SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I appreciate all your input. UND participates in the western exchange - so he would get reduced rate on the out of state tuition. So that totally helps. He does have passion for the game.

again, I apologize if this was an inappropriate forum, but your opinions are unbiased and therefore have more merit than our friends and family who just think he's the greatest lol...

I would love to discuss what I think of your son's film; however, I don't know what the rules would stipulate here, but since your son would be considered a potential student athlete or recruit (we don't know if UND is looking at him or not, but would assume so since you made your way here), we might be forbidden from discussing him directly at all with you being a family member. Anyone care to help me out with whether this would be a violation of any kind? I honestly don't know.

Do you work for the school? - what if we were friends - personally?

Do you work for the school? - what if we were friends - personally?

I do not work for the school, just a huge football fan that graduated from UND :) We are all fans, but there's been chatter that even as fans we aren't supposed to talk directly to recruits or family members. Our SID was in a twitter war earlier this year with a few people re: contacting recruits, so that's why I'm being a little cautious. I'm a worrier sometimes :)

As far a PWO goes - as was stated before I would encourage anyone with that opportunity, if they find a place they really want to go, to take the opportunity if it's financially feasible. I've known a couple kids that have been PWO's that have went on to big things after a year or two of showing the coaches what they can do. Best of luck to you and your son!

I do not work for the school, just a huge football fan that graduated from UND :) We are all fans, but there's been chatter that even as fans we aren't supposed to talk directly to recruits or family members. Our SID was in a twitter war earlier this year with a few people re: contacting recruits, so that's why I'm being a little cautious. I'm a worrier sometimes :)

As far a PWO goes - as was stated before I would encourage anyone with that opportunity, if they find a place they really want to go, to take the opportunity if it's financially feasible. I've known a couple kids that have been PWO's that have went on to big things after a year or two of showing the coaches what they can do. Best of luck to you and your son!

Well noted - Thank you very much

Sharp and Gray were pretty similar backs so losing Gray wouldn't bother me as much as losing one of our recruits at another position.

Looking forward to Wednesday to find out what other surprises there are. There are some verbals we don't know about. I remember watching Kenny Golloday's highlights last year on signing day and being very impressed. He definatley didn't disappoint this year. Hopefully we have another one or two of those guys in addition to who we already know about. Hoping the DE from Wisconsin and Gray are the only two verbals we don't see sign on Wednesday.

Sharp and Gray were pretty similar backs so losing Gray wouldn't bother me as much as losing on of our recruits at another position.

Looking forward to Wednesday to find out what other surprises there are. There is some verbals we don't know about. I remember watching Kenny Golloday's highlights last year on signing day and being very impressed. He definatley didn't disappoint this year. Hopefully we have another one or two of those guys in addition to who we already know about. Hoping the DE from Wisconsin and Gray are the only two verbals we don't see sign on Wednesday.

If I had to chose between the two I'd go with sharp every time. He shows on film that he can get it done between the tackles and he runs with some fire.

Oh well, if the kid had other offers late and was thinking about them so be it. Closer to his home, maybe got more money, etc. Gray decided to make a decision that he felt was best for him. All you can say is good luck and wish him the best. I for one am not too devastated by this news. I know we hate to lose late verbals but Stendler was much more of blow than this.

• Upvote 1

Sharp is the better back relative to Gray, period. Sharp runs lower, has a better build (thus has potential to play over 200 lbs, which is what UND needs in their future RBs), and is probably even faster than Gray. Gray had that odd elongated stride, if I do remember correctly. With that being said, it wouldn’t be a bad thing if both of them were brought in because UND needs talent at the RB position, but Sharp is the better RB prospect of the two.

I don't mean to put anyone in an uncomfortable position - I don't know the rules either, I was thinking I was talking to fans/maybe parents...

Responding to someone's questions who initiates the communication is OK whether by phone, in person or on a blog. As a Father you can ask whomever you wish.

I watched your son's tape. Frankly I was impressed. He does run a little high but was putting his shoulder down and not as high his Sr. year. He has a quick cut and seems to be able to cut without losing speed or momentum. He catches the ball well and I was impressed with how well he moves his feet after contact and in traffic. He can play at some level. Highlight tape helps, but game film showing what he does without the ball, how he blocks etc. would need to be reviewed. If he is good academically, I would at least offer a PWO if game film confirms his highlight tape. You can't coach 4.5 speed and that is good at any college level.

It sounds like Tyler Rogers called UND to commit, but was told his scholarship was filled a day before. That's too bad - he was a pretty good prospect. Funny thing is that he called three days ago, and was told the scholarship was filled by another QB the day before. Wonder if Riddle became solid the day before......

It sounds like Tyler Rogers called UND to commit, but was told his scholarship was filled a day before. That's too bad - he was a pretty good prospect. Funny thing is that he called three days ago, and was told the scholarship was filled by another QB the day before. Wonder if Riddle became solid the day before......

From the way it sounds he got some bad advice to wait til after the All Star game that was a week ago. By that time UND already had Riddle and ended up taking Palandech because Rogers wouldnt commit. Tough deal for the kid. Wish UND could have gotten him cause he is a nice player. He will be player for somebody.

This is very similar to the situation down in Miami where they just let a local kid go a couple days ago because he would never commit. Then, after letting him go they caught hell. A school cannot wait til signing day...they have to fill the class.