SiouxSports.com Forum

WINONA @ UND

U2Bad1

I realize this. Since no one teaches me a thing about it, I take my best shot. (FYI, broadcasting isn't what I'm going into, which is good, because based on this boards reactions I suck)

Although I was on dataflix and didn't hear your streaming audio, it was posted that one of you said, late in the game, that the winner would host next week, which, at the time, seemed ludicrous. Now that you were proven right, did you have some inside info? Do you know why UNA has to travel?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I would have thought that UNA would have hosted for certain had WSU won yesterday. Not only because they were a higher seed, but they can seat many more people (right?) at their field and god forbid a northern team have an advantage due to the weather.

Did anyone else think the officiating sucked yesterday? Especially on that halo violation call. The Winona player misjudged the punt and had to step back towards the UND player. This didn't effect his opportunity to catch the ball though and he ended up dropping it. UND recovers, but because of the stupid penalty, it resulted in a re-kick. I thought that rule was changed this year, so that something like this was not a penalty because it doesn't effect the outcome of the play. Whooptee doo though I guess.

but they can seat many more people (right?) at their field and god forbid a northern team have an advantage due to the weather.

Yea, a bunch more. UNA's stadium seats about 14K, and Winona's can seat about 4K, plus standing room for about 1.5 to 2K.

And trust me, I would have LOVED to have seen a team from the south come up to play in a Upper Midwest winter. That would have played hugely in our favor.

Anyway, good luck Fighting Sioux.

Yea, a bunch more. UNA's stadium seats about 14K, and Winona's can seat about 4K, plus standing room for about 1.5 to 2K.

And trust me, I would have LOVED to have seen a team from the south come up to play in a Upper Midwest winter. That would have played hugely in our favor.

Anyway, good luck Fighting Sioux.

No kidding I would love to see UNA come to UND and have to play in the old Memorial Stadium. That would be fun to see... Can we condem the Alerius and re-open our old stadium.

Just to answer some thoughts:

YES, I'M A TERRIBLE ANNOUNCER

I realize this. Since no one teaches me a thing about it, I take my best shot. (FYI, broadcasting isn't what I'm going into, which is good, because based on this boards reactions I suck)

Rule #1 of announcing -- grow a thick skin because the fans are going to hate you. I can't imagine talking continuously during a game, trying to describe what's going on in real-time, without fans of both teams thinking I'm a biased idiot. Don't take it personally, these vultures complain about all announcers ;) (search for UND's own home announcer "Ed Schultz" and you'll see much worse).

Thanks for coming around and sharing your insights.