SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Seniors: Which will you miss the most?

larsensa

I don't think I could single out 1 player. They were all great and complimented each other well on the ice.

Matt, Brad, Derrick, Jake, Chay, Brent and Evan, you are a special bunch of guys. You will be missed. Good luck to every one of you in your future years.

Here is what I'll miss about each of them.... :)

Davidson-Did whatever was asked of him. A true team guy.

LaPoint-Coming back from the injury, and elevating his game. A solid four year defenseman.

Marto-Could play anywhere they asked him to play. And was successful wherever they put him.

Trupp-His creativity with the puck. The goal against the gophers was amazing......He scored a couple of goals that I'll never forget.

Malone-Put his body on the line over and over again and was never afraid to go into the rough areas with the puck. I think he'll have a good career in the NHL.

Frattin-Just the comeback he made. Turning his life around. A lot of players would have just took the money. He made things right with the university.

Genoway-Great skating ability, and maneuverability with the puck. I'm so glad that we got to see him play another year. Talk about a kid that was hit with injuries time and time again, but always came back.

No, they didn't win a national championship, but I still consider them to be an extremely successful class. Two McNaughton cups, two Broadmore trophies, two frozen fours. I know success is based on championships at UND, but these guys played their hearts out each time they stepped on the ice.

• Upvote 4

Every single one of them. I only got to watch them play in person once, but I've listened since before them and man... it was amazing to listen about them. Great leaders on and off the ice. Best of luck to every single one of them in all life's ventures. You've made us Sioux fans proud!!

going to miss them all!

i'm going to miss frattin's ability to create a play no matter what (scoring the goal on Yale last year)

i'm going to miss pony's huge hits and big red hair! :lol:

i'm going to miss trupp's unbelievable puck handling skills

i'm going to miss marto's versatility

i'm going to miss davidson's do what is asked mentality

i'm going to miss pointer's ability to main the point with ease

i'm going to miss genoway's style of play

in my mind, UND needs more 4 year players like this! :)