SiouxSports.com Forum

Brewster is fired

UND92,96

An average coach wins 63.5% of the games he coaches over 17 years? An average coach has only 4 losing seasons out of those 17? That sounds like a pretty good coach to me. Not Hall of Fame worthy, but certainly better than average.

I agree. Coach Kill is "above" average as a coach and, if the people of Gopher Nation give him a chance, I believe he'll do very well. Maturi is getting killed over this hire because the fans of Gopher football wanted a "big" name to come in and put their football program back on the map, like Tubby is close to doing with the basketball program. Coach Kill doesn't measure up to the hire of Tubby. Not yet anyway.

An average coach wins 63.5% of the games he coaches over 17 years? An average coach has only 4 losing seasons out of those 17? That sounds like a pretty good coach to me. Not Hall of Fame worthy, but certainly better than average.

Read the comments in the newspaper article. 90% of gopher fans are not happy about this choice. Many calling for Maturi to resign/get fired? Maturi's last pick for head coach was horrible (brewster) and I don't see anything changing with Kill.

Glen Mason had over a 52 winning percentage at Minnesota over ten seasons with a 60% winning average the last five years he was there......and he was fired.

UND. At least that is the rumor I am going to start.

I am surprised he wasn't considered more for the UM job. He openly wanted the job.

Minnesota has had enough PR problems and Athletic Department issues to last for a long time. They had no interest in hiring someone involved in a lawsuit over mistreating a player. Leach was never going to be an option for Minnesota during this process.

Basically said thatt this compares to how he got his wife. He never shoulda been with her and that she was too good for him but once he got with her they have been happy for ever

then said i cant make promises abotu wins but i can promise we will be the hardest working team in the big ten whether the guys like it our not

• 2 weeks later...

Leach will reportedly become the head coach at Maryland.

How weird are some of the coaching happenings in college football? Maryland tries to force their current coach to retire but he's better off being fired because then they have to buy out his contract. And West Virginia hires assistant who's now coach in waiting because they are forcing current coach to retire after next year.

• 9 months later...

Read the comments in the newspaper article. 90% of gopher fans are not happy about this choice. Many calling for Maturi to resign/get fired? Maturi's last pick for head coach was horrible (brewster) and I don't see anything changing with Kill.

Glen Mason had over a 52 winning percentage at Minnesota over ten seasons with a 60% winning average the last five years he was there......and he was fired.

How long does the Minnesota program give Kill a chance?

Many not liking this hire from day one.

If this is his honeymoon....and a new(ish) exciting stadium???

How long does the Minnesota program give Kill a chance?

Many not liking this hire from day one.

If this is his honeymoon....and a new(ish) exciting stadium???

Many didn't like the hiring of Kill at day one....but I don't get that sentiment anymore down here. I was at the game yesterday and was talking to some Gopher fans about it. They were mentioning about how much they enjoyed Kill and especially the fact that he relates to the fans well and took out space in the newspaper with his wife to thank the fans for their support after his seizure. We also talked about how UMN has to be patient because they are going to take awhile to come out of where they are. Not to mention, Kill is still working with a lot of Brewster's recruits. They need to give him a chance to get a new team (his team) in there. I get the feeling that at least some of the Gopher faithful are willing to be patient with Kill and give him a shot.

And the Gophers are at the same point as they were last year at this point in regards in wins and losses....but they have one more win at TCF than they did last year at this time.

Just read that Kill had another seizure today, and is now at the Mayo.

If the stress of this coaching position is contributing to his health problems he might have to walk away, at least for the rest of the year...apparently this isn't a one-time thing.

Hope they can figure out what's going on at Mayo.

Hopefully he gets better and has a full recovery.

Two strokes so close together can't be good for him.

He might just have to walk away which would be a shame for him considering he is getting toward the top of the football coaching ladder: from High School to Southern Illinois, Northern Illiois, and now the Gophers.

Craig Bohl to the Gophers = I could no longer cheer for the Gophers.

Not that Craig Bohl isn't a good football coach, but he is college football's answer to Bill Belichik. A smug and pompous little weasel of a man who is so full of himself it's sickening. He's a good coach, just ask him.

I wouldn't compare him to Belichick, Belichick outcoaches teams on a terrifyingly regular basis. Bohl just happens to have a better team than most coaches throughout his time at NDSU. Belichick can piss liquid gold and shat diamonds. I hate him. College football's answer to Belichick is one good sir by the name of Nick Saban (As far as ability to coach, not so much in attitude.) Maybe Saban is tired of dominating at Alabama and will move on to a new challenge up in the B1G? Minnesota led by Nick Saban would be the scarriest thing that state has had since Dr. Lou coaching the Goofs.

Maybe Saban is tired of dominating at Alabama and will move on to a new challenge up in the B1G? Minnesota led by Nick Saban would be the scarriest thing that state has had since Dr. Lou coaching the Goofs.

Why would Sabin want to go back the amateur ranks?