SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

Hmmm same position they were in last year. Tim Thomas is looking much better than Rask this season.

Yes...I won't feel good until this series is over with. I sure hope history doesn't repeat itself. However, I'd say this year's team has a different look and feel to it than last year, and Tim Thomas has been the best goalie in the playoffs - with all due respect to Pekka Rinne and Dwayne Roloson.

The Bruins are 1 game away from being able to erase DaveK's signature line! :D

I was thinking that too.

Ironic how we're at the exact same place we were last year...last year on May 5th Boston went up 3--0 over Philly, this year on May 4th Boston went up 3-0 over Philly.

Something tells me there will be no series predictions this year.

Bruce Boudreau, coach of the ... Minnesota Wild. -- July 1, 2011 -- ;)

I'm not quite sure that I get (or agree with) the Boudreau hating. He was hired mid-year in the 2007-08 season and when he took over the Caps were 30th in the league. They ended up winning the Southeast division and he also ends up winning the Jack Adams that year. He's since coached 3 full seasons and each of those seasons they end up 1st in their division.

I get that it's a results driven profession and at some point you have to pick it up in the playoffs, but good lord - the guy goes from being the coach of the year to the chopping block in 3 years, when each year they took 1st in their division? How about putting some of this on the players? Boudreau should not be fired.

Whoa...I just glanced at the clock and it's 11:30. Getting late and I'm tired. Spent the night filling out a few mail-in SWEEPstakes that were lying around. Then decided the house was messy, so had to SWEEP the kitchen, then I figured I might as well clean out the garage so just got in from SWEEPing the garage floor.

How'd the hockey games turn out? :D

There will be no second round collapse for the Bruins this season. This makes me very happy and the Bruins are going to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time since 1992. That

• 2 weeks later...

good game last night I was for SanJose but the Canucks look good - but the late nights (double ot) are rough

Bad goal for SJ to lose on. A couple things that went against them:

1. The icing at the end of the 3rd was not an icing. The SJ player shot the puck out of the zone and it actually went off of Sedin's shoulder. Game should have been over and both teams should be heading back to SJ for Game 6.

2. Horrible bounce off the stanchion on the glass, or someones stick, or whatever that went off of! The puck came right to Bieksa while everyone else was looking for it in the netting above, and he even got a weak shot off, but it found the back of the net.

That being said, Vancouver was the better team and deserves to move on. Now I'm hoping and praying the Bruins can close it out tonight.

Well I like watching both the Canucks and Bruins play...but talk about 2 loser fanbases. We got the fricken chowds vs. the displaced euro trash treehuggers.

I dunno.

Original Six vs. the Original Six wannabes?

The Boston Team vs. the Diving Queens?

The Bru crew vs the Look at Me We're also a Canadian Hockey Team!

It's really sad. Hockey was invented in Canada but there really isn't any likeable Canadian franchises. Maybe Calgary, but I could never stand the Sutters (though I think they're gone now). Ottawa is just a punch line fighting with the Maple Leafs for that honor. The Canadians have the history but they are more arrogant than the Canucks... then again, I get the feeling that Quebec is more arrogant than all of the other Canadian provinces put together... or am I mistaking it as a superiority complex?

And the Canucks who, if they played the game right, stopped whining and stopped diving, they'd probably be hands down the best Canadian team out there. Oh well.

I feel bad that TB had to play Boston. I'd've loved to see TB vs. Boston as the Stanley Cup finals. TB had a great story to tell this year.

Go Boston for the Cup! I know. I can't believe I'm saying it too but better Boston than Vancouver.

Worthless stat of the day (heard on radio while driving to work):

Home teams that win Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals win the Cup 86% of the time.

(Sorry Goon and Ray77.)

I don't think it makes much of a difference with the Boston Bruins since they have lost every game one except the game against Philly...

Worthless stat of the day (heard on radio while driving to work):

Home teams that win Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals win the Cup 86% of the time.

(Sorry Goon and Ray77.)

Not to split hairs, but this is from an ESPN article - but I do get your point!

Teams winning Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals have gone on to hoist the trophy 77 percent of the time (55 for 71) since the league went to a best-of-seven format in 1939.

I thought it was a great game last night with the wrong outcome! B's powerplay looked better, although they didn't score. But they did keep the Canuck PP at bay. I'm pretty sure the Canucks won't go 0-fer on the PP the entire series, so it would have been nice to capitalize on 1 or 2 last night and steal that game.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Alex Burrows after biting Bergeron. I'd say 1 game for sure, if not 2. I think this'll end up being a great series - now we just need a Bruins win on Saturday!