SiouxSports.com Forum

House Bill Passes Senate 28-15

Predator

Wow... no playoff games for 20 years.... original. nice work.

That's an interesting statement and number from you, even though it isnt backed up by any facts and simply isn't true.

How many years was it before Fargo last hosted a home playoff game, prior to last season?

UND's response is appropriate for now.

The correct response is "We're looking at all our options and are examining the Constitutional issues surrounding this bill. We will act according to the dictates of the law." -instead of "Screw you and your constituents.:

• Upvote 1

It is time for these dipshits to go.

And who are "these dipshits?"

I'm assuming you are referring to Faison and Kelley? Faison's boss is Kelley. And Kelley's boss is the SBoHE. So until the SBoHE tells UND to do something different than they already have, it is Kelley and Faison's job to follow their orders. It would be very unprofessional to do otherwise.

If you are referring to the SBoHE, be careful what you wish for. Combining K-Grad school into one department of education would be one of the worst things that could happen to every level of schooling in North Dakota.

This circus is starting to have some major political ramifications.

What an interesting comment by the Governor: He's had Drew Wrigley looking into this issue.

If the AG has to recuse himself, what an interesting litigator for the State of ND Mr. Wrigley, or is that Lt. Gov. Wrigley, would make:

- current Lieutenant Governor of ND

- prior US Attorney for District of ND

-- the man who put away Alphonso Rodriguez (the killer of UND student Drew Sjodin)

- University of North Dakota graduate

I was referring to Faison and Kelly. I'm not proposing abolition of SBofHE, but they can no longer remain tone deaf at the very real anger and disgust out there, nor can they deny the perception that higher education exists in an ivory tower world.

That being said, I am eternally grateful for my excellent undergraduate and postgraduate education at UND. It doesn't mean the leadership across the board doesn't deserve some tough scrutiny and pointed questions.

Ah, but for today, I will celebrate. Wore my jersey to work all day. Got great compliments even in Kentucky while the UK Wildcats are playing in the SEC. Going to have a beer tonight. Y'all should do the same!

• Upvote 1

What an interesting comment by the Governor: He's had Drew Wrigley looking into this issue.

If the AG has to recuse himself, what an interesting litigator for the State of ND Mr. Wrigley, or is that Lt. Gov. Wrigley, would make:

- current Lieutenant Governor of ND

- prior US Attorney for District of ND

-- the man who put away Alphonso Rodriguez (the killer of UND student Drew Sjodin)

- University of North Dakota graduate

Maybe even the next governor if he can put the NCAA in its place...hell, I would say next Senator from the Great State of North Dakota, Drew Wrigley!

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

So is this the beginning of the beginning, the middle of the beginning or the end of the beginning? Are we sure it's not the middle of the middle? It might just be the end of the middle, or is it sooner than that, like the beginning of the middle? I don't think we're far enough along that this is the end of the end or even the middle of the end. Could it be the beginning of the end?

Wow... just wow!!!

I agree with Siouxbooster#33- celebrate today (I sure am ) but dig in for the next round.

Proud to say I'm from North Dakota. They didn't let me down!

Mr. Jeanotte said a few weeks ago, what don't the nickname supporters understand about the word no, right back at you. I will say, you came here when the nickname was already here, if it is such a bad place to be, the door still swings both ways. I will also contend with enrollment up as it is, recruits still coming in with great talent, can't be to bad of place to be.

To the Legislature and Senate, thanks for your support, now Mr Govenor, sign this law and let's keep this moving forward.

To Mr Hakstol for speaking out, good for you! I would assume the locker room will be buzzing tonight, I know I will be sitting in the stands cheering on the FIGHTING SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

Joel H. on the Danny B. show right now, KFAN

I didn't agree with everything he said, but he makes a good point about the Governor personally going to Fort Yates and negotiating the issue. To me, that was the biggest disappointment of the post-settlement agreement era. Hoeven showed no leadership whatsoever by leaving Goetz to deal with the issue. If the Governor had personally gotten involved, we might not be in this situation. Hopefully Dalrymple will show better leadership.

I didn't agree with everything he said, but he makes a good point about the Governor personally going to Fort Yates and negotiating the issue. To me, that was the biggest disappointment of the post-settlement agreement era. Hoeven showed no leadership whatsoever by leaving Goetz to deal with the issue. If the Governor had personally gotten involved, we might not be in this situation. Hopefully Dalrymple will show better leadership.

That is flat out BS on Hloser. About a year ago, he ripped Goetz and Kupchella for not doing that, and, now, of course, rip on a former Governor/now Senator, who is a republican. Hloser is one of the biggest Dbag politicians ever in ND. What an effin loser for saying that, and a two-faced liar. Unreal!!--well maybe not.