SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Falls Week

goyotes

I am still in the get Bob Nielson corner, he has been nothing short of great at UMD. However, for those of you who feel that the next head coach must have D-I experience, I submit the name of Mike Stoops. He was dropped by the Arizona Wildcats this fall after a poor start, but had taken over a program that was consistently in the bottom third of the PAC 10 and made contenders out of them. Another plus for UND is that he was a successful football coach at a basketball school, so he would not have a complex about UND being a hockey school (as Nielson has been able to do at Duluth).

There is no way Mike Stoops will come to North Dakota.

Overall, UND has a winning record against NDSU in football.

NDSU will never win a true D-1 championship in any sport. FCS doesn't count.

UND has 7 and more coming.

Being subpar to UND is the best the Bison can hope for, and this IS meant as a slam. :lol:

Thanks for giving me a laugh today! But, But, But, we have hockey!

There is no way Mike Stoops will come to North Dakota.

something I have found out in many years of life - when you don't ask, the answer is always "no".

Stoops is from Youngstown, Ohio and went to college at the U of Iowa. Who knows what he might say?

something I have found out in many years of life - when you don't ask, the answer is always "no".

Stoops is from Youngstown, Ohio and went to college at the U of Iowa. Who knows what he might say?

I do like the thought of that though so I would not mind that at all.

I agree that the way the game unfolded yesterday was amazingly embarrassing.

But I think it is way off base to claim that Mussman got out-coached yesterday. I didn't see any evidence of it. USF competely took away our run game for the first 3 quarters. Any team that does that, whether it be Montana St. or Morningside is going to have a chance to beat North Dakota. This is a very one dimensional team, and it has nothing to do with coaching, rather it is a result of personnel and talent. UND won virtually every statistical battle in the game, but because we couldn't run the ball effectively, many offensive drives stalled. Despite Goska's adequate play over the last 3 weeks, he just isn't capable of doing it with no run game to compliment him.

UND would have never trailed in the game if not for Coach Kelling's inept pass defense schemes that, as usual, allowed a few big plays. If any coach on the staff warrants excessive criticism, it is him. The pass defense has regregressed every year since 2007.

I totally agree. We are way to easy to defend when we are one dimensional. We are a quarterback away from being a very good team.

I'm surprised you even view the hockey board...isn't that against your better judgement to give a crap about the only sport that financially supports all the other programs??? Yah, I probably am anomaly to your way of thinking when I feel justified tailgating and paying to go to the football games to only watch a half-ass performance by our team and not start falling all over them for winning in the last seconds. The biggest problem with the football team is not the nickname supporting hockey fans, but the poor product and coaching going on in the sport of Football at UND...Try there first and you might be able to solve the problem before we become the second Northern Colorado!

Case-n-point.

Is it common for the fan base of a university to bicker amongst its own teams? I don't think so, but it sure happens a lot here. Why is that???

I'm surprised you even view the hockey board...isn't that against your better judgement to give a crap about the only sport that financially supports all the other programs??? Yah, I probably am anomaly to your way of thinking when I feel justified tailgating and paying to go to the football games to only watch a half-ass performance by our team and not start falling all over them for winning in the last seconds. The biggest problem with the football team is not the nickname supporting hockey fans, but the poor product and coaching going on in the sport of Football at UND...Try there first and you might be able to solve the problem before we become the second Northern Colorado!

Yeah, yeah................we get it.

The 6-3 football team sucks while the 3-5 hockey team is awesome...................

The demise of the nickname is all the fault of the football and basketball programs..................

The nickname is actually just on loan from the hockey department to the rest of the athletic programs................

Did I miss anything? ???

• Upvote 2

Case-n-point.

Is it common for the fan base of a university to bicker amongst its own teams? I don't think so, but it sure happens a lot here. Why is that???

I think it's disrespectful to have to try to brag up UND by mentioning hockey championships in a football game thread.

Don't tell me another one came over - geez can you not see how stupd and pathetic you guys look coming on to a fan board of a team that you claim you have no interest in, have mooved on from...my "ignore list of of bisonswille rejects is longer than most of their resumes.

• Upvote 1

Don't tell me another one came over - geez can you not see how stupd and pathetic you guys look coming on to a fan board of a team that you claim you have no interest in, have mooved on from...my "ignore list of of bisonswille rejects is longer than most of their resumes.

I haven't moved on, I like to see how UND is doing.

Guys, I appreciate the spirit, but your football program will never be as good as NDSU's. Simply, you care too much about hockey to have the will to do what is needed. Best case is you will be a middle of the road Sky school.

Really, not intended as a slam, but this is the best you can hope for.

"classless programs like NDSU"......really?

I don't come over here too much cus UND/NDSU references become a "pissing" match. But this statement is total bunk....period!

Enough said.

Case-n-point.

Go read what the FB fans had to say about the BB program on the basketball thread at b-ville after the MSUM debacle.

I haven't moved on, I like to see how UND is doing.

Only to make fun of. Please do us a favor and take your kind back to BVille. Now we just need Lakes and his hundred alias's to show up here and spout out about moving up to the FBS, how they have punched their ticket to the National title game....after their St. Francis win. Blah blah blah. Just leave.

That's what they used to say in the '80s... and then 1993-2003 happened.

Nice try, better luck next time.

NDSU won some games between 93 and 03, UND didn't even belong on the same field as NDSU for almost every game in the 80's, but...the past is the past.

Two points must be made...

1. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, margin of victory is meaningless. Running up the score on a weak opponent may be fun for classless programs like NDSU, but I would like to think that our team is above such behavior.

2. Let's give credit where credit is due, Sioux Falls is actually pretty good.

So....what you are saying DaveK is that UND could have run up the score yesterday but decided to instead have to have a 4th quarter rally against Sioux Falls? I don't think it is classless of NDSU to run the ball and still score in the 4th quarter, nor would it be classless if UND did it to someone. What do you want the winning team to do? Take 3 knees every 2nd half possession? I hope not.

And you shouldn't give credit to Sioux Falls. This isn't the Sioux Falls team from a couple years ago that was actually a good team, this was a team who had no business leaving Grand Forks remembering nothing but how many light fixtures are on the ceiling of the Alerus.