SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

His performance against UNO? Gets sent into a game with his team down 2 men after Dell has already given up 4. Gives up 2 goals on the PP( 1 was a 5x3 and the other a 6x3) when the entire team couldn't get their crap together for a whole game. The 3rd goal he made the initial stop only to have his own player's standing around in front of him not boxing out the UNO players. The last goal was a breakaway. The only goal I want back is the one in the 3rd. Even though it was on a breakaway, we had all the momentum in the world at that point. All we needed was 1 more goal in that game to make it real exciting for the last 5 minutes.

Personally, I would not have put him in the game at all. Dell should have stayed in. Eidsness obviously needs to play, but he lacks confidence. Getting thrown into a game like that where our team stunk it up is not going to help him out.

If I were Eidsness and Dell keeps playing this well, he's gotta look at signing professionally somewhere to get some reps in the offseason. Playing once a month(@UNO in November, Exhibition in December, and in relief last weekend) is not enough starts if I were him.

Look at where his stick was on the breakaway goal, and anyone can see that he's still fighting the puck hardcore.

I agree with the Eidsness leaving after this year argument. If he doesn't see the net a couple more times before the end of the year, has a degree come May, and doesn't believe he can work his way back into the starters role his senior season he may as well try and play professionally somewhere.

If Eidsness does leave I think the Sioux need to bring in another goalie and give Gothberg another year in the USHL. I think Gothberg will be great when he comes to UND, but he isn't even the starter for the Fargo Force, and could use a year of being "the guy" in junior hockey.

How about which watering holes in the GF area have the proper channels...

Well... a reeeeaaaaaalllly long time ago when we had that fog out game at Boston College, an establishment formerly known as "Boston's" had the game on. :lol: Of course CBS College Sports was known as CSTV back then. Oh, memories....

I don't live in GF anymore, but I feel as though BWW's would have the game. I'd make a call and find out.

Look at where his stick was on the breakaway goal, and anyone can see that he's still fighting the puck hardcore.

I agree with the Eidsness leaving after this year argument. If he doesn't see the net a couple more times before the end of the year, has a degree come May, and doesn't believe he can work his way back into the starters role his senior season he may as well try and play professionally somewhere.

If Eidsness does leave I think the Sioux need to bring in another goalie and give Gothberg another year in the USHL. I think Gothberg will be great when he comes to UND, but he isn't even the starter for the Fargo Force, and could use a year of being "the guy" in junior hockey.

Sioux need a solid backup to push Dell. I'd be surprised if the coaching staff just brought in a walk-on to give Gothberg more time in the USHL. Look at Maris and Dell they both have several years left and then if you bring in another freshman that isn't Gothberg. Doesn't make much sense. I can't remember a time when UND had 4 goalies on our roster.

It all boils down to $$$. Money for equipment has been mentioned many times, but I'm sure that it would cost more for bandwidth also.

Just like it costs money to have a power play clock on the tv?? :silly:

UND athetic department spends millions. They have money for High Definition.

Bemidji State broadcasts in high definition and so do small town (U of Sioux Falls) womens basketball games in South Dakota on the Midcontinent Sports Channel.

It really is a disgrace. Especially not having a Power Play Clock.

Bemidji State broadcasts in high definition and so do small town (U of Sioux Falls) womens basketball games in South Dakota on the Midcontinent Sports Channel.

UND is transitioning to Division I and has plenty of other irons in the fire. They have chosen to spend their money in other places. Plus they are only one part of the partnership that broadcasts the games. If they were just getting into broadcasting games they would probably spend the money to get better equipment. But this equipment is less than 10 years old and works great so why would they buy new when they need money for other things?

The power play clock drives me nuts. If they are taking donations to make this happen, I'd like to know about it.

UND is transitioning to Division I and has plenty of other irons in the fire. They have chosen to spend their money in other places. Plus they are only one part of the partnership that broadcasts the games. If they were just getting into broadcasting games they would probably spend the money to get better equipment. But this equipment is less than 10 years old and works great so why would they buy new when they need money for other things?

There will always be excuses not to do something if that's your style. Money could always be spent it other ways. Its about priorities. UND getting HD cameras should be near the top and is inexpensive.

They are one part of the partnership that broadcasts the games. And they are the part that is the reason for not having it in HD. Midcontinent is ready and willing. They broadcast other regional games in HD already on the same channel in Grand Forks.

Ten year old equipment means nothing, besides the fact that it is increasing in age and is depreciating more by the day and the resale value is decreasing. The fans are demanding it.

UND hockey in HD is inevitable. The longer they wait the longer they look second rate.

• Upvote 1

I agree he's fighting the puck. He's in a tough spot.

But, dId you see where Dell's stick was on the breakaway goal last Saturday? About as good of a place as Eidness' stick was on Friday.

There will always be excuses not to do something if that's your style. Money could always be spent it other ways. Its about priorities. UND getting HD cameras should be near the top and is inexpensive.

They are one part of the partnership that broadcasts the games. And they are the part that is the reason for not having it in HD. Midcontinent is ready and willing. They broadcast other regional games in HD already on the same channel in Grand Forks.

Ten year old equipment means nothing, besides the fact that it is increasing in age and is depreciating more by the day and the resale value is decreasing. The fans are demanding it.

UND hockey in HD is inevitable. The longer they wait the longer they look second rate.

I agree that HD Sioux hockey is inevitable, The sooner the better!!

The power play clock drives me nuts. If they are taking donations to make this happen, I'd like to know about it.

Here's a tip:

Subtract two minutes from what's on the clock when the puck drops for the beginning of the power play, and you will usually have a good idea when the Power Play is going to end. It's a little complicated when there are offsetting penalties, but that should work most of the time.

I know it's really complicated.

• Upvote 1

Here's a tip:

Subtract two minutes from what's on the clock when the puck drops for the beginning of the power play, and you will usually have a good idea when the Power Play is going to end. It's a little complicated when there are offsetting penalties, but that should work most of the time.

And when it's our penalty, listen for the drums from the band to start beating in the background. That's your 10 second warning.

Maybe we can ask the band to do that for all penalties so TV viewers can focus more on the game!

Anyone know if you can listen to the broadcast via a smartphone (HTC Droid/Verizon)? I tried "I heart radio" but doesn't list any local GF or Fargo stations.

I wish they would hurry with the Fighting Sioux app for Android too. To have the app not even stream the audio/video is an oversight on their part.

Anyone know if you can listen to the broadcast via a smartphone (HTC Droid/Verizon)? I tried "I heart radio" but doesn't list any local GF or Fargo stations.

Ive had issues as well with I heart radio, I've looked for a good radio station for the android, no such luck yet.

Here's a tip:

I usually watch for them to stop that little box thingie . . .