SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Look at our schedule for next year, SDSU would be that Dakota school. FBS games are great for the money, but as a fan I really like this schedule.

http://www.undsports...0&Q_SEASON=2013

That schedule is designed to get a team into the playoffs. It's unfortunate UND will have a freshman qb and a suspect defense for it. Hopefully they can right the ship on defense and Mollberg comes in ready to play.

• Upvote 1

That schedule is designed to get a team into the playoffs. It's unfortunate UND will have a freshman qb and a suspect defense for it. Hopefully they can right the ship on defense and Mollberg comes in ready to play.

Our conference schedule is:

vs MSU, EWU, Sac St, UNC

at, ISU, PSU, NAU, UC Davis

We could win the Big Sky next season the toughest road game IMO is NAU. ISU we beat in 08, UC Davis we beat in 2011. No red turf, no Montana (only in OOC), no Cal Poly. MSU, and EWU at home with 7 home games and a OOC game with Montana. Montana plays at UND...3 years in a row 2012-2014. We have a chance to close the series gap quite a bit.

Never know, the ac made it to overtime of the semi's with a freshman QB...and a D coming off an 8 loss season.

Let's not grow his oversized ego even more with talk of him landing a gig in Miami. I don't see Miami hiring an AD who's big accomplishment is being a co-AD at ndsu.

sorry, meant it as a joke and a jab at the violation history of NDSU and Miami but forgot the smiley's

I'm posting in regards to the HISTORY of the Sioux/Bison rivalry.

NDSU was arrogant and onboxious even back in '09 when they went 3-8 and although their performance on the field the last couple of years has been outstanding, the only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner. Gloating is for POS d-bags, and POS d-bags is exactly what the Bison are. That's why I hate them more than any other college or pro team including the New York Yankees.

Sounds like someone is mad because NDSU fans have had things to brag about when the team you cheer for hasn't had much to brag about. If you want to talk about an arrogant fanbase, one of your very own geaux_sioux will tell you all about some of teh hockies supporters in Grand Forks.

Dude........you never went to school at UND. You have NO part of it. Hell, you never went to any ND Higher Ed Institution. You don't even have a part of the Mayville Comets!

So, just cause you attended school outside of the state you can't be a UND fan? You hurt a lot more people than just DaveK with that one.

• Upvote 1

That has nothing to do with anything. Completely irrelevant and trivial information. You don't have to be an alum of a school to be a fan of the school's athletic programs. I grew up in Grand Forks and am a lifelong fan of the now defunct Fighting Sioux football and hockey teams. You can tell me I didn't go to the school until you're blue in the face, and it still won't mean anything.

IALTO :lol:

Yeah, some UND hockey fans are arrogant and obnoxious. I won't even try to deny that. But as arrogant and obnoxious are some of those fans are, they don't even come close to NDSU football fans in terms of boorish behavior. No other professional or college team in any sport has a fanbase as full of themselves as Bison football fans.

I'd imagine that any college or professional team that is extremely successful has roughly the same percentage of fans who are full of themselves.

Boorish behavior? I don't know if there any internet .gifs of an NDSU fan getting as close as possible to an opposing player and flipping him off. I also haven't read any articles of NDSU fans punching holes in walls at athletic venues. Sorry brah.

Before anyone gets butthurt, I'm going exclusively after DaveK.

Have you read comments posted by Bison fans on various articles that have been published online about their team? Have you listened to much local F/M area sports talk radio? Bison football fans gloat like nobody else. Biggest bunch of blowhards anywhere bar none.

I've read comments posted by a lot of fans on various articles. The only difference in fans is which part of the country they come from. They use different vocabulary then.

Coming off a National Championship and having a team look as good as this one does, you are going to see some hardcore homers. And if you hate them so much and can't stand them and think they are the worst fans in the entire world, why do you continue to read their stuff? It clearly gets you very worked up. You are just like Lakes when anyone mentions UND athletics.

You sound just like the people who go all over every espn.com article about Notre Dame and talk smack about them and how they are irrelevant and awful.

Bison fans love their football, and tthankfully the local media is smart enough to feed that hunger. While fcs football doesnt garner much attention until the championship, the streak the bison are on is getting some attention, along with a top 40 ranking.

If you dont like the local media, it is easy to tune out, but no one can dispute what bison fb does for and too the city of Fargo. It gives it soul.

I'm sure for people living anywhere outside of a 100 mile radius of Fargo it is very easy to ignore them because I-AA football is invisible to the national media, but living in Fargo the coverage they get is beyond overkill. People around here think the Bison are a really big deal, on par with the likes of the Dallas Cowboys, Montreal Canadiens, and New York Yankees. It's really quite silly when you stop and think about it. It's Division I-AA football, keep it in perspective. 99% of sports fans do not care about I-AA football. The Bison are not a big deal.

I find it hard to believe that over 10,000 people within the 100 radius made up the extent of the group that made it down to Frisco for the title game. Your hate blinds you brosef.

College hockey isn't exactly popular either. Local media is always going to cover good/bad things about the big team. Whether that is the Voter Fraud or a Natty Title, it will get coverage because that is what people care about. Similar to Grand Forks and hockey.

People in North Dakota care a helluva lot more about NDSU football than the Cowboys. People in North Dakota care more about UND on average than the Cowboys as well. I doubt a fan of either team (other than someone like Lakes) would claim that the Bison or UND are bigger than the Cowboys.

The Canadiens aren't a big deal here. Why would you expect anyone around here to care about them?

Around North Dakota, the Bison(especially football) and UND(especially hockey) are significantly more important than the Yankees, Canadiens, or the Cowboys.

I know you like to think the Bison are insignificant, but that simply isn't true. You like to think(from what I gather) that Bison fans are a vocal minority, but truth be told, NDSU is quite popular. It would probably pain you to hear the number of UND students who ask me to get them NDSU student tickets for football, just like it would pain me to tell ya how many NDSU students who want UND hockey tickets.

Get over the hate brah. Look at things semi-objectively.

I find it hard to believe that over 10,000 people within the 100 radius made up the extent of the group that made it down to Frisco for the title game. Your hate blinds you brosef.

College hockey isn't exactly popular either. Local media is always going to cover good/bad things about the big team. Whether that is the Voter Fraud or a Natty Title, it will get coverage because that is what people care about. Similar to Grand Forks and hockey.

People in North Dakota care a helluva lot more about NDSU football than the Cowboys. People in North Dakota care more about UND on average than the Cowboys as well. I doubt a fan of either team (other than someone like Lakes) would claim that the Bison or UND are bigger than the Cowboys.

The Canadiens aren't a big deal here. Why would you expect anyone around here to care about them?

Around North Dakota, the Bison(especially football) and UND(especially hockey) are significantly more important than the Yankees, Canadiens, or the Cowboys.

I know you like to think the Bison are insignificant, but that simply isn't true. You like to think(from what I gather) that Bison fans are a vocal minority, but truth be told, NDSU is quite popular. It would probably pain you to hear the number of UND students who ask me to get them NDSU student tickets for football, just like it would pain me to tell ya how many NDSU students who want UND hockey tickets.

Get over the hate brah. Look at things semi-objectively.

Hey brah, I see you are spending another Friday night on another teams board. Pretty sweet brah. I wish I was as cool as you brah :lol:

• Upvote 3

1981-1992 sure felt like forever though. When the Sioux beat the Bison in 1980 I was 10 years old. I would have never guessed I'd be 23 before they beat them again. That is a big part of why I dislike NDSU so much, but my blatant lack of respect for that program is the direct result of the way they have conducted themselves since going I-AA.

Hmmm, "blatant" would be the right choice of words!

bla·tant adjective \ˈblā-tənt\

Definition of BLATANT

1: noisy especially in a vulgar or offensive manner : clamorous

2: completely obvious, conspicuous, or obtrusive especially in a crass or offensive manner : brazen <blatant disregard for the rules>

— bla·tant·ly adverb

http://www.merriam-w...tionary/blatant

I'm sure for people living anywhere outside of a 100 mile radius of Fargo it is very easy to ignore them because I-AA football is invisible to the national media, but living in Fargo the coverage they get is beyond overkill. People around here think the Bison are a really big deal, on par with the likes of the Dallas Cowboys, Montreal Canadiens, and New York Yankees. It's really quite silly when you stop and think about it. It's Division I-AA football, keep it in perspective. 99% of sports fans do not care about I-AA football. The Bison are not a big deal.

It makes me smile that the Bison success gives you sooooo much pain and misery. In North Dakota Bison FB is a big deal whether you like it or not. What's really quite silly is how much it bothers you.

Let's hear it how difficult the MVFC is. and the Big Sky is down this year. Discuss.

MVFC looking pretty interesting this year. At one point, every game that was being played was tied according to the screen in the dome. EWU could be number one after today. Beating #2 should jump them over JMU in my opinion. Lots of high ranked teams bit the dust today. Holy smokes.

Checked out the UND game box score, awfully close score for how lopsided the yardage was. Anyone care to explain it in a nutshell for me? I'm not trolling, genuinely curious right now.

Brock was flat at hell today. I kind of wonder if he isn't a little banged up or something. Hey Dave.......Glad you got a boner over the Bison game today. LOL! My Comment on the UND game is that a little better defensive play and NAU would have lost.

Just remember he isn't a UND fan because they got rid of the nickname, so actually we don't know what team he does cheer for. He is his own fan.

Just remember he isn't a UND fan because they got rid of the nickname, so actually we don't know what team he does cheer for. He is his own fan.

Dave K a fan of himself and nothing else. Have fun cheering for all the teams that play against the teams you cheer against. Must suck to have nothing.

You don't even know what you're talking about. I have favorite teams. Since you seem so interested in me I'll tell you who they are...

NHL - Pittsburgh Penguins

MLB - Minnesota Twins

NCAA - Minnesota Gophers

Those three teams must all have their own message boards..................

• Upvote 1