SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Do most UND fans not realize that every game is sold out or nearly sold out at the FargoDome?

There is little to be gained financially for NDSU to play UND, wanting the game to be played for other reasons is just fine, but don't continue to use the financial gain argument it doesn't hold water.

11/27/10 playoff game (first playoff game over 20 if in not mistaken) NDAC versus Robert Morris had 12,202 people show up....not a sellout. One hour up the road UND non-conference game had 11,742 versus Notre Dame in hockey....more than a sellout.
  • Upvote 1

11/27/10 playoff game (first playoff game over 20 if in not mistaken) NDAC versus Robert Morris had 12,202 people show up....not a sellout. One hour up the road UND non-conference game had 11,742 versus Notre Dame in hockey....more than a sellout.

But its Thanksgiving weekend so thats why people didn't show up in Fargo...Thanksgiving in Grand Forks is the weekend after. :lol: :lol:

And you became the laughing stock of the FCS after your strong transition for your cupcake OOC teams you replaced UND with.

Do you really think that U of Sioux Falls and SD School of Mines are better? They are NAIA/D2 schools for crying out loud. You are starting to embarrass us.

Yep, losing a home game every other year to UND would suck for you. UND has had very good success in the fargodome so I understand you concern about playing UND.

Success in the 90's. Cool beans. In case you haven't noticed, the D-I NDSU is a lot different than the scholarship-ravaged teams of the 90's.

Do not tell me that NDSU did not benifit financially from UND games at the Fargodome in the past. Look at the top 10 most attended games at the Fargodome. Pretty sure that at least half are for the UND games.

For ten years, the UND game was the biggest game that the dome would have. Attendence has skyrocketed since going D-1. With the better players and added hype around the team, the difference between having UND come here, and having St. Francis here, is around 1,000 tickets. No benefit.

Thats great for UND. UND was the middle of a great season...playing against possibly the biggest name in all of college sports and was able to get good attendence. NDSU, was at the end of an extremely disappointing season. Students were not there. At all. Lowest attendended game I have seen in years.. A more fair comparison might be looking at how NDSU's attendence was in a good year. The dome was rocking this year. No questions asked. The attendence reflected that as well.

And you became the laughing stock of the FCS after your strong transition for your cupcake OOC teams you replaced UND with.

I have yet to meet someone calling NDSU "the laughingstock" of the FCS for anything other than Lakes. UND played how many sub-DI's last year? Pot calling the kettle black? You'll soon see that playing "tough" OOC is not a formula for winning. If you play the right formula...your tough OOC games will be in the playoffs. NDSU also has Montana and Montana St. on the OOC schedule in the next few years I believe. But I guess they are just cupcakes too.

Solid contribution to the discussion.

Do you really think that U of Sioux Falls and SD School of Mines are better? They are NAIA/D2 schools for crying out loud. You are starting to embarrass us.

We play them in the future? I said after transition. I am dissappointed about the SD Mines game. Try reading the whole post.

Success in the 90's. Cool beans. In case you haven't noticed, the D-I NDSU is a lot different than the scholarship-ravaged teams of the 90's.

For ten years, the UND game was the biggest game that the dome would have. Attendence has skyrocketed since going D-1. With the better players and added hype around the team, the difference between having UND come here, and having St. Francis here, is around 1,000 tickets. No benefit.

Thats great for UND. UND was the middle of a great season...playing against possibly the biggest name in all of college sports and was able to get good attendence. NDSU, was at the end of an extremely disappointing season. Students were not there. At all. Lowest attendended game I have seen in years.. A more fair comparison might be looking at how NDSU's attendence was in a good year. The dome was rocking this year. No questions asked. The attendence reflected that as well.

I have yet to meet someone calling NDSU "the laughingstock" of the FCS for anything other than Lakes. UND played how many sub-DI's last year? Pot calling the kettle black? You'll soon see that playing "tough" OOC is not a formula for winning. If you play the right formula...your tough OOC games will be in the playoffs. NDSU also has Montana and Montana St. on the OOC schedule in the next few years I believe. But I guess they are just cupcakes too.

Again look at my post...AFTER transition. I go on AGS and CS there are APP state fans, and Montana fans GSU fans all laughing at NDSU's OOC foes. GT has a system play the cupcakes and easy FBS games and get those 7 DI wins. It has worked the last 2 seasons. I don't consider Montana and MSU cupcakes but up to now everyone else has been cupcakes.

Again look at my post...AFTER transition. I go on AGS and CS there are APP state fans, and Montana fans GSU fans all laughing at NDSU's OOC foes. GT has a system play the cupcakes and easy FBS games and get those 7 DI wins. It has worked the last 2 seasons. I don't consider Montana and MSU cupcakes but up to now everyone else has been cupcakes.

The only one anyone is laughing at is you......

Someone is a little defensive today. It was a joke lighten up. :lol:

But in response to this I'll say Success in the 70's and 80's. Cool beans. :lol:

Scholarship ravaged? You mean having the same number of scholarships as everyone else in Division II? You're not scholarship ravaged unless you are playing with less than everyone else.

How much does St. Francis get? $75-100,000 maybe? And add $20 per ticket for all non-student would pull in another $300,000 with no additional cost. I would think that an additional $400,000 might be nice for the athletic department.

Someone is a little defensive today. It was a joke lighten up. :lol:

But in response to this I'll say Success in the 70's and 80's. Cool beans. :lol:

You can't discount the 70s and 80s. That is when great traditions started that have carried through to today. I will say the same thing about UND hockey. Never take that history for granted.

Yikes, didn't mean to start a holy war over attendance. Argue if you want to, but the fact remains that NDSU benefits very little financially from playing UND every year. There are many benefits to playing UND, finances is not one of them.

82SiouxGuy, your idea sounds great in theory, but NDSU has nearly 10000 season ticket holders who wouldn't be charged the extra $20. The extra $20 per ticket would likely only be for single game tickets. Minus out the students and you only have 5-6k single game tickets left. Not $300000 worth.

82SiouxGuy, your idea sounds great in theory, but NDSU has nearly 10000 season ticket holders who wouldn't be charged the extra $20. The extra $20 per ticket would likely only be for single game tickets. Minus out the students and you only have 5-6k single game tickets left. Not $300000 worth.

Yes they would be charged. The price of season tickets would go up accordingly with what they charged for that game, in the year it is played.

Yikes, didn't mean to start a holy war over attendance. Argue if you want to, but the fact remains that NDSU benefits very little financially from playing UND every year. There are many benefits to playing UND, finances is not one of them.

You know its not the end of the world if NDSU plays 5 home games compared to 6. NDSU has done that recently...2009 at SHSU, at Iowa State, vs Wagner. I now see what NDSU fans demand 6 home games every year...2009 was their 3-8 year.

Yes they would be charged. The price of season tickets would go up accordingly with what they charged for that game, in the year it is played.

I very much doubt that would happen. Where does that end? Sorry season ticket holders, SDSU and UNI are home this year instead of away so we are charging more for season tickets this year. UND wouldn't be the only "premium" game. This wouldn't sit well with season ticket holders and is not a likely scenario.

You know its not the end of the world if NDSU plays 5 home games compared to 6. NDSU has done that recently...2009 at SHSU, at Iowa State, vs Wagner. I now see what NDSU fans demand 6 home games every year...2009 was their 3-8 year.

But if you have a choice, why would you choose 5?

Money is just one reason I want don't want to play UND....I also want NDSU to play Montana and Montana State...if NDSU schedules UND every year those games don't ever happen.

If the FCS adds a 12th game or our two schools go FBS than I will be all for an annual game.

Money is just one reason I want don't want to play UND....I also want NDSU to play Montana and Montana State...if NDSU schedules UND every year those games don't ever happen.

If the FCS adds a 12th game or our two schools go FBS than I will be all for an annual game.

I haven't said money is the reason I don't want to play them, I only said it isn't the reason we should play them. My only point is to say the money is a wash, so unless it benefits us some other way, why play the game every year?

I very much doubt that would happen. Where does that end? Sorry season ticket holders, SDSU and UNI are home this year instead of away so we are charging more for season tickets this year. UND wouldn't be the only "premium" game. This wouldn't sit well with season ticket holders and is not a likely scenario.

Season ticket holders may get a break and only pay $10 or $15 extra, but they wouldn't get them at the same price. The same thing happens all over the place. Your season ticket price varies depending on the number of home games that year and any premium games. Just because NDSU hasn't done it before doesn't mean that it can't or won't happen.