SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SCSU

brianvf

Might as well start this thread since the UMN threads were getting tiresome. :)

Very important points on the line for UND this weekend if they want to continue to make up ground in both the WCHA and the PWR standings/rankings.

Hopefully we hear some good news later this week on the injury front.

O'Donnell, Forbort, Grimaldi, etc.

IMO, at least 3 points are needed this weekend.

I think two points is a good as we can hope for. Unless St. Cloud has a "hot goalie", then we'll have to settle for zero.

Sounds like Mike Lee is close to being healthy again. So we may see him.

Although it might not matter...that Faragher kid shut us down for one of the games during the REA series earlier this year.

Each week it seems like a new player goes down. Its like a never ending list of guys that are dinged up or playing hurt. And thats minus the injuries that the team keeps extremely secret and no one hears about until the end of the season when all is said and done.

Every game from this point on is almost like a playoff game for UND. Sitting at 20th in the pairwise gives them hope, but it also means that they've got to get 3-4 points most weekends from here on out. The team could be extremely shorthanded on Friday night if the WCHA decides to suspend Mr. Blood for losing his cool. Pretty tough to lose a guy that plays 30 minutes a night, but I'm sure we'll hear something early in the week.

The last time these teams played the rookie netminder stole the show. Hopefully UND can get to him early, and play with a lead in a place that can get pretty crazy. I'll predict a split, with St. Cloud winning Friday, and UND coming back on Saturday to earn the split.

PS: In creating this post I typed Sioux at least five times before having to change it.....baby steps....baby steps.... ???

Sounds like Mike Lee is close to being healthy again. So we may see him.

Although it might not matter...that Faragher kid shut us down for one of the games during the REA series earlier this year.

I think UND would probably welcome Mike Lee, he has never won a game against UND and has trouble finishing game that he plays against UND in.

Each week it seems like a new player goes down. Its like a never ending list of guys that are dinged up or playing hurt. And thats minus the injuries that the team keeps extremely secret and no one hears about until the end of the season when all is said and done.

Every game from this point on is almost like a playoff game for UND. Sitting at 20th in the pairwise gives them hope, but it also means that they've got to get 3-4 points most weekends from here on out. The team could be extremely shorthanded on Friday night if the WCHA decides to suspend Mr. Blood for losing his cool. Pretty tough to lose a guy that plays 30 minutes a night, but I'm sure we'll hear something early in the week.

The last time these teams played the rookie netminder stole the show. Hopefully UND can get to him early, and play with a lead in a place that can get pretty crazy. I'll predict a split, with St. Cloud winning Friday, and UND coming back on Saturday to earn the split.

PS: In creating this post I typed Sioux at least five times before having to change it.....baby steps....baby steps.... ???

Or, we'll hear Thursday night like Brad Malone did last year...

Hadju justed tweeted that Hakstol said O'Donnell's injury is significant and Parks is also hurt and being evaluated. Not good.

Both coming off of plays that were penalties, one called, one wasn't. For Blood to be suspended, they would need to create a policy that they didn't have in place. One would have thought that after the Finley incident, Hakstol's indescretion, Dasher George and Lucia's shouting match with Michigan Tech that there would be some precedent to have a policy in place, but as everybody knows they just kind of make it up as they go along as with Lamoureux's suspension for dropping his gloves.

I would gladly take a split this weekend, looking at the upcoming schedule we have 3 tough series on the road and 3 easier series at home, if we can somehow split the 6 road games at St. Clown, Daloot, and Gwoznutsville and take 4 or 5 of the home games against Wisconsin, Mich Tech, and Mankato it should be enough to get a home series in the playoffs. I expect Mich Tech to hit the wall now because 10 of their last 12 games are against good teams, St.Clown is about in the same boat we are...the next 2 series against us and Minnesota are big for their positioning.

If we have enough healthy/non-suspended players left to make a team that is.

Both coming off of plays that were penalties, one called, one wasn't. For Blood to be suspended, they would need to create a policy that they didn't have in place. One would have thought that after the Finley incident, Hakstol's indescretion, Dasher George and Lucia's shouting match with Michigan Tech that there would be some precedent to have a policy in place, but as everybody knows they just kind of make it up as they go along as with Lamoureux's suspension for dropping his gloves.

That's a good point, Kristo also apologized for his antics on Friday night, that was a dangerous hit... I have yet to see Mark Alt's apology for trying to plant Parks into the boards who is now hurt.

You probably won't see an apology from a gopher player. They take the lead of thier coach. Look at what happened when Mich Tech challenged them, they get into a shouting match with the coaches. They do a lot of chirping, take cheap shots and then run away. This is the culture they teach at the U of M.

That's a good point, Kristo also apologized for his antics on Friday night, that was a dangerous hit... I have yet to see Mark Alt's apology for trying to plant Parks into the boards who is now hurt.

When Kristo apologized for his "antics" he meant when he was arguing with officials, slamming his stick against the wall and yelling something on the bench, not the hit.

You probably won't see an apology from a gopher player. They take the lead of thier coach. Look at what happened when Mich Tech challenged them, they get into a shouting match with the coaches. They do a lot of chirping, take cheap shots and then run away. This is the culture they teach at the U of M.

Yeah, remember how the gopher faithful chirped about Hakstol being classless when he lost control and flipped the bird. I guess it is o.k. to actually use colorful words when people can hear you. Hakstol got suspended for a couple games. What did the U of M do to Lucia and Potulny? I only hope that Blood has another chance to settle things on the ice with Mr. Hansen when he is cutting across the middle. I think we learned another lesson this weekend, you will only get a two-minute minor, or no penalty at all for charging at somebody from behind. MacWilliam was the recipient of both those hits, and had it been another player not quite as sturdy as MacWilliam, who knows what the outcome would have been. Charging and hitting someone from behind should be a major as well. I find it curious that out of the four hits from behind that I saw, the only one that was called was late in the game on Saturday when the outcome had already been decided.

When Kristo apologized for his "antics" he meant when he was arguing with officials, slamming his stick against the wall and yelling something on the bench, not the hit.

Are you 100% sure about that. I think appology can be interpreted both ways...