SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

Per Hak, LaPoint to play Friday. Simpson sits?? Want to see Davidson suit up Friday. Like what he brings on that 4th line. Anyone else still waiting for Cichy to play up to his pre-UND hype???

I guess I am waiting for Mike Cichy to show up at UND and be the player that he has been hyped as in the past. Also, Davidson played awesome against BSU and looked like a force on the ice I hope we see more of him.

While I agree that Cichy hasn't been putting up numbers and lived up to his hype yet, if you have watched his shifts this year he is greatly improved. He continually gets chances and produces chances for his linemates. I think its just a matter of time before he nets one or two, and then things will start rolling for him. It may be a matter of him getting on the right line and put into the roll that suits his game the best. If he doesn't have a coming out party this year, I still think he has the talent to put in 2 great years as a junior and senior.

While I agree that Cichy hasn't been putting up numbers and lived up to his hype yet, if you have watched his shifts this year he is greatly improved. He continually gets chances and produces chances for his linemates. I think its just a matter of time before he nets one or two, and then things will start rolling for him. It may be a matter of him getting on the right line and put into the roll that suits his game the best. If he doesn't have a coming out party this year, I still think he has the talent to put in 2 great years as a junior and senior.

Think that goes for Kristo as well...even more so IMO.

I think maybe UND might be a victim of their sucess as well, we have 3 lines of potent scoring threats and sometimes players like Cichy and Kristo's might get over looked because of the sucess of the other players, like Frattin, of course no really has been putting up eye popping numbers except Frattin and Knight.

I guess I am waiting for Mike Cichy to show up at UND and be the player that he has been hyped as in the past. Also, Davidson played awesome against BSU and looked like a force on the ice I hope we see more of him.

I would love to see Davidson out there too. After listening to the postgame in Alaska it seems that line got the whole team fired up.

I agree that he has improved. Specifically in the physical area of the game- per standard Hak development.

Hak is very focused on players being defensively and offensively physical. It seems that as he takes an offensively gifted forward through this training sometimes they take a step backward in the area of offensive production. Sometimes they never get through it. ie the younger toews.

I don't necessarily disagree with this and we all know that the NHL GMs and coaches absolutely love it but on the other hand it seems like Hak doesn't really have much of a focus on the development of offensive creativity as a coach.

It's almost as if he says, 'I am going to work on you until you become a talented disciplinarian of the complete physical/defensive game and when and only when you get this down I will let you expand your game to the offensive play-making elements. But when you get to that point you can figure that out on your own with your line-mates.

I wonder, how much time do the coaches spend with the team working on scoring set-ups and plays? I'm very curious about this.

Its already been stated, but I sure hope we see Kristo up on one of the top two lines. Hes just too talented I'd like to see him making plays with Gregoire or Frattin.

The reason I suggested for this a couple weeks ago was that it may be a minor "punishment" for his drinking incident.

I'd rather have Gleason or Rowney before Davidson. I'd have Rodwell in the lineup every night as well. I've really like what i've seen from him so far.

:huh: Explain... Agree wtih the Rodwell comment. Davidson is more that solid w Mario's line and have played well together. That line vs. BSU has a consistant of play as any line that night. Think Davidson is very undervalued for what he brings to the ice.

• Upvote 1

:huh: Explain... Agree wtih the Rodwell comment. Davidson is more that solid w Mario's line and have played well together. That line vs. BSU has a consistant of play as any line that night. Think Davidson is very undervalued for what he brings to the ice.

Well hopefully this weekend we'll have 2 good wins in our column. I too would like to see Davidson out there as he has shown that he deserves to play and be given chance. They seem to have good chemistry with Mario, Davidson and Rodwell.

A few quotes from the Denver Post:

"From what I've heard, it's one of the funnest places to play in the world," Brittain said of Engelstad Arena. "North Dakota is a very, very good team, and we're playing well. I'm just excited. This is what I signed up to do, and I can't wait to get up there, see the atmosphere and play my game."

"It's a great environment, a great atmosphere, a tough atmosphere," Gwozdecky said.

I'm pumped for the series! The boys better be ready to play and the crowd better be LOUD!

agree on rodwell. i had no idea he had that speed until he scored that goal in maine. wow! he will play all season with what hes shown already. i have him with lamoureux and let davidson/gleason/and bruneteau battle it out for last spot. i like rowney or davidson but lean towards rowney

agree on rodwell. i had no idea he had that speed until he scored that goal in maine. wow! he will play all season with what hes shown already. i have him with lamoureux and let davidson/gleason/and bruneteau battle it out for last spot. i like rowney or davidson but lean towards rowney

I think Rodwell is a good player with a lot of upside and I think you have to try and keep him in the line up. I believe he has two goals in the last three games that he has played in.

WOULD SOMEONE CONSIDER PICKING ME UP ONE OF THE BELFOUR JERSEYS TONIGHT? They are $199 and being sold right after pre-skate warmups, and there are only a few. Let me know if you are interested, there will be a nice tip involved. :) PM me if possible.

Did someone get you a jersey? I thought it was the most unorganized fiasco that has ever been. Not sure what the point is of being there early (one of the first 5 in line) and have others come in and pust their way into the front. They then had 3 security guards come with the 22 jerseys....well you can about imagine the rest of the story.

I did hear (from a reliable source that they thought the 22 jerseys wouldn't sell. I quickly let him know that they could have sold 100 more than that.

Very disappointed to say the least. :angry:

Did someone get you a jersey? I thought it was the most unorganized fiasco that has ever been. Not sure what the point is of being there early (one of the first 5 in line) and have others come in and pust their way into the front. They then had 3 security guards come with the 22 jerseys....well you can about imagine the rest of the story.

I did hear (from a reliable source that they thought the 22 jerseys wouldn't sell. I quickly let him know that they could have sold 100 more than that.

Very disappointed to say the least. :angry:

No, but a kind gentleman ( ;) ) was willing to pick one up (thank you!). After swapping texts I decided not to get one. I wasn't sure what they'd exactly be, but they were only replica jerseys with a name and number on the back. After seeing the pre-game ceremony on TV, the jerseys didn't even have a number. Also, I don't want autographs on my jerseys, so that was another thing that kind of killed the deal.

If you want, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a replica for $100, spend another $40-50 for the name and number, and somehow get it autographed. It'd save ya $50, but the Sioux didn't wear them during pre-game (which isn't a big deal, wasn't during a game).