SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 College Hockey

RedFrog

I'm going to create this topic as I could not find one made for this year yet.

I wanted to start out with ... What in the hell is up with Tech?!?!

They are 3-0-1 and have scored 19 goals in those 4 games!!

Good for a long suffering team like Tech... will it sustain itself though? Did playing overseas help them that much?

Good for a long suffering team like Tech... will it sustain itself though? Did playing overseas help them that much?

They played several games against good competition before anyone else in college hockey had a practice. They should be ahead of everyone. The other teams will probably catch up some. But Tech may also be better than in past years.

10,556 people packed Blue Cross Arena for RIT's "home" opener against UMass-Lowell.

http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey/2010/10/16/umass-lowell-vs-rit/

I'd love to see a powerhouse team like North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, BU, or BC play RIT at either Blue Cross or HSBC Arena sometime in the future.

Wow. That is a phenomenal turnout. Good for them.

While I was listening to the radio broadcast of UND's game Friday, I had the chance to watch, simultaneously, the SCSU-Miami, UNO-MN and later BC-DU games.

These comments. First, SCSU is not ready for prime time. They will likely get a lot better, but they looked terrible, and slow, on Friday. They're going to miss Raboin.

Watching UNO in that first period Friday I could not help but think back to about 1996-97 when Dean Blais took a bunch of small, speedy forwards and big defensemen, along with a goaltender no one ever heard of, and turned them into a magical team. If you ignored the color of the jerseys, you'd have sworn that you were watching a late '90's version of the Sioux. The same skating, relentless forecheck, one forward after another heading to the net. MN has a lot of problems, but UNO was a very fun team to watch this weekend and could turn into a formidible team.

Then there is BC. The team I saw on Friday is the best college team I've seen since the '97 Michigan team. Let's hope it turns out the same way. On USCHO I slightly mocked a comment by Northeastern's coach that BC could win 40 games, when they're only likely to play 43. The weird thing is, they could win 40 games.

While I was listening to the radio broadcast of UND's game Friday, I had the chance to watch, simultaneously, the SCSU-Miami, UNO-MN and later BC-DU games.

These comments. First, SCSU is not ready for prime time. They will likely get a lot better, but they looked terrible, and slow, on Friday. They're going to miss Raboin.

Watching UNO in that first period Friday I could not help but think back to about 1996-97 when Dean Blais took a bunch of small, speedy forwards and big defensemen, along with a goaltender no one ever heard of, and turned them into a magical team. If you ignored the color of the jerseys, you'd have sworn that you were watching a late '90's version of the Sioux. The same skating, relentless forecheck, one forward after another heading to the net. MN has a lot of problems, but UNO was a very fun team to watch this weekend and could turn into a formidible team.

Then there is BC. The team I saw on Friday is the best college team I've seen since the '97 Michigan team. Let's hope it turns out the same way. On USCHO I slightly mocked a comment by Northeastern's coach that BC could win 40 games, when they're only likely to play 43. The weird thing is, they could win 40 games.

UNO is the biggest team in College hockey right now. They look like a bunch of tree trunks.

Let's hope they lose the last one they play, they have turned into a gigantic pain in the ass for us.

I shouldn't be too surprised, and I never get too worked up about anything posted over there as their loyalties obviously lie east of the appalachians, but the INCH first shift gave the Alaska goalie national player of the week. That in itself I have no problem with, he gave up 2 goals in 2 big wins,,, but Frattin not even a runner up? Here are the runners up (none of which had the stats Frattin did, if thats one major factor)... Cam Atkinson of BC (the only team to play a quality opponent other than UND) had 2 goals (one an empty netter) and 2 assists on the weekend, Chase Polacek of RPI had 2 goals, 2 assists, Justin Shultz of Wisco had 2 goals and 3 assists, and Everett Sheen of HC had 2 goals and 3 assists. All nice weekends (mostly against weak competition), but none had the stat line that Frattin did of 4 goals and an assist, at a WCHA opponents barn opening their new rink. Like I said, this is nothing new from INCH, but Frattin deserves some props for his huge weekend (he will most likely get WCHA player of the week). And if we're not just looking at stat lines... Frattin was a beast in every aspect of the game!

• Upvote 1

I shouldn't be too surprised, and I never get too worked up about anything posted over there as their loyalties obviously lie east of the appalachians, but the INCH first shift gave the Alaska goalie national player of the week. That in itself I have no problem with, he gave up 2 goals in 2 big wins,,, but Frattin not even a runner up? Here are the runners up (none of which had the stats Frattin did, if thats one major factor)... Cam Atkinson of BC (the only team to play a quality opponent other than UND) had 2 goals (one an empty netter) and 2 assists on the weekend, Chase Polacek of RPI had 2 goals, 2 assists, Justin Shultz of Wisco had 2 goals and 3 assists, and Everett Sheen of HC had 2 goals and 3 assists. All nice weekends (mostly against weak competition), but none had the stat line that Frattin did of 4 goals and an assist, at a WCHA opponents barn opening their new rink. Like I said, this is nothing new from INCH, but Frattin deserves some props for his huge weekend (he will most likely get WCHA player of the week). And if we're not just looking at stat lines... Frattin was a beast in every aspect of the game!

Agreed. I saw that this morning and kind of rolled my eyes. To not even get a mention is kind of a slap in the face.

I have become to recognize that INCH can't see west of Michigan and if it is, it's the pretty schools like Minnesota, Wisconsin and DU. Gladdy is one of the few INCH writers that I like.