SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Falls Week

goyotes

Last game for USF....yes. Crazy year with transition scheduling, etc.

I'm a rabid fan yes....I've been in the position of not being able to see a game and going off the chat. You are welcome.

It's been a fun ride with the USF@UND series....not so much for you guys, I know....I'm just sayin.

Good luck the rest of the year Sioux..and in the Big Sky.

As far as I'm concerned, good win over a very good fb team, despite a didsappointing first half. At one point in tghe first half I saw a Sioux player on teh sideline yawning...definately a low point.

Honestly folks....as I don't care one way or another about your coaching staff....but considering how that 2009 game hurt your program....how can your guys not be up for this game and revenge..? (that's not just the coaches, that's on the players too) From my eyes, USF packed a lot more punch today and moxy for the better part of this one....and that shouldn't happen in your building....and with the back-story coming into this game..

USF Coach: "I thought we outplayed them today, I really feel for our kids.." (I echo that)

The Sioux nearly lost to a team that was trailing Minot State in the fourth quarter in their home stadium in a game earlier this season (might have been last week).

Something needs to change in the football program. Maybe getting into the Big Sky next season will make the change happen....then again, I'd rather lose every game in the Big Sky than have UND play close games with NAIA schools....

I hope the change is made at the conclusion of the season....think Bubba.....think Bubba.....

The Sioux nearly lost to a team that was trailing Minot State in the fourth quarter in their home stadium in a game earlier this season (might have been last week).

Something needs to change in the football program. Maybe getting into the Big Sky next season will make the change happen....then again, I'd rather lose every game in the Big Sky than have UND play close games with NAIA schools....

I hope the change is made at the conclusion of the season....think Bubba.....think Bubba.....

I personally don't think Bubba has the makeup to be a head coach. Neither does Mussman for that matter. Both are most comfortable teaching, not leading.

Get the USF coach, now at SIU, or get Nielsen at UMD. Nielsen could later be our AD when Faison retires.

Just got back from game. Incredibly disappointing, the "w" notwithstanding. I am at a loss as to how we didn't come out and compete as if we were playing Fresno State or Southern Utah. Very little visible enthusiasm or emotion. Just an out and out bad performance. Never have I felt so disappointed despite a 6-3 record. :sad:

I personally don't think Bubba has the makeup to be a head coach. Neither does Mussman for that matter. Both are most comfortable teaching, not leading.

Get the USF coach, now at SIU, or get Nielsen at UMD. Nielsen could later be our AD when Faison retires.

ya, Kaytelyn DeBour, right?

Honestly folks....as I don't care one way or another about your coaching staff....but considering how that 2009 game hurt your program....how can your guys not be up for this game and revenge..? (that's not just the coaches, that's on the players too) From my eyes, USF packed a lot more punch today and moxy for the better part of this one....and that shouldn't happen in your building....and with the back-story coming into this game..

USF Coach: "I thought we outplayed them today, I really feel for our kids.." (I echo that)

This is horrible as a fan, but I honestly hoped that the FG would be missed - just so change would be forced with the direction of our program.

There's absolutely no excuse why this team couldn't be up for this game - even if the crowd isn't.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just from listening to players comments after games, I don't know if they are just happy to be around .500 after last year. When you hear guys using words like content, and we weren't even expected to compete with them, it makes you wonder where they are getting that mindset. Then to hear Mussman say he doesn't care how or by how much, he just wants to come away with a win against Sioux Falls and guarantee a winning season, one wonders if they get that mindset from the staff. I know what he is saying, but I guess I like Ashley Hardee, the women's volleyball coaches way of approaching things by being up front and saying we should sweep this match. I just think that aspirations of those two coaches might be a little different.

15-13...are you kidding me!?! How are we to beat 2 GWFC teams now after beating DII SF by TWO!!!! And to come back to win it is even more sad. This team should be ashamed and Muss should be back on the hot seat. If he can't fire up his team he is worthless.

Few observations:

- offensively we are so predictable and vanilla. If its first down we are running up the middle.

- did we ever get to the outside? because running up the middle didn't work.

- Their d line was good.

- Their punter had one hell of a leg. I've never been a fan of the 3 back guys right in front of the punter. They always seem too close and lets guys run in full steam.

- passing was better. In the first quarter it seemed like every route runner was open. I thought we could've passed more, but usf did seem to tighten coverage as game went on.

- in second half, though, all we were throwing was 3 yd check down routes. And it wasn't working.

- I have never seen a team have so many 3rd and over 10 yards to go.

I've been a good company man when watching this team and evaluating things, but dang was this frustrating to watch.

Edited by Smoggy

15-13...are you kidding me!?! How are we to beat 2 GWFC teams now after beating DII SF by TWO!!!! And to come back to win it is even more sad. This team should be ashamed and Muss should be back on the hot seat. If he can't fire up his team he is worthless.

UCD is beating Poly 21-7! Nearing the half.