SIOUX vs Pioneers - Saturday

AZSIOUX

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anxious to see what team shows up the first period. The team that played the first two periods well yesterday, or the team that sat back and got outworked for most of the third period. I think the Denver coaching staff will try and build on that third period and look to put the pressure on right away in the game. I think you'll see the Gregoire-Hextall-Knight line a lot in the first period, as that was the best line last night and Gregoire was easily the best player on the ice last night.

I think Eidsness gets the call tonight, but I think a lot of people see that coming.

Is it just me or are the colors of the Denver uni's different? More red now than maroon or something? And the gold less iridescent than in the past?

yes they are different so good eye. the jersey material may be the biggest difference as they used to use that dazzle jersey like the sioux did. another difference is the old jerseys used a 3 color pattern for numbers and DENVER and the new ones just use a 2 color design. the colors seem to tame a bit on non dazzles.

older jersey image to compare

2358636478_9055ff140d.jpg

1030undhockey1.jpg

From Brad's Blog

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire10 Corban Knight26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp22 Brad Malone21 Matt Frattin

7 Danny Kristo29 Brock Nelson27 Carter Rowney

8 Mike Cichy9 Mario Lamoureux11 Derek Rodwell

2 Andrew MacWilliam5 Chay Genoway

3 Derrick LaPoint25 Jake Marto

18 Dillon Simpson24 Ben Blood

31 Brad Eidsness

32 Aaron Dell

35 Tate Maris

Denver's lines

19 Kyle Ostrow14 Jesse Martin18 Luke Salazar

11 Chris Knowlton16 Anthony Maiani9 Beau Bennett

17 Jason Zucker15 Drew Shore26 Shawn Ostrow

37 Nate Dewhurst27 Dan Olszewski3 Jon Cook

4 Matt Dononvan6 Chris Nutini

5 John Lee21 William Wrenn

24 John Ryder10 David Makowski

1 Sam Brittain

28 Josh Rosenholtz

alright, what puck bunny was he kissing? ;):silly:

half hour to game time...who is excited?

I'm nervously excited! I'm attempting to watch the hawks/wild game and the sioux webcast on my computer at the same time. This can't possibly end well.

My buddy just texted me to inform/rub it in that he is going to the hawks/wild game ... but at least i can watch both now haha.

Oh, I'm also hoping the mono rumor about forbs is just that.

Is tonight the breakout night for Kristo or is the Sophomore Slump in full force??

Sophomore slump continues. He's trying to force it too much now and isn't taking good quality chances. Last night every time he had the puck he skated in circles as long as he could with the puck until he could find a spot to shoot, and the results were never close. That's not how you get out of a slump.

Sophomore slump continues. He's trying to force it too much now and isn't taking good quality chances. Last night every time he had the puck he skated in circles as long as he could with the puck until he could find a spot to shoot, and the results were never close. That's not how you get out of a slump.

He's trying to shoot it through people too, bodies make better doors than windows.