SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

Sioux better be ready to skate Friday night...what little I have seen of Denver is that they have some quick forwards; they were coming in waves against Wisconsin...Let's play some old time Fighting Sioux Hockey!

Nothing negates speed more than speed going the opposite direction. Let's turn Kristo, Frattin, Trupp and some of the others lose and put pressure on them.

Ok Thanks a lot smartass, know can someone give me an answer as to what if any TV there is for Saturday night. I have Direct TV and I am not seeing it on FCS.

My theory is that is if it's a home game... it's on TV. FCS included. We have an FCS contract. They HAVE to put our games on. So it's safe to

assume a home game is on TV... it doesn't always show up on FCS right away, but no worries. They haven't let me down yet.

We need to get to the young goaltender EARLY and OFTEN on Friday! Let's put doubt in his mind, while keeping the D-Men back on their heels.

I look for Eids to play Friday and come out strong. Hopefully with an early lead he can relax, focus, and get back to the Eids we loved last season. I look for him to become the regular starter after a good weekend against Denver.

Gwoz will be cartoonish as always! I cannot wait for the fans to give him a loud chorous of boos! How many Gwoz costumes can we get at the Ralph this weekend? I mean Mr. Belding costumes, wait I mean Lord Farquaad costumes!!

Prediction: Friday UND 6 Denver 1

Saturday UND 3 Denver 0

Series MVP's: Eids and Gregoire

Saturday UND 3 Denver 0

We are going to give up 1 goal...for series?!?! That, my friend, is glass completely full. If we don't give up a goal in the first 5 minutes Friday, I'll be estatic!

Like I posted earlier, i don't scoring goals will be the problem this weekend. Stopping them might be.

We are going to give up 1 goal...for series?!?! That, my friend, is glass completely full. If we don't give up a goal in the first 5 minutes Friday, I'll be estatic!

Like I posted earlier, i don't scoring goals will be the problem this weekend. Stopping them might be.

Just think it is time for some big-time Defense and our netminders to steal the show... We will see.. Either way - GO SIOUX

Like I posted earlier, i don't think scoring goals will be the problem this weekend. Stopping them might be.

No doubt our defense and goaltending was atrocious last weekendand I just hope it can improve this weekend and from here on out. I would bet that Dell has a good chance of starting on Friday as well. I think it would send a good message to Eidsness that he isn't preordainedto be the Sioux starter and he can lose the job as well.

Has anyone else noticed that when the Sioux try to run and gun with teams like B.C. and Maine they get burried and maybe they should return to the Defensive style hockey when playing these types of teams.

Has anyone else noticed that when the Sioux try to run and gun with teams like B.C. and Maine they get burried and maybe they should return to the Defensive style hockey when playing these types of teams.

Let's face it, what we're doing now isn't working, you can't loose much worse than 7-3, so why not? Especially with how good our D is supposed to be. Play a trap/shutdown style game and wait for them to make the mistake? Are we disciplined enough for that?

Let's face it, what we're doing now isn't working, you can't loose much worse than 7-3, so why not? Especially with how good our D is supposed to be. Play a trap/shutdown style game and wait for them to make the mistake? Are we disciplined enough for that?

I am not sure that I can stand to watch that type of hockey, unless I was drinking, :) To go a little further with this premise, I was thinking more when the Sioux is playing game against opponents like B.C., Yale and Maine In the playoffs. Because to be successful in the NCAA tourney you have to shut it down teams defensively and wait for the opportunities, Wisconsin failed to do that and they lost to B.C.

I am not sure that I can stand to watch that type of hockey, unless I was drinking, :) To go a little further with this premise, I was thinking more when the Sioux is playing game against opponents like B.C., Yale and Maine In the playoffs. Because to be successful in the NCAA tourney you have to shut it down teams defensively and wait for the opportunities, Wisconsin failed to do that and they lost to B.C.

That's a tough argument either way. It's been proven in the past that we have a tough time with quick little guys in the mold of the BC frontline and Rhakshani from Denver as examples, but unless you have a real shutdown goalie it's hard to all-out attack the offensive zone and risk giving up breakaways or 2 on 1's or even 3 on 1's to these little guys, in the end they seem to kill us.

Then again, with the frontline power that we have, you would think that we should be able to have teams rocking on their heels from the pressure, but in Maine it was us scrambling on defense so that theory looks shaky too.

The old saying goes "The best offense is a good defense", and I agree that in the playoffs you have to clamp down defensively and wait for opportunities more than you would in the regular season, but is that the style I'd like to see every game? Not really, but if it resulted in steady wins how could you argue?

I'm glad it's up to Hak to sort it out, that's why he makes the big money. ;)

That's a tough argument either way. It's been proven in the past that we have a tough time with quick little guys in the mold of the BC frontline and Rhakshani from Denver as examples, but unless you have a real shutdown goalie it's hard to all-out attack the offensive zone and risk giving up breakaways or 2 on 1's or even 3 on 1's to these little guys, in the end they seem to kill us.

Unfortunately, we have the defense but not the shut down goalie.

i think the sioux will have a extra jump finally of the road and in their home building. then throw in its denver and the gwozettes and it gets even better.

i am not one who questions the x's and o's of hockey for the most part and 2nd guessing coaching but i think a couple changes would be nice to see.

maybe move kristo up with knight and gregoire and just drop hextall down with nelson and cichy. i think hextall can strive anywhere but kristo is dynamic when on and i think being with gregs and knight can help with th early drought in the scoring column. i like rodwell, lamoureux and rowney on the 4th line. i believe we see simpson again maybe even friday but for sure saturday if not. i am not sure on the goalie situation right now. unsettling i guess is a good word for now. eids has shown in the past if you get him 3 then the sioux have a good shot at winning but lately he has been very shaky along with dell. i know there as been breakdowns in front of them and that im sure will be cleaned up for the denver series. i would bet on that! go sioux and kick some pioneer azz

Unfortunately, we have the defense but not the shut down goalie.

Yes this is the truth,

I rewatched the Friday night debacle and I came away thinking we didn't play as bad as I thought, except at goalie.

As far as the play went, we shut them down quite a bit when they had the man advantage.

In fact, during the 5 min major for the hit to the head ( a head that was in the act of falling down by the way) we killed off over four straight minutes of that penalty before Maine even got a shot off. That is damn good D!

Then they finally get a shot off that Eids sees perfectly and he just plain whiffs on it. That is very demoralizing to a team to have that happen when you have just about defended a 5 minute short man situation.

Speaking more about the new 5 min major penalty for contact to the head. I am going to be very irritated if this new rule is used against the Sioux in questionable ways this year- like it was last Friday!

A few years back (in the 06-07 season), after the 5 minute major for checking from behind was instituted as a result of a Sioux player getting hacked by none other than our opponent this weekend, we seemed to be the team that got the most of those major penalties that year. And several of them were questionable. What we saw was players turning their back at the last second to draw the penalty. I remember the first period of the BC game in St.Louis at the frozen four. First period just like Friday night. and it killed us. A major penalty is huge and against a fast team that is formidable, I would say it is about as close to a game over situations as you can get.

So Bina gets hacked and we lose him, so they make a rule and we get screwed by it.

Now Genoway gets hacked and we lost him, so they make a new rule and we again get screwed by it. That major on Friday should not have been called the guy was falling down and fell into Big Mac's check.

We need to get to the young goaltender EARLY and OFTEN on Friday! Let's put doubt in his mind, while keeping the D-Men back on their heels.

I look for Eids to play Friday and come out strong. Hopefully with an early lead he can relax, focus, and get back to the Eids we loved last season. I look for him to become the regular starter after a good weekend against Denver.

Gwoz will be cartoonish as always! I cannot wait for the fans to give him a loud chorous of boos! How many Gwoz costumes can we get at the Ralph this weekend? I mean Mr. Belding costumes, wait I mean Lord Farquaad costumes!!

Saturday UND 3 Denver 0

Holy crap...what would your prediction have been if the Sioux had actually been in one of the Maine games?

This just in from Da Superfans down at Whiteys...

Sioux vs Pioneers? Da' Sioux; 32-0 and 41-1

Sioux vs a team of mini-Hakstols? Sioux win 1-0 in 3 overtimes

Sioux vs God? It's trick question because the Sioux play like Gods...:)

Holy crap...what would your prediction have been if the Sioux had actually been in one of the Maine games?

This just in from Da Superfans down at Whiteys...

Sioux vs Pioneers? Da' Sioux; 32-0 and 41-1

Sioux vs a team of mini-Hakstols? Sioux win 1-0 in 3 overtimes

Sioux vs God? It's trick question because the Sioux play like Gods...:)

Thanks ass..... Look me up after this series..