SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Who said UND is begging to play every other year? If they wanted that contract, they would have took it.

How does the article from Duluth say that "nobody wants to play us"?

Are you OK Dan?

Then why are all you guys begging for a game? UND had their chance. I never said it was in the article but do you really think Duluth likes that kind of publicity. Schedule UND and this might happen. Never a good situation for a school to be in.

You can't put a price tag on the kind of exposure that game could mean. NDSU doesn't realize it. The media focus that game would have would be priceless. NDSU normally doesn't want to put big home contests on TV because it might hurt ticket sales. UND has always had a different attitude on that. Some day NDSU will wake up and smell the roses.

All our home games were on TV last year but 1. Where do you get your info??? As far as exposure we have all we want. I think all but 1 or 2 games were on TV last year home and away...

Then why are all you guys begging for a game? UND had their chance. I never said it was in the article but do you really think Duluth likes that kind of publicity. Schedule UND and this might happen. Never a good situation for a school to be in.

If that was indeed the case they would have stayed in the WCHA instead of being part of the initial teams that compile the new NCHC; lead by UND. Stop prying please.

How that's working out?

As it sits it is a very solid conference and it will continue down that path. If schools like Utah, Kansas, or Boise State add hockey what conference do you think they would look to? There have been talks from these camps in the past and that is how these programs come to be, along with money. I also have connections at DU and they are EXTREMELY happy with the new conference and who is in it at this point. Quite honestly I don't think you are as knowledgeable as you think you are on this subject. Keep trying.

Then why are all you guys begging for a game?  UND had their chance.  I never said it was in the article but do you really think Duluth likes that kind of publicity.  Schedule UND and this might happen.  Never a good situation for a school to be in.

You said Mussman and Faison were begging, not fans on a message board.   Also, ESPN3 doesn't count for televised games-its the internet...and nobody gets it.

All our home games were on TV last year but 1. Where do you get your info??? As far as exposure we have all we want. I think all but 1 or 2 games were on TV last year home and away...

Local KVLY that is shown throughout the state is a whole lot different than FCS which is broadcasted nationwide. Do you think that is the same?? Not even close!!!

Did you read the article? The had the same situation in 2009 against Mankato. Seems that it doesn't matter the opponent, but whatever fits your narrative I guess.

Enjoy the ND NBC network. :lol:

I'm just fine with NDSU being on every TV in ND plus parts of SD and MN. It feeds our target market with easy to find TV games, nobody has to worry about finding this obscure channel or getting the right expanded TV package from their cable or satellite provider.

Of course in an ideal world we get the games on both NBC and FCS or Comcast(which happened a few times last year).

Don't worry guys, this issue is consuming those over there on bisonville as well

http://www.bisonvill...ison-Sioux-game

Yeah, and they all say No. Which is rediculoous. Most of the comments are stuff like "we do fine without them, we won the Championship" and "If we play them, it needs to be on our terms, in Fargo for EVERY game." Typical banter from B-Ville. Cripes, why did you post a bisonville thread on this site and tempt me to go on there!! :) I am now dumber now for having visited that site!!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, and they all say No. Which is rediculoous. Most of the comments are stuff like "we do fine without them, we won the Championship" and "If we play them, it needs to be on our terms, in Fargo for EVERY game." Typical banter from B-Ville. Cripes, why did you post a bisonville thread on this site and tempt me to go on there!! :) I am now dumber now for having visited that site!!

Yeah sorry man. I try and avoid that place too, but curiosity kills the cat every time.

I'm just fine with NDSU being on every TV in ND plus parts of SD and MN. It feeds our target market with easy to find TV games, nobody has to worry about finding this obscure channel or getting the right expanded TV package from their cable or satellite provider.

Of course in an ideal world we get the games on both NBC and FCS or Comcast(which happened a few times last year).

You may be fine with the game on KVLY if you get it but to Bison alums across the country not to mention recruits outside the viewing area which is as far east as Bemidji its not fine with them. As they say think outside the box...to NDSU the box is the tri state area..to UND its the country.

You may be fine with the game on KVLY if you get it but to Bison alums across the country not to mention recruits outside the viewing area which is as far east as Bemidji its not fine with them. As they say think outside the box...to NDSU the box is the tri state area..to UND its the country.

I am fine with it, I would prefer NBC ND and FCS/Comcast which happened a few times last year. The ultimate goal however is more games on Fox Sports North but NBC ND does hammer our core area of support with easy to find TV games.

I am fine with it, I would prefer NBC ND and FCS/Comcast which happened a few times last year. The ultimate goal however is more games on Fox Sports North but NBC ND does hammer our core area of support with easy to find TV games.

Don't you have to battle Minnesota for games on that? If not the Gophers but the Twins too.

Local KVLY that is shown throughout the state is a whole lot different than FCS which is broadcasted nationwide. Do you think that is the same?? Not even close!!!

KVLY statewide is nice. It is easy for people to watch the game. A basic channel that almost everyone has. When you say nationwide, it seems like you are saying that it is a "Notre Dame"-esque deal where literally everyone, everywhere has the channel. The channel that UND plays on is pretty obscure and doesn't even come with all the packages right?

My sister lives in DC, they organize a Bison-alum party for games every week at a local bar. ESPN3, for all of its shortcomings, is still a solid option has most bars are willing to put it on for you. My dad was in Philly for a business trip, he was able to watch the NDSU/UNI game at a bar with some friends.

I'd hardly say NDSU thinks in a tri-state box and that UND thinks on a national scale. Do I think it is most important to be on tv in a tri-state area? Yes. You probably disagree, but honestly, neither NDSU or UND football are these huge national brands that everyone is watching. I don't think recruits are going to stay away from NDSU because they are on KVLY/ESPN3 and I don't think they are going to avoid UND because they are on a more obscure national channel. What is important, and good for both schools, is you can be almost anywhere and be able to watch the game. Ten years ago, that probably wasn't going to happen.

What does any of this have to do with NDSU and UND playing a football game?

KVLY statewide is nice. It is easy for people to watch the game. A basic channel that almost everyone has. When you say nationwide, it seems like you are saying that it is a "Notre Dame"-esque deal where literally everyone, everywhere has the channel. The channel that UND plays on is pretty obscure and doesn't even come with all the packages right?

My sister lives in DC, they organize a Bison-alum party for games every week at a local bar. ESPN3, for all of its shortcomings, is still a solid option has most bars are willing to put it on for you. My dad was in Philly for a business trip, he was able to watch the NDSU/UNI game at a bar with some friends.

I'd hardly say NDSU thinks in a tri-state box and that UND thinks on a national scale. Do I think it is most important to be on tv in a tri-state area? Yes. You probably disagree, but honestly, neither NDSU or UND football are these huge national brands that everyone is watching. I don't think recruits are going to stay away from NDSU because they are on KVLY/ESPN3 and I don't think they are going to avoid UND because they are on a more obscure national channel. What is important, and good for both schools, is you can be almost anywhere and be able to watch the game. Ten years ago, that probably wasn't going to happen.

Its the chest bumping of NDSU fans saying they are this huge jugernot of a Football program because their games are broadcasted on KVLY!! UND fans say their program has more of a national exposure because their games are broadcasted on a network that can be seen nationwaide.

This is what we have to argue about. Not who has a better quarterback, or defense, but who has a better TV deal!! Can we just play this game so we can dispute topics that are actually about the footballs teams!!

Bison Dan was saying he is happy with NDSU's current exposure (KVLY) so I told him he is in the minority because NDSU fans want more exposure (what team wouldn't). UND is doing that with FCS and their own channel (UNDSN) so don't you think a UND-NDSU game would really be more worth while if say alumns in Miami or LA could see the game not just alums in Detriot Lakes or Williston?

Its the chest bumping of NDSU fans saying they are this huge jugernot of a Football program because their games are broadcasted on KVLY!! UND fans say their program has more of a national exposure because their games are broadcasted on a network that can be seen nationwaide.

This is what we have to argue about. Not who has a better quarterback, or defense, but who has a better TV deal!! Can we just play this game so we can dispute topics that are actually about the footballs teams!!

What fun is that? Lets go back and forth on who has the best cheerleaders or the best parking lots. Actually with pics the cheerleader option may not be such a bad idea. ;)

A quote from Bisonville which may be an eye opener for both schools:

Bison06:

I doubt this is a popular opinion, but I really think it is time to get UND on the schedule. If we are going to have this much trouble every single year, it would be nice to take some pressure off the athletic department every other year with a UND game.

The time has come, IMHO.

I agree with him...if it is going to be very difficult to schedule and with more teams backing out all the time why not schedule every year or at least every other year?