SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Cal Poly

SiouxMD

Those were some great highlights from last year! Seems to me I haven't seen that kind of excitement out of the Sioux yet this year, both play making wise and guys being pumped and motivated to play. Hopefully they prove me wrong this weekend. A W is definitely needed. Go Sioux!

This is one of the nicest places to attend an away football game. Take in the game and then tour the fantastic winerys in the SLO area. Also make sure to take a drive along the Pacific Coast as well! The MVFC has an autobid......but when comparing places to go to an away game.....I will take Cal Poly over ANY venue in the MVFC! (Davis is damn nice too).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cal Poly limped into the game last year against the Sioux. We were playing with only three undersized DTs (two of which were nursing injuries). Notice how we did well in the first quarter but as the game wore on the big Sioux OLs took over. This year the DL is two to three deep at all four positions so I think we will do better. The Sioux dominated the game last year so we could do a lot better and still lose though. Should be a good game. I know our team is looking forward to playing at home for the first time in a month and a half.

Cal Poly limped into the game last year against the Sioux. We were playing with only three undersized DTs (two of which were nursing injuries). Notice how we did well in the first quarter but as the game wore on the big Sioux OLs took over. This year the DL is two to three deep at all four positions so I think we will do better. The Sioux dominated the game last year so we could do a lot better and still lose though. Should be a good game. I know our team is looking forward to playing at home for the first time in a month and a half.

Normally, our defensive personnel matches up well against your offense. This year we are the ones banged up at d-line, which could be devastating against your option rushing attack. Our offense is struggling a little right now.

I hope we win a well-played, close game. It will be a tough one.

I hate to say this but I think we could be walking into a buzz saw this wekend. We are going to be up against it for a few different reasons beside the fact that Cal Poly is better than us. I hope I am wrong.

Totally agree...was just visiting a buddy in Missoula 2 weeks ago. He's a huge Griz fan. He saw Poly beat the Griz. Said Poly was best team Griz played to-date.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree...was just visiting a buddy in Missoula 2 weeks ago. He's a huge Griz fan. He saw Poly beat the Griz. Said Poly was best team Griz played to-date.

Slightly off topic- but Montana at 5-2 has lost to the only two teams (both FCS) they have played which have winning records, and their five victories have come over teams with a combined record of 9-24 (one of which was DII), yet somehow they are ranked 7th. Their "best win" was probably a 28-25 home win over Sac St (3-3). (Maybe making the playoffs for some many consecutive years has something to do with it)

Slightly off topic- but Montana at 5-2 has lost to the only two teams (both FCS) they have played which have winning records, and their five victories have come over teams with a combined record of 9-24 (one of which was DII), yet somehow they are ranked 7th. Their "best win" was probably a 28-25 home win over Sac St (3-3). (Maybe making the playoffs for some many consecutive years has something to do with it)

They're definitely getting reputation votes, they are not the team they have been, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Poly and Eastern Washington marched up and down the field on them, they couldn't stop anybody but had a good enough offense to stay in the game. Their defense has gotten better lately, we'll see if they can slow down NAU's offense this week.