SiouxSports.com Forum

Forum upgrade

jimdahl

• 2 years later...

Is that why when I logged in today it asked if I wanted to change my password? I had never seen that screen before.

Hmmm.... I'm not surprised it made you login again, but I don't know why it would ask if you want to change your password. I don't see any settings related to password expiration, and I haven't been able to replicate the popup.

Anyone else see that?

I'm on an iphone using "full version" I just signed out and back in. The screen came up again but it seems related to mobile versions as it has "phone look functions that pop up". I screen shotted it.

Reads:

"The saved password for "cratter" on "siouxsports.com" is different. Do you want to update it?

With the buttons "update password" or "not now." I click not now and it logs in fine...

I'm on an iphone using "full version" I just signed out and back in. The screen came up again but it seems related to mobile versions as it has "phone look functions that pop up". I screen shotted it.

Reads:

"The saved password for "cratter" on "siouxsports.com" is different. Do you want to update it?

With the buttons "update password" or "not now." I click not now and it logs in fine...

That's weird, Cratter...I was able to update with your password too!

Reads:

Got it. Yeah, I think that's just your phone asking if it should memorize your password for you. As far as why it thinks it has changed from before, it might be that the name of the password field has changed or something subtle like that.

I got a box in the bottom right hand side of my phone that I can't get to go away.

Reads: "with 1 checked posts"

Next to a "drop box" and a "go" button.

I click the drop box nothing happens as it appears empty...I've clicked go and nothing happens.

Tried logging out and back in but box is still there.

I got a box in the bottom right hand side of my phone that I can't get to go away.

I click the drop box nothing happens as it appears empty...I've clicked go and nothing happens.

Same here

Anyone been able to get rid of this? How?

• Upvote 1

Well guys, I'm baffled.

I can reproduce the popup problem sometimes, but not consistently. My first thought was that it had something to do with a mix of old and new content (e.g. parts of the old forum cached somewhere), but I've reset everything I can think of both on the forum side and clearing my own browser caches and cookies and can still occasionally reproduce it.

So, I've reached out to the forum vendor for some help. Sorry it's been slow going, I'll keep you posted.

I visited the forum on my iphone last night for the first time in a week or so, and as typically happens with that much idle time I needed to log in.  Everything went fine for me, and I didn't see any of the issues noted above.  I use the mobile theme in Safari. 

I can duplicate the "checked posts" problem on OSX/Safari, but not the quote problem. So, I'll have to wait until I can get back in front of an iPad to look into it.

Meanwhile, anyone having the quote problem on iPad/Safari could try "Change Theme" (in the lower left corner) back to the default IP.Board theme to see if that resolves it for you. That would help me in determining whether it's a problem with SiouxSports' customizations or not.