SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I don't think there would be a problem if they just had a simple conversation since they had a previous relationship. Something like, "Has Max decided where he is transferring? Has he thought about Montana?" Much more than that starts to push the limits. Actually promoting a school is definitely beyond the limit. Putting the information from that conversation on a fan forum is a second strike. It is best to avoid anything that could be remotely considered recruiting unless you are paid by the University for that, or you have been asked to help recruit by someone from the University with the authority to make that request. Anything beyond that has the potential to cause a problem for the University and the athlete.

I agree it looks like a "legal" conversation, but like SiouxVolley said, it's stupid to post that even on an independent fansite for examination.

Looking at the verbals so far, this class looks pretty nice.

K/P Mitch Meindel (WI) has a good ol' Howitzer for a leg.

FB Dustin Iverson (ND) good athletic FB and a local kid.

OL Dan Bell (WI) good size and potential.

DL Brandon Miller (WI) very nice size for a DT, looked like a beast on his film.

If we can get another couple beast on the DL and some mean LBs along with the other needs (DB, OL, speed) this class is already shaping up quite nicely.

I agree. What about RB Jake Disterhaupt, 6'1”, 185, Moose Lake (Moose Lake/Willow River), MN?

DL Brandon Miller (WI) very nice size for a DT, looked like a beast on his film.

RB Jake Disterhaupt (MN) He's the next Travis Beck.

If we can get another couple beast on the DL and some mean LBs along with the other needs (DB, OL, speed) this class is already shaping up quite nicely.

RB Jake Disterhaupt (MN) He's the next Travis Beck.

Its funny you bring up Dustin Iverson. I have family out west and one of them officiates and when I asked him about Iverson he had nothing but good things to say about him. Thinks he's going to be a very good ball player. He's a great athlete and a hard working kid from what I have heard. Plus he's really excited to be coming to UND. I didn't know much about him before but am excited to have him aboard.

Two offers:

LB Kyle Norberg, 6'1”, 215, Cary (Cary Grove), IL

S Cam Kuksa, 6'1”, 215, 4.9, Palatine (Palatine), IL Has offers from WY & W IL

Norberg is being recruited as a LB but ran for 2,200+ yds, averaged 9.4/carry and scored 27 TDs this last season. We also have an offer out to Norberg's teammate, Jesse Bobbitt. He has offers from E IL & W IL but hopes to get an offer from a Big Ten school.

Kuksa is being recruited by Wyoming as a wildcat QB and W IL as a CB.

Two offers:

LB Kyle Norberg, 6'1”, 215, Cary (Cary Grove), IL

S Cam Kuksa, 6'1”, 215, 4.9, Palatine (Palatine), IL Has offers from WY & W IL

Norberg is being recruited as a LB but ran for 2,200+ yds, averaged 9.4/carry and scored 27 TDs this last season. We also have an offer out to Norberg's teammate, Jesse Bobbitt. He has offers from E IL & W IL but hopes to get an offer from a Big Ten school.

Kuksa is being recruited by Wyoming as a wildcat QB and W IL as a CB.

Both these kids are on campus this weekend I believe. Also, Kuksa is the teammate of Bobbitt I believe from Palatine.

Another chest bump to schlesner

At least the offensive guys are doing work

We need defense tho

Where is bubba at

The coaches have a certain area they recruit. They do not recruit by position so it could have been a defensive recruit. Either way, Kotelnicki seemed pretty happy about the commitment.

The coaches have a certain area they recruit. They do not recruit by position so it could have been a defensive recruit. Either way, Kotelnicki seemed pretty happy about the commitment.

Could mean he got more than one if its big time like he said. Hopefully it's a big one or two.

Schleusner is an Illinois recruiting guru so I'm sure the chest bump is from there. Any big time guys from there make a visit this weekend?