SiouxSports.com Forum

Ice Breaker Tourney

AZSIOUX

I went online and I couldn't believe how many tickets were still available. I know that there will be a walk-up crowd, but I hope people get out and support this tournament. I wonder if a really good attendance would help us to get this event again in the future.

Has anyone tried actually purchasing one of the lower bowl tickets shown as available using the interactive seat finder tool on Ticketmaster? I tried 6 or 7 sets of two seats and none of them are actually available. Using the 'find me a seat' tool on ticketmaster the best seat that comes up in the upper bowl. When I did try for the best available for the two day session it gave me two seats in section 109 row P which is where the students would sit for a normal game.

I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten lower bowl tickets in the past few days.

Has anyone tried actually purchasing one of the lower bowl tickets shown as available using the interactive seat finder tool on Ticketmaster? I tried 6 or 7 sets of two seats and none of them are actually available. Using the 'find me a seat' tool on ticketmaster the best seat that comes up in the upper bowl. When I did try for the best available for the two day session it gave me two seats in section 109 row P which is where the students would sit for a normal game.

I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten lower bowl tickets in the past few days.

Man, I hope there are more sold than it looks like, according to your experience, that might be the case

Did you buy the tournament package? As of this morning it looks like I could get lower bowl seats at the top of section 109 if I buy the tournament package but I still can't purchase single day tickets using the interactive seat finder tool.

So, based on my searches, it is possible to get some seats in the lower bowl still (provided that you buy the tournament package) but there are no where near as many available as it looks like on Ticketmaster.

Did you buy the tournament package? As of this morning it looks like I could get lower bowl seats at the top of section 109 if I buy the tournament package but I still can't purchase single day tickets using the interactive seat finder tool.

So, based on my searches, it is possible to get some seats in the lower bowl still (provided that you buy the tournament package) but there are no where near as many available as it looks like on Ticketmaster.

Try calling the box office

Yes, I purchased the package. They were also in 109.

It's hard to believe this, but these will be my first hockey games at The Ralph since spring of 2009. I've made it to a bunch of road games because they worked out better travel-wise, but I'm pumped to go back to The Ralph, which hopefully will be rockin'.

The Ralph offers employee discounts for Ice Breaker Tourney Oct. 7, 8

The Ralph Engelstad Arena is offering discounted $20 one-day tickets to the Ice Breaker Tournament Friday and Saturday, Oct. 7 and 8. The discounts includes two games at 4:07 and 7:37 p.m. either Friday or Saturday; you may purchase tickets for each day for $20 each. Bring in your UND employee ID to receive the discount.

Game schedule:

Friday, 4:07 p.m., Boston College vs. Michigan State

Friday, 7:37 p.m., UND vs. Air Force Academy

Saturday will feature winner vs. winner; loser vs. loser. UND will play at 7:37 regardless of the outcome of Friday's game. -- Ralph Engelstad Arena.

I'm not sure what to make of anticipated attendance for this tournament. On one hand, I have a friend who called nearly every hotel in town looking for a room, but was unable to find one, and on the other hand, I've seen dozens of tickets for sale on SiouxSports and Craigslist. Add to that, REA is now offering discounted tickets to UND faculty/staff.

I understand that it's not the easiest road trip for fans of BC, Mich. St., and Air Force as GFK is not a cheap place to fly into. Hopefully there will be a decent turnout for all the games, but at the very least, for the Sioux games.

I'm not sure what to make of anticipated attendance for this tournament. On one hand, I have a friend who called nearly every hotel in town looking for a room, but was unable to find one, and on the other hand, I've seen dozens of tickets for sale on SiouxSports and Craigslist. Add to that, REA is now offering discounted tickets to UND faculty/staff.

I understand that it's not the easiest road trip for fans of BC, Mich. St., and Air Force as GFK is not a cheap place to fly into. Hopefully there will be a decent turnout for all the games, but at the very least, for the Sioux games.

If you want to see Sioux hockey, and 3 other really good teams, this is the weekend to do it.

• Upvote 3

As soon as this was announced, I was really excited. This is nearly equivalent to seeing a Frozen 4 matchup, and the fact that tickets are reasonably priced/easy to come by is pretty insane. I picked up my tickets, and can't wait until this weekend! Hoping for a matchup against BC on Sat night, as those are always great (except when they're not so great.)

I had tickets to both days, but the Monopoly known as Delta wants $930 to fly into Grand Forks and $850 to fly into Fargo from Denver. I think I will save my money and watch the games on TV at the local bar.

It's prob still crazy expensive, being so close to the travel date already, but I've found that it's often cheaper to fly from the Springs to Fargo rather than Denver to Fargo, if you don't mind the drive down here.