pass out. Our D hold onto the puck forever, but it looks like that is coached. The passing lanes fill up, but there aren't as many uncontested giveaways. Sure frustrating to watch, though, with so many passes going to players who are instantly tied up.

A lot of messy passing last night, especially the first pass out. Our D hold onto the puck forever, but it looks like that is coached. The passing lanes fill up, but there aren't as many uncontested giveaways. Sure frustrating to watch, though, with so many passes going to players who are instantly tied up.

Especially Blood...he really seemed to over handle the puck this weekend. He logs a ton of minutes, but he isn't Mattson with the puck.

Especially Blood...he really seemed to over handle the puck this weekend. He logs a ton of minutes, but he isn't Mattson with the puck.

No he is no Mattson but man has he come a long way since his freshman year. I thought we had another Finley for awhile there but his stickhandling is night and day from 3 years ago.

I was at the game last night and after the first period performance I am happy wit 1 point. Sloppy play to say the least and the ol' pipes saved their butts. Michigan Tech is not the Tech of old. There is some talent there and they work hard. As of now I gotta give Person coach of the year in thwe WCHA.

Sometimes I see that and want to yell at the computer screen in frustration, but I'm convinced it's coached--not that style of play, but the strategy with a team this inexperienced at forward. Hak has always been pretty conservative, but his approach with this group this year has been superb. There are very few tic tac passes out of the zone and a lot of chipping along the boards, but also few uncontested turnovers.

Blood has been irreplacable to this team this year, but you're right, his first passes last night were not very good.

Looking at the pwr, the DU series is critical. I have no delusions that we are a national championship team, but I'd like the freshman to get an NCAA regional undr their belt.

Sure this team doesn't look the part but all it takes sometimes is to get in and get hot or lucky or both. Who thought the Giants would win the SuperBowl this year after they barely got in? Not saying we'll do it, but we are overdue. The white to green ratio of banners in the Ralph needs to be adjusted.

Sure this team doesn't look the part but all it takes sometimes is to get in and get hot or lucky or both. Who thought the Giants would win the SuperBowl this year after they barely got in? Not saying we'll do it, but we are overdue. The white to green ratio of banners in the Ralph needs to be adjusted.

Exactly. Just got to make it in. Especially with no clear cut favorite, it makes just getting in critical.