SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Conference

GeauxSioux

Guys I don't know what to say tonight. I had a feeling that the Big Sky was a 90% certainty. Something has changed because Sayler had big sky written all over him in a couple of interviews I heard late last week. Something changed. It's either the board of regents or something but something is not right.

I was all for the Big Sky and creating a path on our own away from SDSU. Not that I wanted to avoid them like the plague just wanted to cast our own shadow in this state. Now like usual USD just can't get away from the Jacks. They just feel the need to make every decision on what SDSU does and it's getting rather tiring to me. If this thing doesn't go through as planned tomorrow I truley feel badly if you were taken down a road of expectations regarding USD joining in with you to go west. I felt that Big Sky was definately the best choice for USD even with a MVFC vote but my opinion doesn't matter in all of this.

I feel this really stinks that USD led the entire conference and UND on as long as they did. I have respect for UND and whether we go with you or not, kudo's to you guys for having the guts to make something for yourself.

• Upvote 1

Dont know how credible this guy is but says its being confirmed right now by 2nd source

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=10327&page=6

The same guy who two post later states...

okay USD not going BSC but BCS?

Regardless...we are in the Big Sky Conference. We will be okay. If the Yotes decide to stay in the Summit +/- MVFC...more power to them.

GO SIOUX GO BIGGER SKY

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling that USD got yanked around by the SDBOR and they will not be leaving the Summit. Beyond that I haven't a clue. Okay, I have no clue before that either. :blush:

That was my absolute worst fear in all of this. Whatever it is if they stuck their nose into this and blocked USD from going to the Big Sky I am going to be absoluted disgusted at them.

That was my absolute worst fear in all of this. Whatever it is if they stuck their nose into this and blocked USD from going to the Big Sky I am going to be absoluted disgusted at them.

If that got you guys in the MVFC, I doubt you'll stay disgusted for too long. This could be UND's worst fear (other than independence). USD will be fine.

Just perusing the various message boards, I also get the feeling USD has an MVFC invite. According to one poster on AGS, the decision now is whether the first football game will be in Vermillion or Brookings...which would indicate a potential MVFC invite. Not sure if he has any inside information or not...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?77964-Is-USD-Backing-out-of-the-Big-Sky

If that got you guys in the MVFC, I doubt you'll stay disgusted for too long. This could be UND's worst fear (other than independence). USD will be fine.

Worst fear? We are 1000 times better off today than we were last week. We don't need USD, whats wrong with going it alone in the BSC?

Worst fear? We are 1000 times better off today than we were last week. We don't need USD, whats wrong with going it alone in the BSC?

Well, I shouldn't have said UND's biggest fear; rather, my biggest fear (other than football independence). I don't know how the UND administration will feel about it. I just can't imagine the other three Dakota schools in the Summit and MVFC, while UND is isolated in the Big Sky. UND will immediately become the Southern Utah of the Big Sky being geographically isolated and having no travel partner. And I am very concerned about Montana and maybe even Montana State leaving the BIg Sky. In my opinion, without the Montanas, the Big Sky loses a lot of its luster.