SiouxSports.com Forum

WINONA @ UND

U2Bad1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winona is alot better than I thought they'd be. Their mascot is a total dork though. He was doing all these hand signals and stuff. He was always pointing at this white as bread, shaven legs. Not sure why. ;)

Also he was hitting on forecheck and her friends. What would The Wookie say? ???

Winona is alot better than I thought they'd be. Their mascot is a total dork though. He was doing all these hand signals and stuff. He was always pointing at this white as bread, shaven legs. Not sure why. ;)

Also he was hitting on forecheck and her friends. What would The Wookie say? ???

better not let him find out :)

All I can say is wow. Winona deserved to win, but UND just came up with one more play than Winona in the end. I do have some problems with the offensive playcalling in the second half, pretty horsecrap if you ask me, but a win is a win.

PS: I was over browsing the Bison board and all they can do is talk about what an embarrasment UND is to the NCC. I can't believe how unclassy some people can be when a rival university has some success. ;)

Winona deserved to win

People keep saying this, and I honestly don't know what it means. There are predetermined criteria for evaluating the outcome of a football contest -- they're tallied in points. UND and Winona both had their ups and downs, but when the game was done, UND had scored the most points. The Sioux deserved to win.

I have a lot of respect for WSU -- the Warriors played very well and had many opportunities to score more points or allow UND to score fewer, but they didn't execute on them. Neither team played anything near a flawless game, but UND played the better game in that they managed to score more points than they allowed.

All I can say is wow. Winona deserved to win, but UND just came up with one more play than Winona in the end. I do have some problems with the offensive playcalling in the second half, pretty horsecrap if you ask me, but a win is a win.

PS: I was over browsing the Bison board and all they can do is talk about what an embarrasment UND is to the NCC. I can't believe how unclassy some people can be when a rival university has some success. ???

Yeah, the National semifinals and still going...what an embarrassment to the NCC ;) . Sounds like they've turned SIOUX GREEN with jealousy.

I agree with Jimdahl. The Sioux played the first half and last two minutes better than Winona which is more than half the game. It is only natural to play in a bit of shell when you have that kind of lead. Funny how a couple plays can turn a game around. If Joe Wilson doesn't throw that ill-fated pass for an interception, I suspect we would be talking about a blowout, because to that point the Sioux were driving the ball fairly easy. The second play that could have changed the outcome drastically was the pass interference call after the Sioux had stopped them, shortly before their second touchdown. I have a feeling if the game wasn't lopsided at that point, it might have been considered incidental contact.

After that score the Sioux tightened up a bit and were their own worse enemy on several occasions. Give credit to Winona though, they did what they needed to get back in the game. To knock them for the trickery is getting picky. You could see that when the score was getting tighter the Sioux were overpursuing which lends itself to misdirection. I was very impressed with Winona's play calling. I think the Sioux did well to pull this one out because they didn't get the benefit of many calls in the second half, especially as far as the ball marking went. So to fight through all that was going wrong for them in the second half and pull it out, I definitely think they deserved to win.

I agree with Jimdahl. The Sioux played the first half and last two minutes better than Winona which is more than half the game. It is only natural to play in a bit of shell when you have that kind of lead. Funny how a couple plays can turn a game around. If Joe Wilson doesn't throw that ill-fated pass for an interception, I suspect we would be talking about a blowout, because to that point the Sioux were driving the ball fairly easy. The second play that could have changed the outcome drastically was the pass interference call after the Sioux had stopped them, shortly before their second touchdown. I have a feeling if the game wasn't lopsided at that point, it might have been considered incidental contact.

After that score the Sioux tightened up a bit and were their own worse enemy on several occasions. Give credit to Winona though, they did what they needed to get back in the game. To knock them for the trickery is getting picky. You could see that when the score was getting tighter the Sioux were overpursuing which lends itself to misdirection. I was very impressed with Winona's play calling. I think the Sioux did well to pull this one out because they didn't get the benefit of many calls in the second half, especially as far as the ball marking went. So to fight through all that was going wrong for them in the second half and pull it out, I definitely think they deserved to win.

Welcome Winona? Careful for what you wish for. That would mean we'd have more competition in the NCC... or at least HAVE competition in the NCC. Now that NDSU has jumped ship, we need a chief rival. Winona may be a good candidate, to be honest.

But I'm not so much of a football guy.

Just to answer some thoughts:

YES, I'M A TERRIBLE ANNOUNCER

I realize this. Since no one teaches me a thing about it, I take my best shot. (FYI, broadcasting isn't what I'm going into, which is good, because based on this boards reactions I suck)

However to clairfy, I wasn't the one who said anything about a blowout or luck, those were both my partner.

Also, Winona does have a professional team broadcasting the games, but it isn't broadcast over the web.

Great game, UND. Good Luck next week.