SiouxSports.com Forum

SIoux @ Bulldogs!

Kooshnitz

well ladies and gents, this is the kind of series that we all look forward to at this time of the year. I think that UND goes into Duluth with a chip on its shoulder and something to prove, just where Hak wants this team. We are looking up at the top of the league and I hope we are ready to bring them down about 5 more notches. Forbort has never played a game in Duluth and I am looking for him to help clamp down the dogs. SO here is my question for this series. Last week we had a general show up the first night and we showed a full Nelson the second game. What North Dakota players are going to step up this week?

Interesting observation from Kevin Pates' column. The last two Fridays, UMD has gotten 4 and 3 goals, followed by not much the rest of the way.

http://rinkandrun.areavoices.com/2012/02/05/updated-final-anchorage-3-umd-2/

Reinforces the old adage about "the first ten minutes". We better come out of the gate ready, and weather the storm early.

Well, he did only get suspended for an exhibition game... that's such a harsh punishment you know, so he must have been given a break by opposing fanbases.

*sarcasm*

For UND players isn't that a normal weekend? :D;)

All kidding aside JT is a great player who made a dumb decision. I mean, cmon, the cops are going to know who you are. You won the MVP of the Frozen Four.

For UND players isn't that a normal weekend? :D;) All kidding aside JT is a great player who made a dumb decision. I mean, cmon, the cops are going to know who you are. You won the MVP of the Frozen Four.

I was surprised he didn't get at least a game or two suspension for his antics.

I think it's his best coaching job yet.

Yup. For comparison, you only need to read Badger fans' threads this year or UMinn's last three years. He's had a huge turnover, injuries on top of that, and he still has this team looking like a threat. I don't think he's an elite game coach yet, but is there a better program coach out there?

i don't think the jerseys "will be ready" in time for the regular season. ;)

maybe postseason though..

My initial thought was the same, but the more I thought about it, the better it would be to get them on the ice sooner. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them in Sioux jerseys for as long as possible, but who knows what kinds of distractions will follow with the jersey change. There may be none, there may be a lot. I think it's a safer bet to do it during the regular season so the story of it will be a lot deader if they happen to make the NCAA Tournament.

Yeah I didn't get that as well and if anything the defense has been good espeically last weekend against the Badgers. If the goalies can stop letting in the soft goals I think this team has as good of a chance as anyone else.

Glad you said this before I got the chance to Goon. Aaron Dell has not had the best of seasons after his All-American campaign of last year (I know...Thanks for stating the obvious Wilbur). Had he put up similar numbers to last year he'd for sure be an early departure with a contract in hand probably by the end of the season. Now it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if he was around for another year. His save percentage is down below 90, and his GAA is up by over a goal per game. Its not the same team as last year, but I don't exactly think its fair to say he's been hung out to dry by his defensive core all season long either. He is probably the key component to UND making the NCAAs. Tough to say it rides on one position, but for this team to make a serious run the goaltending needs to be excellent the rest of the way. I like Eidsness, but I don't think he's got the ability that Dell does.

Big start on Friday night up in Duluth for Mr. Dell. He needs to be huge in what will be a very hostile environment at AMSOIL.

@SiouxForever, I have a pair for each night first couple rows un upper deck. Looking at some good lower bowl tickets for one night on CL but not sure if I want to pay ~100 a ticket. You find any decent priced lower bowl I will give you my pair decently priced. Pretty pumped, should be a good series to go to! SIOUX YA YA!

@SiouxForever, I have a pair for each night first couple rows un upper deck. Looking at some good lower bowl tickets for one night on CL but not sure if I want to pay ~100 a ticket. You find any decent priced lower bowl I will give you my pair decently priced. Pretty pumped, should be a good series to go to! SIOUX YA YA!

Yeah, haven't found any reasonable pricing on tickets on CL. I feel like the premium pricing on those tickets from UMD alumni, fans, or students there are a little ridic. I get the Duluth is ranked #1 and they're playing the Sioux and Sioux fans travel really well, but $100/ticket/night...please... this isn't a Gopher series.

Yeah I know right. Well I live close to Duluth, so I have been planning on going. I order mine right when they went on sale in September. I am debating paying close to that actually, haha. Esp since prob the only game I will be able to go to this year and Fri night its on CBS college sports. We Shall see though. I'm pretty pumped up.!